Postby Maihes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:43 pm

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=2e5 ... 0000000000

3 Tanks
6 Healers
11 Ranged DPS
5 Melee DPS
4 Replenishment Buffers
3 Bloodlust/Heroism

But unless I missed something and Frost Mage / Frost DK working together got nerfed. One over kill on a BL, but 2 Earth Shields are always nice.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bare Bones....

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=e50 ... 0000000000

2 Tanks
3 Healers
5 Ranged DPS
2 Melee DPS
3 Replenishment Buffers
3 Bloodlust/Heroism

11 Spots, Add 2-3 more healers, an off tank, and sprinkle in DPS as you see fit. Hunter using spitter for sunder, or bring along a Prot or DPS warrior. MS War would also supply Physical Vuln and Healing Debuff.
Maihes

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:46 pm

Isn't Vampiric whatever raidwide now? Or was that a temporary thing? Or did I make that up?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Selinaria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:53 pm

Maihes wrote:But unless I missed something and Frost Mage / Frost DK working together got nerfed.

Yea the synergy they had is no longer in play but one good thing about frost DKs currently is their 80 resist aura stacks with other resist buffs (intended????????) so getting 210 of a given resist* before even accounting for gear is win.

*with proper buffs of course, resist totems, auras, etc.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Erendis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:53 pm

Anyone looking at 10 man setups? It's harder to get as many buffs and seems like there would be more tradeoffs. I was playing around and came up with this:

Thoughts on a 10 man setup
Last edited by Erendis on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Isn't Vampiric whatever raidwide now? Or was that a temporary thing? Or did I make that up?

Vampiric Embrace (the one that heals) is party only I believe. Vampiric Touch (the one that gives replenishment/mana) is raid wide.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:00 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:I dunno I think yours is pretty good

I'd say the resto/resto/resto/resto fourfecta can be distributed differently but that's neither here nor there

Well I only distributed them that way because I thought Bloodlust affected only party. Just about everything affects the raid, though, so :P where should they be?

What I meant was; you could take healers other than 2xDruid and 2xShaman
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Rorshach » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:10 pm

Erendis wrote:Anyone looking at 10 man setups? It's harder to get as many buffs and seems like there would be more tradeoffs. I was playing around and came up with this:

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=5ef ... 0000000000
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:12 pm

I can buff that raid in 8 notes! I mean slots!

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=n5f ... 0000000000

Needs a 2nd healer, of course. Throw in a holy paladin and a destro lock (the ones who use imps now) (and swap the arcane mage to frost... mages have a lot of unique things they bring to the table! 10% spell crit seems like a rather big deal) and you can really cover everything pretty easily.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=n5f ... 0000000000
Last edited by Rasmfrackn on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Rorshach » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:16 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Yes, but a Disc Priest offers Imp DS, Power Infusion, and Pain Suppression. I think having one is probably a good choice, right?

Flametongue is raid-wide (144 SP) so Imp.DS is a waste of points because it would only equal 80 SP and regular DS stacks with Flametongue.
Rorshach

Postby Rorshach » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:20 pm

I may be confused but is it generally accepted that you only need 1 tank in a 10-man?

When you need a second tank it will be a tanking class OTing from a different spec (ret pally with tank gear on), or will they be tank spec and OTing a different role (tankadin wearing holy gear)?
Rorshach

Postby majiben » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:24 pm

Rorshach wrote:I may be confused but is it generally accepted that you only need 1 tank in a 10-man?

When you need a second tank it will be a tanking class OTing from a different spec (ret pally with tank gear on), or will they be tank spec and OTing a different role (tankadin wearing holy gear)?

For naxx at least 2 full time tanks seem to be the way to go.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Erendis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:26 pm

Rorshach wrote:
Erendis wrote:Anyone looking at 10 man setups? It's harder to get as many buffs and seems like there would be more tradeoffs. I was playing around and came up with this:

Is frost raid viable now? I was toying with swapping BM for Marks but decided the extra 3% dmg was worth more than the 10% extra AP.

EDIT: It seems that FI is NOT raid wide and does not stack with the Ret Pallys ability. Thought it was.
Last edited by Erendis on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby Erendis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:30 pm

Rorshach wrote:I may be confused but is it generally accepted that you only need 1 tank in a 10-man?

My makeup has two tanks. Prot Pally+ Feral Druid
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby blish » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:28 pm

I seem to not be able to to use the raidcomp tool atm, is there something wrong with it, I something I need to do to enable it to allow me to make selections.
blish

Postby Sober » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Erendis wrote:
Rorshach wrote:

Is frost raid viable now? I was toying with swapping BM for Marks but decided the extra 3% dmg was worth more than the 10% extra AP.

EDIT: It seems that FI is NOT raid wide and does not stack with the Ret Pallys ability. Thought it was.

Improved WE is on a seperate raidwide mana battery (0.6%mp5), extra crit from Winter's Chill, and the fact they don't oom as fast as either spec from what I've tried on the PTR, probably. Wish I was in the beta but no idea if we'll see FFB builds added to the raidcomp tool or if frost mages even spam FB to the end of days. Definately needed CoE on Rage because even my FBs were being partial resisted maybe 50% dmg (aint it fun to see 900 dmg/900 resisted frostbolts).

Fire mages, I have to try to build that ditches IV (the entire frost tree and free spellhit to begin with) for Clearcasting (10/51/0 or something) and see how mana efficiency goes but if Hot Streak procs alot and you fire it, well, there goes your mana (insta-cast pyros at full mana).

Arcane is a toss up because I didn't regem my mage for INT/SPI gems to get it to work as such and focus magic is somewhat weak vs Winter's Chill/Imp. Scorch (1 person and you get the crit vs the raid)
Sober

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK