AD -> Beta Forum

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:44 pm

The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:46 pm

Grothnir wrote:Wow... you guys are getting sort of creepily dogmatic about a character who has something like 20 lines of text about him in total. There isn't even any official fiction on the cat. He could be brilliant or dumb as a post and it's impossible to determine from the scant information we have.

He was even described by in game text in a way that suggested he was, in fact, infatuated with her. The "ZOMG! The medallion was controlling me!" bit was about 40 levels subsequent to that. For whatever reason, the first impression this static NPC made on me was stronger than the memory of like one line of dialogue during the Stormwind event. Shocking.

I'm sorry if I stepped on whatever personal narrative you constructed around a static NPC, but get over it. It was a joke.

This only indicates that you haven't played Wrath of the Lich King AND haven't spoiled the epic storyline from various videos on the internet.

Let me give you a small spoilery hint: Bolvar is involved, and he is awesome to the extreme.

(note: Saurfang is also involved)
Last edited by Sabindeus on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby agamemnoch » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:46 pm

They should make it so that AD turns you into a player sized frickin' HAMMER for the duration of the effect. You become a disembodied HAMMER and lay waste to your enemies while you take the reduced damage
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby Grothnir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:12 pm

Sabindeus wrote:This only indicates that you haven't played Wrath of the Lich King AND haven't spoiled the epic storyline from various videos on the internet.

Let me give you a small spoilery hint: Bolvar is involved, and he is awesome to the extreme.

(note: Saurfang is also involved)

Fan service FTW.

But, yeah... since I haven't gotten into the Beta, I've avoided spoilers as much as possible. Especially once I heard about the phasing tech allowing the player immersion in actual events. I'm a fan of the idea, so I didn't want to ruin anything for myself.

If Bolvar proves awesome enough to overcome my perception of his total ineptitude in the Onyxia situation, I shall be pleased,

To the topic at hand.... this is a foregone conclusion around here. An animation/sound/buff would be a fantastic thing to have. We've only had about 20 threads with the subject coming up.
Grothnir

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:14 pm

Grothnir wrote:If Bolvar proves awesome enough to overcome my perception of his total ineptitude in the Onyxia situation, I shall be pleased,

HE WAS MIND CONTROLLED OK? GOSH!
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby wrathblood » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:20 pm

I've been registered here for over a year, and have browsed the information with interest as my main is a paladin tank.

Never really intended to post, just read. However, the monstrous, titanic, gargantuan, and clearly OP degree of awesome in this thread has forced my hand. I actually LOL'ed in RL not once but twice reading this thread, and that's not easy to do.

Well done, gentlemen. Well done indeed.
wrathblood

Postby Merodyn » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:52 pm

ImageImage
Merodyn

Previous

Return to WotLK