A message to stupid posters

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

A message to stupid posters

Postby Mishdorf » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:32 pm

Noone can take a build seriously, even a 70 build, if it does not have kings in it.

You may be in the 1% of cases that does not need kings in their build due to a plethora of ret pallies in your guild, but for five, ten and 90% of 25 man raids, kings is by far better than any other spending of the five talent points.

So please stop posting prot specs without kings in it. Unless you are making a very specific build for a specific fight that does not yet exist in the game, any poster I see post one I shall automatically assume is a moron, who would be outwitted by a burned out toaster.

Thank you for reading this public service announcement.

EDIT: This is the core of a good tanking spec. Available at 69. Every talent thereafter is flavour or filling out "nice to have" abilities. Note that point in imp devo can go into 11 pt talent.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... 1533310321
Last edited by Mishdorf on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:35 pm

:(
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Huon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:35 pm

gtfo?

I am not taking kings and probably never will unless my raids needs me to.

You don't make a post telling off ppl on their specs.

hear that? I AM NOT TAKING KINGS IN MY SPEC EVEN AT 80.
Huon

Re: A message to stupid posters

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:38 pm

Mishdorf wrote:
Thoughts Regarding Kings in a Prot Talent Build

It is my belief that Kings is too important of a buff to pass up in a Protection build.

It is the case that many prot paladins may need kings in their build due to a plethora of ret pallies in your guild, but it is my belief that for five, ten and 90% of 25 man raids, kings is by far better than any other spending of the five talent points.

So please stop posting prot specs without kings in it. Unless you are making a very specific build for a specific fight that does not yet exist in the game, any poster I see post one I shall automatically assume is a moron, who would be outwitted by a burned out toaster.

Any thoughts, disagreements, or comments?

I think a post like this, with the italics part removed would have been more appropriate.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby melange » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:38 pm

To Mishdorf: This is my tanking spec at 70: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sEhzMhZ0ebVfzZVdbtbc

I am going with SoC as my main source of dmg. Thats why I got imp stuns so I can stun and judge command for more burst. I also dont like healers so I put some points into the healing tree to heal myself when i am raiding.

I am telling you all of this cause I know you care about my opinion just as much as I care about yours :)
melange

Postby Huon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:40 pm

btw why do you say ret paladins? our holy pallies are picking it up, why would I waste my points in that ? :P
Huon

Postby Mishdorf » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Huon wrote:gtfo?

I am not taking kings and probably never will unless my raids needs me to.

You don't make a post telling off ppl on their specs.

hear that? I AM NOT TAKING KINGS IN MY SPEC EVEN AT 80.

So you are never planning on running a 5 man heroic, 10 or 25 man raid that is for your level of gear at the cutting edge of progression without a ret pally. Congratulations. You are one of the 1% of posters who can guarantee that. Since the rest of us cannot, don't post specs without kings in it and call it a "good spec".

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:41 pm

This is an excellent example of how not to post here.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Return to WotLK