Remove Advertisements

AD -> Beta Forum

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

AD -> Beta Forum

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:52 am

Hey, I did not load my beta client for the last weeks. Not time.

First: Is AD still without animation, buff and combat log entry?

Cause this is the reason for the thread.

Could some US Guy post this? (I'm EU)

---------------------------------------

Ardent Defender Change Request

First off, I do like AD. Yes you could make it even more powerful (you know, the leapfrog request) or make it cheaper (3 points instead of 5). But it is right now a good talent. I'll plan to take it.

What I'm missing is not the mechanic, but the rest of the talent.

It has NO animation. Add something. Does not have to be a huge animation. How about the enrage animation? Red Glow for BElf, Golden Glow for Dwarf/Human. It should be something one does notice though.

It has NO sound. Well cheat death has one. If you don't want to add a animation to it, how about a sound? Don't now which, a Dong? A Bell? Somthing to notice it is there.

How about a buff? Yes, 9 times of of 10 it will be gone in a second, but still. There has to be a internal buff, how about make it visible.

How about adding it to the combat log? You gain AD. AD absorbs XX Damage, AD fades.

One could really see the advantage of AD with that. Again, Cheat Death has a combat log entry, why not AD?
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby PsiVen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:54 am

Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Velgarn » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:00 am

I'd like to request it have a buff icon, and some glowy coolness... the icon so that I could use a mod to play my own sound whenever AD kicks in. I can easily see FINISH HIM! since most of the time AD procs I still die anyways. :lol:

(But I still take the talent, just in case!)
Velgarn

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:01 am

Thanks!

I really hope they do something to AD. Glowing Gold with Buff + Combatlog Entry would be nice.

Heck, an DONG you're ass is on the line now, please press a Oh-Shit Button / Trinket / Consumable as fast as possible would do I suppose :roll:
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby gmf1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:06 am

I'de like an animation, a small one that wont get in the way, a sound on the other hand might get annoying, i only played the ptr for a few hours and i was sick of hotr (that sound is terrible), if its procs alot a sound may get irritating.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby Warschild » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:14 am

My AD announces in /rw that is saved my ass (very embarassing when I then procced to die a second later) I think thats a option of the tankadin mod tho. I never realised how often AD could proc in a bad fight till I used tankadin.
Warschild

Postby Selinaria » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:15 am

/supported here and on the beta post.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:17 am

Warschild wrote:My AD announces in /rw that is saved my ass (very embarassing when I then procced to die a second later) I think thats a option of the tankadin mod tho. I never realised how often AD could proc in a bad fight till I used tankadin.

I have it in the chat with another addon. AD something. Uses also strings of hits to show you would have died.

But anyhow those addons are guessing when and how and if you where saved. See the original AD thread under interface, there is more info.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Bobness » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:19 am

Meh...

I'd like it do as the Armour buff books do from Kara... just make you grow when it's active.
Bobness

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:25 am

Bobness wrote:Meh...

I'd like it do as the Armour buff books do from Kara... just make you grow when it's active.

Question is how does this look if it is active for a very short time. 0,5 Sec or so. You grow and shrink very very fast.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Enkal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:47 am

I'd still like for it to act like a 5-10 second buff when it's activated, but that's just me. If that would be the case then growing larger or "shining with holy light" or something would be nice. :)
Enkal

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:03 am

Enkal wrote:I'd still like for it to act like a 5-10 second buff when it's activated, but that's just me. If that would be the case then growing larger or "shining with holy light" or something would be nice. :)

I think everybody would like that more :roll:

But not sure if that will ever happen. Heck, I would take 5 sec of AD Buff if they put a 30 sec internal cd on it.

But there have been lots of suggestions to make AD stronger.

My wish was just to make it more noticable.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:32 am

Here's a possible fix:

Ardent Defender
When you have less than 35% health, all damage has a 6/12/18/24/30% chance to summon High Overlord Saurfang.

It may not help with your survivability much, but it'd solve the problem about it not being noticeable. Also, I think it would be a lot more fun, although admittedly not too helpful if you're Alliance.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Helpunot » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:37 am

Just have to LOL @ the animation being a "red or gold glow". Can you imagine MT Hyjal? OMG heal the christmas tree / strobe light! And yeah not laughing at the idea, just laughing in general cuz I thought it was amusing. =D
Last edited by Helpunot on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helpunot

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:40 am

moduspwnens wrote:Here's a possible fix:

Ardent Defender
When you have less than 35% health, all damage has a 6/12/18/24/30% chance to summon High Overlord Saurfang.

It may not help with your survivability much, but it'd solve the problem about it not being noticeable. Also, I think it would be a lot more fun, although admittedly not too helpful if you're Alliance.

Alliance version should summon Highlord Bolvar Fordragon. (He's a Paladin too!)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Next

Return to WotLK