Improved judgement 1/2 or 2/2 with wotlk?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby dmok » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:38 am

that does not follow from your rotations above.

granted that does work. it is still different from what you had posted above in your 2 round system.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Jikozani » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:18 am

Won't we have some haste however, from raidwide buffs? (retri aura?)
Jikozani

Postby Norrath » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:58 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Origon wrote:From that rotation, what would be the best choice to skip to do things like rebuff seal / rebuff sacred shield (if only pally in raid), use hand spell on someone and such?
I'd say consecration if it's #Targets <= 3, otherwise probably ShoR

HotR or Judgement. ShoR is our biggest threat move, followed by Consecration. Holy Shield is a mitigation tool and should never be skipped on content that matters.

HotR is the best bet. It's the weakest of the threat moves (with the exception of Judgement) and it has the 6 second CD, so it fits better with stuff like Avenger's Shield (30 sec CD), Hammer of Wrath (6 sec CD), Exorcism (30 sec CD), etc.

You can only skip Judgement once every rotation, in any case -- the debuff lasts 20 seconds so if you skip it twice in a row, you let the debuff fall off.
Norrath

Postby kurros » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:09 am

All of this seems like a ton of effort for naught, given all the reports from beta about how our threat is through the roof. Could probably spam buttons at random and hold agro if the reports are correct.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Norrath » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:11 am

kurros wrote:All of this seems like a ton of effort for naught, given all the reports from beta about how our threat is through the roof. Could probably spam buttons at random and hold agro if the reports are correct.

Your point being...?

Some of us still want to maximize our performance.
Norrath

Postby Elsie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:16 am

Norrath wrote:
kurros wrote:All of this seems like a ton of effort for naught, given all the reports from beta about how our threat is through the roof. Could probably spam buttons at random and hold agro if the reports are correct.

If you do an improper cycle, you can feasibly have around 20% of your GCDs wasted. That's a significant portion of your threat and DPS lost to poor planning.
Elsie

Postby Mneme » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:18 am

I am going 2/2 because I enjoy the reduced cooldown on a quasi-ranged ability that allows me to pick up adds and loose mobs faster, and it is on the way down to Pursuit of Justice.
There are few who deny at what I do I am the best,
For my talents are renowned far and wide.
Mneme

Postby kurros » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Norrath wrote:
Your point being...?

It's just funny how in the kings thread the argument was to take BoK because those 5 talent points could only be spent on +threat abilities anyway and we don't need the threat at all.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Elsie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:10 pm

kurros wrote:It's just funny how in the kings thread the argument was to take BoK because those 5 talent points could only be spent on +threat abilities anyway and we don't need the threat at all.

Keep the flames and trolling out the thread please. There's no indication that threat won't be a concern on release or in uldum. >_>
Elsie

Postby Norrath » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:19 pm

Blizzard HAS said threat shouldn't be as much of a concern -- it's their new philosophy. (I'd quote GC, but I can't remember where the post's from.)
Norrath

Postby Elsie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:21 pm

Norrath wrote:Blizzard HAS said threat shouldn't be as much of a concern -- it's their new philosophy. (I'd quote GC, but I can't remember where the post's from.)

I read this as "as much of a concern" not "not a concern." Your threat will still be reduced if you slack or require plenty of movement (or other various jumps through hoops). In those circumstances or in the circumstance of DPS with better gear an optimal threat cycle is very important.
Elsie

Postby Mneme » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:23 pm

Elsie wrote:
Norrath wrote:Blizzard HAS said threat shouldn't be as much of a concern -- it's their new philosophy. (I'd quote GC, but I can't remember where the post's from.)

I read this as "as much of a concern" not "not a concern." Your threat will still be bad if you slack or require plenty of movement (or other various jumps through hoops).

Yeah, and that's no different from how anything else functions honestly. Movement lowers TPS, DPS, HPS.
There are few who deny at what I do I am the best,
For my talents are renowned far and wide.
Mneme

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:27 pm

1/2

0/2 makes me cringe in 969, and 2/2 is pointless.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Elsie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:28 pm

Mneme wrote:
Elsie wrote:

I read this as "as much of a concern" not "not a concern." Your threat will still be bad if you slack or require plenty of movement (or other various jumps through hoops).

Yeah, and that's no different from how anything else functions honestly. Movement lowers TPS, DPS, HPS.

Many movement do not lower DPS.
Elsie

Postby Norrath » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Elsie wrote:

I read this as "as much of a concern" not "not a concern." Your threat will still be reduced if you slack or require plenty of movement (or other various jumps through hoops). In those circumstances or in the circumstance of DPS with better gear an optimal threat cycle is very important.

Well, yes -- but you'll hold aggro even if you slack. Spam ShoR and Consecration and refresh SoV every two minutes and I imagine you're pretty much set -- but everyone'll know you're slacking. Your DPS will be abysmal compared to a tank who's doing his job with enthusiasm.

That's how a good tank will be judged in Wrath -- on his DPS and his ability to stay alive. Holding threat really isn't a concern.
Norrath

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK