Remove Advertisements

grr

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:29 am

The bless however was our strongest point in Sunwell. You could have 1 more bless with 1 less holy paladin.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Ye sunwell , prot and ret started to be taken more there as people wanted to have as less of holy paladins as posibile there as they just are weaker then other healers

But well holy being the best healer in SSC/TK/MH/BT as most fights there involved more tank damage then raid damage , and shaman didn't scale the good then as they didn't have the gear ( im talking of progression guilds ) kinda did matter as to why prot and ret where not taken
Io.Draco

Postby Macha » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:24 pm

wait, let me get this straight.

A PALADIN complains that the removal of threat makes tanking trivial and noskill.

This is really, really funny. Let's stop lying: Doing threat on a Paladin never involved skill.
Doing threat is not a part of "skill" for tanks. It never was. Doing enough threat is merely a prerequirement to be even considered, long before skill comes in.

Now with WOLTK blizzard actualy is making to one of the most NEEDED classes buff wise ( sanctuary )

You are honestly overestimating its importance - chances are it won't go live like this anyway.

But well holy being the best healer in SSC/TK/MH/BT

Well, before 2.1 anyway. After that? No, not really, no.
Macha

Postby Warcraft » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:28 pm

I am not angered by any of this.

I knew the first statement full well. If anything, that only gave me more pleasure when I converted people pro-Tankadin before it was the flavor of the month, before we had 16% more stamina, before badge gear that made uncrushability a joke, before people even knew we got a taunt (TBC beta).

The second statement, meh. Rarely did it happen that I could clear-cut generate enough threat, while another tank couldn't. We all generated enough threat. I just often did more than enough, and nothing about that statement means I can't still dominate in that way.
Warcraft

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:30 pm

You are honestly overestimating its importance - chances are it won't go live like this anyway.

You wanna bet?

Patch is 2 days away :P

Overestimating my ass , 3% damage reduction is huge , anyone who can't see that is bluntly said , MORRON , let asside 10 rage and 2% mana for each block/dodge/parry

I can't figure why so many prot palas are wanting to get it nerfed? for ages we where not needed in raids, how about some little revenge? :twisted:
Last edited by Io.Draco on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Io.Draco

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:32 pm

He's right however that the importance of Sanctuary is overestimated.

It's something you would want? Yes, definitively
Would you replace a more capable tank for a lesser geared/skilled prot paladin just for the bless? No, by far not
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Worldie wrote:He's right however that the importance of Sanctuary is overestimated.

It's something you would want? Yes, definitively
Would you replace a more capable tank for a lesser geared/skilled prot paladin just for the bless? No, by far not

Thats not my point , my point is that when you have lets say 2 tanks you both trust in terms of skill and both have similar gear the prot pala is goona win due to sanctuary buff in getting the raid spot

I don't realy care either way , but there are people who when wanting to get in a raid as prot pala hit the wall when the raid leader asks them , what do you bring to the raid in terms of buffs?
Io.Draco

Previous

Return to WotLK