AD -> Beta Forum

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Grothnir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:39 am

Bolvar has his good points. All of them in that AoE Hammer of Justice. He is apparently too dumb to know that's against the rules. And he's working that dumb for all it's worth.

Good for him.

Doesn't make him any smarter. :p
Grothnir

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:40 am

Bolvar is not dumb. Being smart does not guarantee you a high Will Save.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Grothnir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:47 am

Oh, please. She was playing the whole "Evil sorceress in disguise" thing to the hilt! Every time you talked to her or anyone near her for a quest, she was basically chewing the scenery to prove how evil she was. Even if you didn't know she was a dragon, it was clear she was up to all sorts of no good.

Bolvar, however, was so busy admiring his biceps in the mirror that he didn't so much as stand inbetween the prince and the clearly untrustworthy psycho chick.

I'm just sayin'..... the man may be bad ass.... but he was not a reader.
Last edited by Grothnir on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grothnir

Postby Conaan! » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:48 am

Grothnir wrote:Oh, please. She was playing the whole "Evil sorceress in disguise" thing to the hilt! Every time you talked to her for a quest, she was basically chewing the scenery to prove how evil she was. Even if you didn't know she was a dragon, it was clear she was up to all sorts of no good.

Bolvar, however, was so busy admiring his biceps in the mirror that he didn't so much as stand inbetween the prince and the clearly untrustworthy psycho chick.

I'm just sayin'..... my man was not a reader.

he was boldly protecting the empire by where he stood, using the boy as a shield, he could protect himself so when she freaked out on him he may make it out alive to rule once again

and who stands next to an obviously psycho chick anyways
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:50 am

Grothnir wrote:Oh, please. She was playing the whole "Evil sorceress in disguise" thing to the hilt! Every time you talked to her or anyone near her for a quest, she was basically chewing the scenery to prove how evil she was. Even if you didn't know she was a dragon, it was clear she was up to all sorts of no good.

I'm just sayin'..... the man may be bad ass.... but he was not a reader.

No, he was MIND CONTROLLED. Did you do the damn questline?

Someone here's not a reader.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Grothnir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:54 am

Sabindeus wrote:No, he was MIND CONTROLLED. Did you do the damn questline?

1) Yes. Literally years ago. I forgot a detail.

2) Dude... you're taking this WAY too seriously. I'm mocking an NPC, and you're mocking real people.

3) Chill.
Grothnir

Postby Norrath » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:24 pm

Stubbornly insisting on something wrong is pretty much asking to be mocked, dude.
Norrath

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:29 pm

Grothnir wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:No, he was MIND CONTROLLED. Did you do the damn questline?

1) Yes. Literally years ago. I forgot a detail.

2) Dude... you're taking this WAY too seriously. I'm mocking an NPC, and you're mocking real people.

3) Chill.

You invited it when you started ragging on Bolvar ;P

Like my arbitrarily chosen ancestor always said: if you're unwilling to have your sexual preferences questioned on the Internet, don't make fun of beloved fictional characters on the Internet.
Sabindeus

Postby Grothnir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Wow... you guys are getting sort of creepily dogmatic about a character who has something like 20 lines of text about him in total. There isn't even any official fiction on the cat. He could be brilliant or dumb as a post and it's impossible to determine from the scant information we have.

He was even described by in game text in a way that suggested he was, in fact, infatuated with her. The "ZOMG! The medallion was controlling me!" bit was about 40 levels subsequent to that. For whatever reason, the first impression this static NPC made on me was stronger than the memory of like one line of dialogue during the Stormwind event. Shocking.

I'm sorry if I stepped on whatever personal narrative you constructed around a static NPC, but get over it. It was a joke.
Grothnir

Postby Arcand » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:13 pm

Tell it to whatever disgusting alien gods you worship. Terrorist.
Arcand

Postby Grothnir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:18 pm

No worries. I'll follow Bolvar's example and cry "Mind Control!" when I'm finally confronted personally on it :p

It's better than deathbed recant!
Grothnir

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Bolvar is not dumb. Being smart does not guarantee you a high Will Save.
I thought paladins have relatively high wisdom?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Grothnir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:27 pm

If we're going to cross game mechanics like that, Bolvar should actually have godly saving throws in a 3e schema.

More evidence that it wasn't a will save but a "blood rushing away from his brain" save!
Grothnir

Postby Galoheart » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:29 pm

This thread is now completely off it's intended topic!!

A good fix to AD would be to give it some kind of added buff with several sec duration that's it's active as well glowing or whatever can be done to make it visible.

Kinda always thought AD should work somewhat or like the Commendation of Kael'thas Trinket when below 35% Health.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Zumor » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:41 pm

how bout some kind of aura on the ground, in mass-pulls you wont see the glow either, but how bout something like a gathering of light below the paladin, the light protects him, how does light protect? with a aura! (light moving to the feet, like a reverse animation of activating a Aura, but with light instead of the aura-animations)
Zumor

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK