Remove Advertisements

quick question: do we need crit rating in WotLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

quick question: do we need crit rating in WotLK?

Postby Wakeman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:58 am

Since HotR and ShotR crit, is crit rating more important in WotLK than TBC? Do tanking gear provide crit in general?
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
User avatar
Wakeman
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:23 am

Re: quick question: do we need crit rating in WotLK?

Postby honorshammer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:59 am

Wakeman wrote:Since HotR and ShotR crit, is crit rating more important in WotLK than TBC? Do tanking gear provide crit in general?


I don't know, but I do know we are being made to tank more like Warriors and an awful lot of them seem to want to dip into the Fury Tree for the Cruelty talent (5% crit).
User avatar
honorshammer
Moderator
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby Rehlachs- » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:01 am

Rehlachs-
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:45 am

Re: quick question: do we need crit rating in WotLK?

Postby Eaglestrike » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:51 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Wakeman wrote:Since HotR and ShotR crit, is crit rating more important in WotLK than TBC? Do tanking gear provide crit in general?


I don't know, but I do know we are being made to tank more like Warriors and an awful lot of them seem to want to dip into the Fury Tree for the Cruelty talent (5% crit).


Crits give extra rage to warriors, which is why crit is extra nice for them. It also lets them OT a bit better.

For us crit still isn't hugely important, but unlike live it's actually useful. Not something to focus on, but it's not terrible to have.
Eaglestrike
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 3:29 am

Re: quick question: do we need crit rating in WotLK?

Postby honorshammer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:53 am

Eaglestrike wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:
Wakeman wrote:Since HotR and ShotR crit, is crit rating more important in WotLK than TBC? Do tanking gear provide crit in general?


I don't know, but I do know we are being made to tank more like Warriors and an awful lot of them seem to want to dip into the Fury Tree for the Cruelty talent (5% crit).


Crits give extra rage to warriors, which is why crit is extra nice for them. It also lets them OT a bit better.

For us crit still isn't hugely important, but unlike live it's actually useful. Not something to focus on, but it's not terrible to have.


Okay, my Warrior is only a baby level 57 atm, but aren't Warriors in a Tanking situation basically in an endless rage situation which is why they try to dump with Heroic Strike?
User avatar
honorshammer
Moderator
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby Levantine » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:56 am

Warriors suffer from Rage starvation when overgearing content much the same way that Paladins run OOM.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:58 am

Levantine wrote:Warriors suffer from Rage starvation when overgearing content much the same way that Paladins run OOM.
I'd say their starvation cases are more volatile given 100 rage really doesn't give them shit.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:58 am

Need? no.

can help with threat? definitively yes

will we stack it? definitively not
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Wakeman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:47 pm

ic. Thanks for the replies and clarification! :D

btw, do Agility and Int both add crit now?
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
User avatar
Wakeman
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:23 am

Postby Karock » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Wakeman wrote:ic. Thanks for the replies and clarification! :D

btw, do Agility and Int both add crit now?


Int gives spell crit
Agi gives melee and ranged crit
crit rating gives BOTH spell and melee crit
Karock
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Postby Wakeman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
User avatar
Wakeman
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:23 am

Postby steadypal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:29 pm

i would say stack it,,,


but

judgements/hotr/shield slam, autoattack can all crit


nothing wrong with that :P
steadypal
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Postby Zumor » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:33 am

with lvl80 I have now around 11.36% crit unbuffed, in raids with furywarriors, or feraldruids, cant remember what else give meleecrit, you get around 17% crit, thats enough to have a bit critfun.
Zumor
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:41 am

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:52 am

Zumor wrote:with lvl80 I have now around 11.36% crit unbuffed, in raids with furywarriors, or feraldruids, cant remember what else give meleecrit, you get around 17% crit, thats enough to have a bit critfun.


You could also grab conviction without sacrificing much if you like that style. If fact with some of the latest seal nerfs it's probably pretty close to seals of the pure.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9665
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby Papewaio » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:00 am

At 70:

16 hit rating = 1% hit
22 crit rating = 1% crit
7.84 expertise rating = 2 expertise = 0.5% reduction each in parry/dodge

Assuming crits are at 100% bonus damage (which isn't the case for spells), hit rating gives you more threat per point than crit does. This goes double for expertise and attacks it affects.

Plus, at the same average threat gain, expertise and hit are strictly better than crit since you get the same threat but in a smoother fashion.

Only dps classes want crit because they have special effects that proc on crits, and are often at least partially hit-capped (melee on specials, casters on everything), so hit rating doesn't provide as much (or any) benefit.
Papewaio
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Next

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest