Divine Guardian

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Actually, Shear got removed because if they left it, only paladins could tank Illidan.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:48 pm

=( Wordie has to beat me to it.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby DamienVrice » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:07 pm

Really not trying to sidetrack the thread but I have to ask how tanking flames is harder than tanking illidan??? I'll give you that a lot of movement is necessary for the flames and situational awareness for eye beams. However you don't have to worry about an ability that drops your health by 60%, you don't need to worry about moving so consecutive flame crashes are near each other and he's not pointing towards the raid when he sucks health.

In the end I'm not saying he's harder because I can't compare not having ever done the flames but then you can't really say either since until today you didn't even think it was possible to tank him. Heck by your own admission that means you think he's harder if you thought it was more possible to tank the flames than Illidan.

Either way, I'll happily let this thread get back on track regarding Divine Guardian but just recommend we stay away from patently false examples about why it's usefull or not.
70 Tankadin - DamienVrice
Doomhammer Server
DamienVrice

Postby aureon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:32 pm

illidan flame tanking is the hardest job you'll find in bt. no-brainer.
aureon

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:36 pm

I only problem I have with Divine Guardian is that if you choose to use it, you're locked out of your Shield Wall for 3 minutes and vice versa.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Aleph » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:21 pm

DamienVrice wrote:Really not trying to sidetrack the thread but I have to ask how tanking flames is harder than tanking illidan??? I'll give you that a lot of movement is necessary for the flames and situational awareness for eye beams. However you don't have to worry about an ability that drops your health by 60%, you don't need to worry about moving so consecutive flame crashes are near each other and he's not pointing towards the raid when he sucks health.

Also apologies for off topic, but having done both jobs, it is also my opinion that tanking flames is harder and more stressful.

With both flames and Illidan you have to move out of the circle of fire that they do periodically, so that's a wash. But with flames you have to pay attention to not stand in previous flame patch (gets hard to see after they start stacking up), be prepared to move out of eye beam path, be ready to notify the healers that you'll be moving through fire, and not move the flame too far from the other flame/warglaive to prevent enrage.

With Illidan all you have to do is face him away from the raid and spam holy shield every cooldown. In the several months that my guild has been farming Illidan, I have only ever eaten one single Shear, and that was because it landed in the instant when my holy shield expired and before I could refresh it. It got to the point where I just stopped paying attention to Shear and even my healers were surprised when I took one.

Back on topic I won't be picking up DG until after I see what the expansion raids look like. For 3.0 content especially it won't be needed at all.
Aleph

Re: Divine Guardian

Postby Eender » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:05 pm

Revnger wrote:Felmyst
As the tank for phase 2, this should be available for a couple of uses on Phase 1 to help mitigate damage.

TBH if you are going to have a paladin tank P2 then you only need that paladin for P1 as well after 3.0 hits. There is no reason not to have whatever tank that is tanking P1 tank P2 as well.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Previous

Return to WotLK