Remove Advertisements

Raid Composition Thread

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Raid Composition Thread

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:19 pm

I haven't seen it yet, so now that we have the MMO-Champion tool, I figured I'd start this thread.

Here is the best 25 man raid composition:
http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=3ed ... 0000000000

I didn't put anyone in specific groups because I'm not sure which buffs are class-specific. Let me know if someone should be in a different group.

and if you disagree with me, post below with yours and why.

EDIT: Bloodlust affects the whole raid.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:22 pm

bloodlust affects the whole raid though
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:23 pm

Sabindeus wrote:bloodlust affects the whole raid though

Really? Crap it does. Alright, it's not necessarily perfect then. Y'all post up yours.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Selinaria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Overall I agree with what you posted Modus, but way too many shammies, you will have massive overkill on raidwide totems. And at most you need 2 shammies for extended bossfights for the purpose of bloodlust. Probably hack down the number of resto shammies for other healers or replace one of the dps shammies with another mage, a boomkin or another dps warrior.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:26 pm

I dunno I think yours is pretty good

I'd say the resto/resto/resto/resto fourfecta can be distributed differently but that's neither here nor there
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Selinaria wrote:Overall I agree with what you posted Modus, but way too many shammies, you will have massive overkill on raidwide totems. And at most you need 2 shammies for extended bossfights for the purpose of bloodlust. Probably hack down the number of resto shammies for other healers or replace one of the dps shammies with another mage, a boomkin or another dps warrior.

Well I'm not sure what it should be. I know I want at least one disc priest, at least one resto druid, and at least two resto shamans. I also want at least one holy priest. And a Holy Paladin. So I guess that leaves two spots open for healers, and I don't think any offer much more to the raid, right?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Selinaria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Oh and also if things stay as they are without major buffs or changes, discipline is just a crappy healing spec from what I hear so likely either change that to holy or something else healer wise entirely. Only difference between holy and discipline is the spirit buff but warlocks can provide that if really necessary.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Knatniam » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:29 pm

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=edu ... 0000000000

This is the setup I was messing with!
And yeah, we ALWAYS run healer-light. . so that's normal for me.
Last edited by Knatniam on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knatniam - Dark - Proudmoore
Knatniam

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:29 pm

Sabindeus wrote:I dunno I think yours is pretty good

I'd say the resto/resto/resto/resto fourfecta can be distributed differently but that's neither here nor there

Well I only distributed them that way because I thought Bloodlust affected only party. Just about everything affects the raid, though, so :P where should they be?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Selinaria wrote:Oh and also if things stay as they are without major buffs or changes, discipline is just a crappy healing spec from what I hear so likely either change that to holy or something else healer wise entirely. Only difference between holy and discipline is the spirit buff but warlocks can provide that if really necessary.

Yes, but a Disc Priest offers Imp DS, Power Infusion, and Pain Suppression. I think having one is probably a good choice, right?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Knatniam » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:31 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Selinaria wrote:Oh and also if things stay as they are without major buffs or changes, discipline is just a crappy healing spec from what I hear so likely either change that to holy or something else healer wise entirely. Only difference between holy and discipline is the spirit buff but warlocks can provide that if really necessary.

Yes, but a Disc Priest offers Imp DS, Power Infusion, and Pain Suppression. I think having one is probably a good choice, right?

Yes, I will always have a disc priest. Simply for the above reasons, and the pre-emptive shielding they provide is just wonderful for boss encounters.
Knatniam - Dark - Proudmoore
Knatniam

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Our raids will probably look like the following

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=eeu ... 0000000000

That's our distribution of classes. And yes, we're going with 2 prot paladins.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Selinaria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:33 pm

Here's mine (although I don't have anything really grouped within individual groups logically, most everything is raid wide now anyways)

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=248 ... 0000000000

And yea I don't have anything against discipline, they do bring some good buffs.
Selinaria

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:36 pm

Why are the spriest(s) not in the tank group? :P
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Selinaria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Jensaarai wrote:Why are the spriest(s) not in the tank group? :P

The flaw in my logic is revealed damnit!

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=h48 ... 0000000000

fixed...

Edit again: really fixed..., gotta have the blood specced DK for extra raid healing and to give the rogues hysteria.
Selinaria

Next

Return to WotLK