Remove Advertisements

quick question: do we need crit rating in WotLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

quick question: do we need crit rating in WotLK?

Postby Wakeman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:58 am

Since HotR and ShotR crit, is crit rating more important in WotLK than TBC? Do tanking gear provide crit in general?
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Re: quick question: do we need crit rating in WotLK?

Postby honorshammer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:59 am

Wakeman wrote:Since HotR and ShotR crit, is crit rating more important in WotLK than TBC? Do tanking gear provide crit in general?

I don't know, but I do know we are being made to tank more like Warriors and an awful lot of them seem to want to dip into the Fury Tree for the Cruelty talent (5% crit).
honorshammer

Postby Rehlachs- » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:01 am

Rehlachs-

Postby Eaglestrike » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:51 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Wakeman wrote:Since HotR and ShotR crit, is crit rating more important in WotLK than TBC? Do tanking gear provide crit in general?

I don't know, but I do know we are being made to tank more like Warriors and an awful lot of them seem to want to dip into the Fury Tree for the Cruelty talent (5% crit).

Crits give extra rage to warriors, which is why crit is extra nice for them. It also lets them OT a bit better.

For us crit still isn't hugely important, but unlike live it's actually useful. Not something to focus on, but it's not terrible to have.
Eaglestrike

Postby honorshammer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:53 am

Eaglestrike wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:

Crits give extra rage to warriors, which is why crit is extra nice for them. It also lets them OT a bit better.

For us crit still isn't hugely important, but unlike live it's actually useful. Not something to focus on, but it's not terrible to have.

Okay, my Warrior is only a baby level 57 atm, but aren't Warriors in a Tanking situation basically in an endless rage situation which is why they try to dump with Heroic Strike?
honorshammer

Postby Levantine » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:56 am

Warriors suffer from Rage starvation when overgearing content much the same way that Paladins run OOM.
Levantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:58 am

Levantine wrote:Warriors suffer from Rage starvation when overgearing content much the same way that Paladins run OOM.
I'd say their starvation cases are more volatile given 100 rage really doesn't give them shit.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:58 am

Need? no.

can help with threat? definitively yes

will we stack it? definitively not
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Wakeman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:47 pm

ic. Thanks for the replies and clarification! :D

btw, do Agility and Int both add crit now?
Wakeman

Postby Karock » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Wakeman wrote:ic. Thanks for the replies and clarification! :D

btw, do Agility and Int both add crit now?

Int gives spell crit
Agi gives melee and ranged crit
crit rating gives BOTH spell and melee crit
Karock

Postby Wakeman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!
Wakeman

Postby steadypal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:29 pm

i would say stack it,,,

but

judgements/hotr/shield slam, autoattack can all crit

nothing wrong with that :P
steadypal

Postby Zumor » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:33 am

with lvl80 I have now around 11.36% crit unbuffed, in raids with furywarriors, or feraldruids, cant remember what else give meleecrit, you get around 17% crit, thats enough to have a bit critfun.
Zumor

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:52 am

Zumor wrote:with lvl80 I have now around 11.36% crit unbuffed, in raids with furywarriors, or feraldruids, cant remember what else give meleecrit, you get around 17% crit, thats enough to have a bit critfun.

You could also grab conviction without sacrificing much if you like that style. If fact with some of the latest seal nerfs it's probably pretty close to seals of the pure.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Papewaio » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:00 am

At 70:

16 hit rating = 1% hit
22 crit rating = 1% crit
7.84 expertise rating = 2 expertise = 0.5% reduction each in parry/dodge

Assuming crits are at 100% bonus damage (which isn't the case for spells), hit rating gives you more threat per point than crit does. This goes double for expertise and attacks it affects.

Plus, at the same average threat gain, expertise and hit are strictly better than crit since you get the same threat but in a smoother fashion.

Only dps classes want crit because they have special effects that proc on crits, and are often at least partially hit-capped (melee on specials, casters on everything), so hit rating doesn't provide as much (or any) benefit.
Papewaio

Next

Return to WotLK