Improved judgement 1/2 or 2/2 with wotlk?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Elsie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Lag should not interrupt our rotations very much considering the amount of haste buffs flying around in raids.

Felt we could expand on this. Lag would still interrupt cycled due to, well, it being lag. While I recall the server can be 'queued' for an ability so to speak, I don't ever recall experiencing the exactness of it.

Further, Most of the haste buffs will not effect the GCD. Windfury is only melee swing speed haste. Wrath of air is only Spell cast speed haste. We will gain the moonkin and ret paladin buffs, but they won't be significant enough to dent out GCD

To go back to the topic and expand my previous post:
If we lose 3 seconds per 2 minutes, then over an 8 minute boss fight (not unreasonable to assume) we will have wasted at maximum 12 seconds. However, the typical amount since we would have Hammer of Wrath in the last portion. So we would have, I think reasonably to say, 9-10 lost seconds of offensive ability given exorcism and holy wrath can't be used. Further, we have 0 loss on undead/demon mobs in terms of time.
Elsie

Postby Equitas » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:39 pm

Rotation seems more like button smashing to me right now as it is =/
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:10 pm

Mneme wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Mneme wrote:
Jensaarai wrote:1/2

0/2 makes me cringe in 969, and 2/2 is pointless.

2/2 is not pointless at all. It gives you an 11% faster Judgement when compared to 1/2. It is very useful for picking up loose mobs, adds, etc. You are not going to be spending 100% of your time mashing a macro in front of a boss, think outside the box a little bit here.
With instacast AS, 8 sec no gcd taunt, and hammer to punch if it's in melee, killing a talent point for a single second that you will frequently not use is fail. Think outside the box a little bit here.

I have found myself frequently using Judgement on cooldown when MT/OTing Sartharion, and in most 5man and heroic dungeons. I'm going beyond the theorycrafting here and basing my opinion off of actual experience, which is unfortunately one of this forum's weak areas. The ability to get out a semi-ranged pickup move faster is something I consider invaluable as a tank.

I plan on using a build similar to this one, possibly switching out Heart of the Crusader with Imp Might depending on raid setup (3 floater points currently):
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xVAcuMteIRGoxf00b

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific, I was speaking from experience as well :)

0/2 I had big problems with my rotation, it through all the cooldowns off.

1/2 fits perfectly.

2/2 I did not find I needed this, the best example I can think of is something like Gothik, between judgement, hotr, shor, as, exorcism, and holy wrath...you're pretty well set on instant attacks to pick up things. I haven't wished for a second off my judgement in all my naxx or os runs, or heroics...and that was even when Heroic Pinnacle was crazy fun as hell :P

But, whatever works for you.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby fiorina » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:42 pm

So.. cough...

Anyone already got macro for it?
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:52 pm

fiorina wrote:So.. cough...

It varies too much to really macro. The best you could do is macro your 6s abilities together, and maybe holy shield+judgement. You'd still end up worse than actually playing your character.
Elsie

Postby Dianora » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:57 pm

Jensaarai wrote:1/2

0/2 makes me cringe in 969, and 2/2 is pointless.

2/2 Improved Judgement is for Retribution's rotation. It doesn't clipped into their cooldown.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Dianora » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:19 pm

Elsie wrote:
fiorina wrote:So.. cough...

It varies too much to really macro. The best you could do is macro your 6s abilities together, and maybe holy shield+judgement. You'd still end up worse than actually playing your character.

I grabbed this from a different post, but here's the 9 second CD Macro:
#showtooltip Holy Shield
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence reset=9 Holy Shield, Consecration, Judgement of Wisdom
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

The 6 second rotation. I found that it'll be an good idea to make one that starts with ShoR and one with HotR.
#showtooltip Shield of Righteousness
/castsequence reset=6 Shield of Righteousness, Hammer of the Righteous

#showtooltip Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=6 Hammer of the Righteous, Shield of Righteousness

I don't actually use the 9 second CD script. But I do use a modified Judgement of Wisdom:
#showtooltip Judgement of Wisdom
/cast [mod:alt/shift/ctrl] Hammer of Wrath; Judgement of Wisdom

Save me an action bar button to do Hammer of Wrath.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby PsiVen » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:07 am

Mneme wrote:
PsiVen wrote:As for threat not mattering, yes, well, you'll notice that some of us theorycrafters are very unhappy about that. I'm counting on things not staying that way, and I am committed to keeping people informed so that in case it stays the same, we don't all regress into facerolling nincompoopery.

I think the blue quote is taken out of context, or perhaps worded poorly. Compared to Live, where keeping aggro against Sunwell DPS is an exercise in frustration, keeping aggro in Beta is a breeze. It's a LOT less frustrating, I no longer have to worry about every single GCD. I believe it's part of the movement to get more people tanking, and I like it. I get to worry more about positioning, what everyone else is doing, other fight mechanics, etc.

Keeping aggro should be something of a challenge, else all we have to do on many fights is watch what everyone else is doing.

Anyway, there are a lot of blue posts on the subject saying some conflicting things. But the numbers don't lie, with increased DPS our threat was good enough and then it was buffed by another 43%. Of course it's beta, that's why I'm hoping it will change. It was a lot less frustrating to level when you could judge mobs for 15k too, but that doesn't mean it's good for the game.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Previous

Return to WotLK