Seals of the Pure vs Conviction

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Solitatis » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Korangar wrote:
Scotthew wrote:My answer is get both! :mrgreen:

5 | 51 | 15

Oof. I don't know if 20% more incoming damage (vs single targets) is a worthwhile tradeoff for a little extra threat personally.

And people naysay Argent Defender a lot, but it's not an entirely unsound talent, the theory being that the leapfrogging has been lessened a bit.

I doubt the leapfrogging has been lessened. Anyhow, you can get away without judgements of the just if you have a warrior or druid applying their version of the debuff for you.

I thought along thise lines aswell. But I would go with a 2/5 seals and crusade, and some other minor tweeks:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=541000500003000000000000000020000000000000000000000000050053500315251033312301

for 25 man. My 10 man will look quite different.
Thought without action is a daydream.
Action without thought is a nightmare.
Solitatis

Postby Naima » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:06 am

I'm feeling this I think at 80

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZaxVA0uRteIRhoxs

I didn't feel the need to pick up judgment of the just because if a guild is bringing a prot pally, I'm assuming there is at least 1 feral druid, warrior, or Death Knight to toss up their version of the debuff.

I also chose to take kings because I love 5 mans, and I feel like a fake prot pally not having it. Haha. But if I could drop those 5 points, I'd probably finish out reckoning.
Naima

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:35 am

Scotthew wrote:
Korangar wrote:Oof. I don't know if 20% more incoming damage (vs single targets) is a worthwhile tradeoff for a little extra threat personally.

And people naysay Argent Defender a lot, but it's not an entirely unsound talent, the theory being that the leapfrogging has been lessened a bit.

It's not that I'm necessarily against Ardent Defender, I use it on live, but with all the changes there are just so many better uses of 5 points now. Judgements of the Just is something I may pick up depending on typical raid composition. Like mentioned, there are other classes that can apply the same affect. Outside of raiding the damage reduction isn't necessary imo and it will slightly lessen single target threat output.

Thaco
US-Daggerspine

Well I'd tend to disagree with that. You don't need AD, but there's not really any other mitigation talents that you could put in it's place except for maybe Improved LoH which is only a 15 second buff every 16 minutes.

You are choosing threat talents over AD which is fine, but given the current state of tanking where we are producing tons of threat, it's hard to argue that even more threat talents are a better use of points.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Strom » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Scotthew wrote:
Korangar wrote:Oof. I don't know if 20% more incoming damage (vs single targets) is a worthwhile tradeoff for a little extra threat personally.

It's not that I'm necessarily against Ardent Defender, I use it on live, but with all the changes there are just so many better uses of 5 points now. Judgements of the Just is something I may pick up depending on typical raid composition. Like mentioned, there are other classes that can apply the same affect. Outside of raiding the damage reduction isn't necessary imo and it will slightly lessen single target threat output.

Thaco
US-Daggerspine

Well I'd tend to disagree with that. You don't need AD, but there's not really any other mitigation talents that you could put in it's place except for maybe Improved LoH which is only a 15 second buff every 16 minutes.

You are choosing threat talents over AD which is fine, but given the current state of tanking where we are producing tons of threat, it's hard to argue that even more threat talents are a better use of points.

Exactly. We need to pick battles vs the competition, and threat is not an issue so far. Mitigation will be.
Strom

Previous

Return to WotLK