Prot
43%
Ret
43%

Total votes : 159

The most desired raid paladin spec in WotLK

Postby Mishdorf » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:22 am

So, what do you think it will be?

I am tipping retribution due to the amount of utility it can bring. Imp BoM, BoK, replenishment and pewpew dps.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby PsiVen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:36 am

Well, the value of utility depends on the raid size. In a 25-man Imp BoM is pretty worthless if you have a single DPS warrior.

I think all specs of paladins will be in pretty high demand due to BoK/BoW and even BoSanct being irreplaceable.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby ulushnar » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:37 am

I think if I spec anything other than Prot, my guild will have a problem with me.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby crabcrouton » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:48 am

Considering I'm the only tank in my 10 man guild, I don't think I'll be allowed to spec Holy or Ret anytime soon.

My situation is also not a rarity. Three other guilds on my server share the same situation.
crabcrouton

Postby Origon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:56 am

crabcrouton wrote:Considering I'm the only tank in my 10 man guild, I don't think I'll be allowed to spec Holy or Ret anytime soon.

My situation is also not a rarity. Three other guilds on my server share the same situation.

^ this. Also, playing with friends that are more.....well, casual means constantly reminding them to move from fire and such things. The only other three people interested in tanking, 2 of them are the people that would stand in charred earth until they die, and then ask how they died while the rest of the raid will be screaming for them to move. The third is leveling a druid for OTing. :lol:
Origon

Postby Amarant_Pally » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:01 am

I will be a Prot Paladin till the end of WoW...one way or another.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:09 am

Retri, just for BoK.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:17 am

Origon wrote:
crabcrouton wrote:Considering I'm the only tank in my 10 man guild, I don't think I'll be allowed to spec Holy or Ret anytime soon.

^ this. Also, playing with friends that are more.....well, casual means constantly reminding them to move from fire and such things. The only other three people interested in tanking, 2 of them are the people that would stand in charred earth until they die, and then ask how they died while the rest of the raid will be screaming for them to move. The third is leveling a druid for OTing. :lol:

Hey standing in the the charred earth is safer than moving out of it. A tailswipe or two due to a NB reposition and your melee dps is dead. Better for your healers blow a CD to keep you up than put the whole raid in danger. It's also a good time to pop Healthstones, Ironshields, and the pocket watch if you have it.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby culhag » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:20 am

I don't see the question as what spec you'll take, or what your guild needs, but rather what most guilds will want.

And I think healers will be the hardest to find, so I say Holy.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Jtree » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:22 am

I thought all polls were supposed to have a CBH option?

Prot's still my thing, but I think I'll have to try the other two specs, gear permitting, whenever I get the chance.
Jtree

Postby Gideon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:26 am

Culhag wrote:I don't see the question as what spec you'll take, or what your guild needs, but rather what most guilds will want.

And I think healers will be the hardest to find, so I say Holy.

This.

Blizzard did a lot to attract people to tanking. DPS will always appeal. Prot paladins and ret paladins are gaining more acceptance now too.

Before TBC, all raiding druids were resto. Now PVE restos are outnumbered by PVE ferals. It will be the same for paladins in WotLK.
Gideon

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:32 am

I still think holy will be the most wanted spec , with prot second and ret the least wanted

This is assuming your holy palas spec in kings , wich they will do if they like it or not
Io.Draco

Postby Origon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:34 am

Majiben wrote:
Origon wrote:

Hey standing in the the charred earth is safer than moving out of it. A tailswipe or two due to a NB reposition and your melee dps is dead. Better for your healers blow a CD to keep you up than put the whole raid in danger. It's also a good time to pop Healthstones, Ironshields, and the pocket watch if you have it.

Who said anything bout them tanking during that fight? one was a mage who put out less dps than me tanking (he had at least 1 of every spell cast in that nightbane fight, something like 11 frostbolts, 3 pyros, 7 fireballs, 8 scorches and others) and the other is one of the healers. The druid one is good though

I r happy with competent offtank :D
Origon

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:52 am

Origon wrote:Who said anything bout them tanking during that fight? one was a mage who put out less dps than me tanking (he had at least 1 of every spell cast in that nightbane fight, something like 11 frostbolts, 3 pyros, 7 fireballs, 8 scorches and others) and the other is one of the healers. The druid one is good though

I r happy with competent offtank :D

Ohoes sorry. Sorry my raid leader calls out everytime i'm in charred earth to move out of it :roll: . I assumed they were tanking NB since they were interested in tanking and kara is a bit of an altfest these days.

And about that mage......
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Levantine » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:18 am

I said Ret, because even my current guild, which totally hates Ret Pallies is going to take one.
Levantine

Next

Return to WotLK