Remove Advertisements

Raid Composition Thread

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby knaughty » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Amarant_Pally wrote:Our Warrior tank has a bad attitude
<snip>
He emo-logged and delayed our raid.

Do shit like that in my guild and you get a formal warning. Three = g-kick.

In the last 3 months we've kicked... 4? 5? people for having a bad attitude, and we run under 40 people in-guild.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Joanadark » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:35 pm

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=4rb ... 0000000000

this is the setup I'd reccomend.

A couple things to note when making yours:
-Holy Paladins are wonderful healers to stack. The ability to rotate pleas, BoSacs, and Divine Guardian's is amazing. Note also the multiple HoSalvs they provide.
-Boomkins are actually pretty wonderful additions to your raid. I don't see as many people taking them as they merit.
-Unholy is a superior DK dps spec to Blood. You bring Blood for things like Hysteria and other utility. Unholy is actually really rediculous AOE DPS.
-Shadow Priests are an AOE DPSer. They suck at single target. Theres benefit to bringing one, but don't stack them merely for the replenishment buff. If you want more replenishments, get Ret Paladins.
-The single most powerful DPS combination, provided you can get all the necessary buffs on the raid at the same time as including it, is stacked BM Hunters. Still.
-Survival Hunters are terrible. There is no reason whatsoever to have a survival hunter in your raids.
-7 healers is enough for any encounter currently on beta atm. Almost everything I did with 6, but that can get a little hairy at times. Managable, but requires the players to be awake. I did a 25-man Naxx once where we didn't realize we only had 6 healers until we were at 10% on Sapphrion.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Embher » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:31 pm

I just want to nail down the party buffs. I am going to list what I am hearing is party wide. Please feel free to tell me more and I'll add it to this list.

Every buff and aura is raid wide except these party-only effects:

*Spriest 's healing to party (mana is to raid) - put them in the tank group, not the mana user group

Also alot of buffs override each other now and are raid wide:
Prot warrior commanding shout vs Lock imp Health buff
Prot paladin imp dev aura (6% healing on target) vs Resto Druid

I see in alot of tank groups with no spriest and addition of resto druids, which is not necessary.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... sid=2000#0
Embher

Postby Erendis » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:13 am

Joanadark wrote:http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=4rbcihodddtkj513777nf6euo000000000000000

-Holy Paladins are wonderful healers to stack. The ability to rotate pleas, BoSacs, and Divine Guardian's is amazing. Note also the multiple HoSalvs they provide.
-Boomkins are actually pretty wonderful additions to your raid. I don't see as many people taking them as they merit.
-Unholy is a superior DK dps spec to Blood. You bring Blood for things like Hysteria and other utility. Unholy is actually really rediculous AOE DPS.
-Shadow Priests are an AOE DPSer. They suck at single target. Theres benefit to bringing one, but don't stack them merely for the replenishment buff. If you want more replenishments, get Ret Paladins.
-The single most powerful DPS combination, provided you can get all the necessary buffs on the raid at the same time as including it, is stacked BM Hunters. Still.
-Survival Hunters are terrible. There is no reason whatsoever to have a survival hunter in your raids.
-7 healers is enough for any encounter currently on beta atm. Almost everything I did with 6, but that can get a little hairy at times. Managable, but requires the players to be awake. I did a 25-man Naxx once where we didn't realize we only had 6 healers until we were at 10% on Sapphrion.

Thought I read somewhere that FI doesn't stack anymore.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby Marklevin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:38 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Selinaria wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:One of the things I got from doing this is that... Prot Warriors don't offer much to the raid. :\ Get an assassination rogue for Expose Armor, Affliction Lock for Blood Pact, and enough Paladins to give out BoM and they don't give much.

While I do agree on a certain level, getting a rogue to expose armor is a fairly significant personal dps loss. I would much rather double up on the major armor debuff with a prot warrior so my rogue can keep using his more damage oriented finishers (AKA slice & dice + Rupture if combat)

I'd disagree here. Glyphed and talented, Expose Armor costs only 15 energy and lasts 40 seconds. A small DPS loss? Maybe a little, I guess. Unless there's something I don't know about rogues, it sounds far from fairly significant.

it'll interupt assassination rogue DPS less because they can refresh Slice n Dice through envenom, thus giving them more time to do things like expose armor
Marklevin

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:47 am

Erendis wrote:
Joanadark wrote:http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=4rbcihodddtkj513777nf6euo000000000000000

It's also going to be raidwide and not stack with retri aura.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:03 am

they're still the best DPS in the game. even without stacked FI.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Erendis » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:33 am

Joanadark wrote:

Marks looks like they could put up very good DPS in WotLK if they can solve the mana issues.

But I'll agree that BM is the premier DPS spec in current live and people just don't seem to realize it.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:40 am

Erendis wrote:
Joanadark wrote:

Marks looks like they could put up very good DPS in WotLK if they can solve the mana issues.

But I'll agree that BM is the premier DPS spec in current live and people just don't seem to realize it.

It sucks keeping your pet alive on some fights, though.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Erendis » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:46 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Erendis wrote:
Joanadark wrote:

That's why I shake my head when I see BM hunters without Improved Revive Pet and Improved Mend Pet. Not as bad as the ones I see that don't take 5/5 Mortal Shots but that's another story...

Respecing you pet before raids for the right resistances helps alot too.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby Conaan! » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:53 am

Erendis wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:
Erendis wrote:
Joanadark wrote:

That's why I shake my head when I see BM hunters without Improved Revive Pet and Improved Mend Pet. Not as bad as the ones I see that don't take 5/5 Mortal Shots but that's another story...

requires money, hard enough teaching them to repair their bow before raids

and why doesnt FI stack with ret aura %increase in damage?
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Corman » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:55 am

Amarant_Pally wrote:He was pulled into the Officer vent channel. 5-minutes later, "the issue was resolved." But it wasn't the first instance of him having a bad attitude (and probably not the last); just the first time it really ever affected a raid.

Anyways, my hope is that he goes "too far" one day and the officers decide we don't need him. ;) He has a lot of "non-fans" in the guild, at least.

Back to topic: Sticking with 8 healers, the way I see it, it's either 2 Resto Shaman (bonus mana-tide, bonus Earth Shield) and 1 Holy Pala...or 1 Resto Shaman and 2 Holy Pala's (bonus Blessing/Hands). Give or take, really, and the deciding factor shouldn't be "loltoomanyBloodLusts," imo. Having an extra set of "Resto" totems wouldn't be bad in a situation where the raid has to split up, either (I doubt everyone will always be clumped up together).

and similar story is how i got my opportunity to mt, encourage your prot warriors to be emo prima donnas or ennui burnouts! ;)
Corman

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:59 am

Erendis wrote:Respecing you pet before raids for the right resistances helps alot too.

Sure, but that doesn't do much against Felmyst's unresistable aura, Archimonde's doomfires, and other unforgiving things like that.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Erendis » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:59 am

Conaan! wrote:
Erendis wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:
Erendis wrote:
Joanadark wrote:

It costs 10 silver... The issue is getting to trainer if you are called to an instance in an instant so to speak.

They are consolidating buffs so you don't see the retarded amount of stacking you see in Sunwell raids. Or so I am told. That being said they are tuning the encounters to not require so much buff stacking.

moduspwnens wrote:
Erendis wrote:Respecing you pet before raids for the right resistances helps alot too.

Sure, but that doesn't do much against Felmyst's unresistable aura, Archimonde's doomfires, and other unforgiving things like that.

You just chalk that up to bad boss for you and tell your cat you'll see him later. That and you can pray that he'll catch some chain heals... :P
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby Conaan! » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:06 am

Erendis wrote:
Conaan! wrote:
Erendis wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:
Erendis wrote:
Joanadark wrote:

It costs 10 silver... The issue is getting to trainer if you are called to an instance in an instant so to speak.

10 silver? phew, so leveling my hunter, you just about freaked me out thinking i would be respeccing not only my hunter but ALSO my pet lol
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK