AD -> Beta Forum

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Brand » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:43 am

Sabindeus wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Here's a possible fix:

Ardent Defender
When you have less than 35% health, all damage has a 6/12/18/24/30% chance to summon High Overlord Saurfang.

It may not help with your survivability much, but it'd solve the problem about it not being noticeable. Also, I think it would be a lot more fun, although admittedly not too helpful if you're Alliance.

Alliance version should summon Highlord Bolvar Fordragon. (He's a Paladin too!)

Needless to say, Fordragon's now got quite a bit of free time on his hands.

ZING!

Yeah, that would be sweet.
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun." - Zap Rowsdower
Brand

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:44 am

Brand wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Ardent Defender
When you have less than 35% health, all damage has a 6/12/18/24/30% chance to summon High Overlord Saurfang.

It may not help with your survivability much, but it'd solve the problem about it not being noticeable. Also, I think it would be a lot more fun, although admittedly not too helpful if you're Alliance.

Needless to say, Fordragon's now got quite a bit of free time on his hands.

ZING!

Yeah, that would be sweet.

>:(
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Corman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:23 am

Helpunot wrote:Just have to LOL @ the animation being a "red or gold glow". Can you imagine MT Hyjal? OMG heal the christmas tree / strobe light! And yeah not laughing at the idea, just laughing in general cuz I thought it was amusing. =D

Warning: Pallitank vs Aboms may induce seizures.
Corman

Postby kurros » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 am

The other night I grouped with a paladin who had a mod that made an message whenever AD kicked in, it was like "is saved by Argent Defender!"

The funny thing is during the entire run, every time we saw the message the paladin died, and this was in shattered halls, not a particularly bursty instance.

I'm afraid an animation would be counterproductive, it'd just be a nice little flash of light and sound before we died.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:32 am

kurros wrote:The other night I grouped with a paladin who had a mod that made an message whenever AD kicked in, it was like "is saved by Argent Defender!"

The funny thing is during the entire run, every time we saw the message the paladin died, and this was in shattered halls, not a particularly bursty instance.

I'm afraid an animation would be counterproductive, it'd just be a nice little flash of light and sound before we died.

IMO you grouped with a bad group
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:34 am

kurros wrote:The other night I grouped with a paladin who had a mod that made an message whenever AD kicked in, it was like "is saved by Argent Defender!"

Well AD will almost always trigger every time you die. So there will be plenty of that, but I've dropped below 35% health and lived countless times as well. Not necessarily a result of AD in either case, but I don't think the triggered effect means you'll automatically be dead either.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby dmok » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:36 am

Fridmarr wrote:Well AD will almost always trigger every time you die. So there will be plenty of that, but I've dropped below 35% health and lived countless times as well. Not necessarily a result of AD in either case, but I don't think the triggered effect means you'll automatically be dead either.

Why AD just saved my ass tuesday night when we downed Naj for the first time as a guild. at about the 30% mark, the healers had an "o shit" moment and we lost a healer or 2 (MT healer, and possibly 1 other). an avoidance streak and AD saved my ass, and we proceeded on for the kill.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:40 am

One of my favorite healers, in heroics, refuses to let me stay over 35% of my health. Right out refuses. "How will I Smite then!?"
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby kurros » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:56 am

Sabindeus wrote:
IMO you grouped with a bad group

It wasn't that bad, just under-geared. Which is how almost all pug groups are on this server, because anyone with remotely decent gear just does heroics instead.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Grothnir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:57 am

Sabindeus wrote:

Ardent Defender

Bolvar "Biceps for Brains" Fordragon? The dude stood next to Onyxia for how long?

No thanks. If we're gonna summon a paladin, make it Tirion Fordring. He hasn't proven to be a genius, but at least he has also not proven to be an idiot.
Grothnir

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:58 am

Grothnir wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Ardent Defender

Bolvar "Biceps for Brains" Fordragon? The dude stood next to Onyxia for how long?

No thanks. If we're gonna summon a paladin, make it Tirion Fordring. He hasn't proven to be a genius, but at least he has also not proven to be an idiot.

FUCK YOU how DARE you say ANYTHING bad about Lord Bolvar

you take that shit back right the hell now before the ENTIRE ALLIANCE destroys your face.
Sabindeus

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:05 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Grothnir wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Ardent Defender

FUCK YOU how DARE you say ANYTHING bad about Lord Bolvar

you take that shit back right the hell now before the ENTIRE ALLIANCE destroys your face.
Bolvar is dumb.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Norrath » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:09 am

Don't diss Bolvar. :evil:
Norrath

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:14 am

Norrath wrote:Don't diss Bolvar. :evil:
DIVINE STORM!!!
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:32 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Norrath wrote:Don't diss Bolvar. :evil:
DIVINE STORM!!!

ok that was hilarious and only serves to illuminate why Bolvar is the fucking man.
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK