Raid Composition Thread

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby earanduin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:20 pm

Are there any Party-only buffs left in the game to necessitate specific class group allocation?? Anyway, this game is kinda fun. Setup a raid with the fewest required buffs then fill the rest with whatever toon/class. My raid setup leaves 8 open spots for any class.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=efd ... 0000000000
earanduin

Postby Selinaria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:27 pm

Smallest I could get while covering all raid buffs/debuffs:

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=u4g8ds5bhoemfj00000000000000000000000000

11 slots open to fill with any healers and dps you can lay hands on (although there are still some small duration buffs like hysteria not represented)
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:29 pm

One of the things I got from doing this is that... Prot Warriors don't offer much to the raid. :\ Get an assassination rogue for Expose Armor, Affliction Lock for Blood Pact, and enough Paladins to give out BoM and they don't give much.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:30 pm

moduspwnens wrote:One of the things I got from doing this is that... Prot Warriors don't offer much to the raid. :\ Get an assassination rogue for Expose Armor, Affliction Lock for Blood Pact, and enough Paladins to give out BoM and they don't give much.

Destro Warlocks give Blood Pact nowadays. Afflocks use their Felpuppy.
Levantine

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Levantine wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:One of the things I got from doing this is that... Prot Warriors don't offer much to the raid. :\ Get an assassination rogue for Expose Armor, Affliction Lock for Blood Pact, and enough Paladins to give out BoM and they don't give much.

Destro Warlocks give Blood Pact nowadays. Afflocks use their Felpuppy.

Ahh, well OK then. I don't really follow locks. Anyway, though, that may be the way we make up for having no gimmicks. The Warrior has Spell Reflect / Fear Break / Silence Immune / Manadrain Immune / Disarm etc., and we have an extra Paladin buff for the raid, HoSalv, HoProtection, Lay on Hands, Sacred Shield, etc. It's probably a fairly even trade-off.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Selinaria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:33 pm

While I do agree on a certain level, getting a rogue to expose armor is a fairly significant personal dps loss. I would much rather double up on the major armor debuff with a prot warrior so my rogue can keep using his more damage oriented finishers (AKA slice & dice + Rupture if combat)

Just because certain classes have the ability to throw up a buff/debuff doesn't make them the best for the role at least from a 25 man perspective. 10 mans, the rogue better damn well keep up EA if he wants his spot in a raid without a warrior.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:35 pm

Selinaria wrote:

While I do agree on a certain level, getting a rogue to expose armor is a fairly significant personal dps loss. I would much rather double up on the major armor debuff with a prot warrior so my rogue can keep using his more damage oriented finishers (AKA slice & dice + Rupture if combat)

I'd disagree here. Glyphed and talented, Expose Armor costs only 15 energy and lasts 40 seconds. A small DPS loss? Maybe a little, I guess. Unless there's something I don't know about rogues, it sounds far from fairly significant.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Selinaria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:37 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Selinaria wrote:

I'd disagree here. Glyphed and talented, Expose Armor costs only 15 energy and lasts 40 seconds. A small DPS loss? Maybe a little, I guess.

Even so, of more importance is the 5 combo points that it took to get EA up. I'm not saying it's huge, but it's there.
Selinaria

Postby agamemnoch » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:37 pm

Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby Amarant_Pally » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:46 am

Selinaria wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:
Selinaria wrote:

I'd disagree here. Glyphed and talented, Expose Armor costs only 15 energy and lasts 40 seconds. A small DPS loss? Maybe a little, I guess.

Even so, of more importance is the 5 combo points that it took to get EA up. I'm not saying it's huge, but it's there.

If we're not min-max'ing enough to say that "Warrior's are still the best tanks," then we're not min-max'ing enough to where a Rogue's "personal DPS loss" is so great that he can't keep up Imp. Expose Armor. ;)

Plus there's that Acid Spit thingy Hunter's get from pets.

Our Warrior tank has a bad attitude and recently yelled at people over vent for things that weren't in their control (in addition to the various other times he's done this). He emo-logged and delayed our raid, and pissed of a lot of people. I hope the f*cker gets booted come XPac, and we should be able to move on w/o having to recruit another Warrior.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:55 am

Someone doing that would have got at least warned by officers in any guild which is not composed by exactly 25 people.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amarant_Pally » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:02 am

He was pulled into the Officer vent channel. 5-minutes later, "the issue was resolved." But it wasn't the first instance of him having a bad attitude (and probably not the last); just the first time it really ever affected a raid.

Anyways, my hope is that he goes "too far" one day and the officers decide we don't need him. ;) He has a lot of "non-fans" in the guild, at least.

Back to topic: Sticking with 8 healers, the way I see it, it's either 2 Resto Shaman (bonus mana-tide, bonus Earth Shield) and 1 Holy Pala...or 1 Resto Shaman and 2 Holy Pala's (bonus Blessing/Hands). Give or take, really, and the deciding factor shouldn't be "loltoomanyBloodLusts," imo. Having an extra set of "Resto" totems wouldn't be bad in a situation where the raid has to split up, either (I doubt everyone will always be clumped up together).
Amarant_Pally

Postby Mica » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:50 pm

Personally I'm going to go with 5 main healers and stack hybrid classes that are willing to offheal in situations that require more healing.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=1eu ... 0000000000
Mica

Postby Conaan! » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:01 pm

Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Equitas » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Worldie wrote:Our raids will probably look like the following

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=eeu ... 0000000000

That's our distribution of classes. And yes, we're going with 2 prot paladins.

Thats nice oO
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK