Paladin getting more sensitive than in BC ?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Paladin getting more sensitive than in BC ?

Postby Belarkan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:38 pm

This morning, I was on the PTR doing some test in ordre to understand some wiered results I was getting with HotR.

It seemed to give a different result in my tanking gear and my retribution gear (1h+shield).
So I was doing test untill I realised that I was now affected by demo shout which I have always been laughting at during BC.

Then I realised that we now suffer magical debuffs since our damages remains mostly holy - including HotR - but we are now affected by physical debuffs which we laughted at during BC.

I can't remember I seing this point yet.
It may not be an issue on early wotlk, but it might be later. I wonder whether the game designers have realised that we are now affected by both magical and physical debuffs.

Since I don't have access to beta, does anyone know if this could be an issue or not ?
Belarkan

Postby Warcraft » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:44 pm

It won't kill you. Hammer of the Righteous is one move. It doesn't make or break anything.
Warcraft

Re: Paladin getting more sensitive than in BC ?

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:45 pm

Belarkan wrote:Since I don't have access to beta, does anyone know if this could be an issue or not ?

Nope.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Belarkan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Warcraft wrote:It won't kill you. Hammer of the Righteous is one move. It doesn't make or break anything.

No it doesn't, but all our spells are now affected by physical debuff (AP reduction for exemple which mean seals, consecration and so on now gets affected).

I just remember some karazhan's trashes that I've been tanking much safier than warriors/druids because I wasn't affected by the strength reduction debuff.
Belarkan

Postby Nakati » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:22 am

Doubt it will be a issue unless you encounter something that will apply both types of debuff to you at the same time. And if you do then I think death knigths will suffer the same fate aswell(?).
Nakati

Postby Macha » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:45 am

This is a complete and total non-issue, so much that it defines non-issueness by its existance.
Macha

Postby ulushnar » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:21 am

So our attack power's affected by attack power debuffs? Holee shit sir, you're some kinda mad prophet right there!

But wait, if AP debuffs affect us, then that surely means that AP buffs affect us as well, right? So Trueshot Aura, Battle Shout, Blessing of Might and Unleashed Rage all benefit us too. Oh wait, is that a good thing?

I'm with the non-issue crowd tbh. And you would be too if you think about it because, in all the threads listing the advantages of a Paladin tank over other tanking classes, not once did the phrase "we're less affected by AP-reducing debuffs" come up. Which is because, outside of the occasional mob with Demo shout, it doesn't happen that much.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:25 am

SPOILER WARNING, COMPLETE SYNOPSIS OF TOPIC FOLLOWS:

"damn, mobs that demo shout are annoying huh?"

"yeah"
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Belarkan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:52 am

Demo shout isn't in itself an issue.
Things that affect AP or strength could become while we were laughting at it in BC.

Of course, if you feel this topic is a non sens be nice and don't post troll alike comments.

Edit:
Tanks nakatis, indeed DK would suffer the same as paladins and I don't think Blizard's going to give those two classes harder time because of their use of both magical and physical.
Belarkan

wow

Postby Whait » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:47 am

yep ok demo shout, poisens and any other random debuff will reduce ap/str and what not but in the xpac we will be looking for might/shout unleashed rage and whatnot soooooo ok ya we laughed at it in TBC and now we wont in WotLK O AND GUESS WHAT WARRS AND DROODS have been dealing with it since launch...its just blizzs way of sayin YO PaLADIN! were making you more warriorish so LESS QQ AND MORE PEW PEW
Whait

Postby Conaan! » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:41 am

PsiVen wrote:SPOILER WARNING, COMPLETE SYNOPSIS OF TOPIC FOLLOWS:

"damn, mobs that demo shout are annoying huh?"

"yeah"

of course

Whait wrote:yep ok demo shout, poisens and any other random debuff will reduce ap/str and what not but in the xpac we will be looking for might/shout unleashed rage and whatnot soooooo ok ya we laughed at it in TBC and now we wont in WotLK O AND GUESS WHAT WARRS AND DROODS have been dealing with it since launch...its just blizzs way of sayin YO PaLADIN! were making you more warriorish so LESS QQ AND MORE PEW PEW

....? that made no sense
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby snowwight » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:09 pm

It's for this reason it's no surprise that we end up doing a lot more threat than warriors in raids. We are more sensitive to both buffs and debuffs.
Tankadin since before it was a good idea
snowwight

Return to WotLK