Drape of the Righteous in WoW 3.0

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Drape of the Righteous in WoW 3.0

Postby sherck » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:14 am

Right now, this random Kara drop only effects Holy damaging spells with a + 43 Holy Spell Damage bonus.

Under WoW 3.0, it now says + 43 Holy Spell Power.

Think it wil effect healing under WoW 3.0? I say this because my other cloak is the Bishop's Cloak which will deliver only 25 Spell Power under WoW 3.0.

Just trying to mix and match my gear for the new realities of WoW 3.0 and it will be somewhat ironic if the cloak I was using for my spell damage set (Drape) will become my healing cloak and the cloak I was using for my healing set (Bishop) becomes my combat cloak due to its Stamina boost.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Korbah » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:28 am

On wowhead, someone says that they tested it and that it does not affect healing.
Korbah

Postby sherck » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:43 am

Korbah wrote:On wowhead, someone says that they tested it and that it does not affect healing.

Thanks for the response. I though it would be a bit OP to have it effect healing. It would instantly become by far the best healing cloak in the game for many, many ilevels above it.

I will wait until WoW 3.0 to check it out but it appears that the Bishop's Cloak will become my cloak for both healing and combat.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Gothyelk_ » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:35 pm

How can they create a stat called Spell Power that effects both spell damage and healing and then turn around and make an item with Spell Power that excludes any benefit to healing? It is illogical.

Are players supposed to test every single Spell Power item to make sure it effects both as promised?
Gothyelk_

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Gothyelk_ -
In the past, there has always been "Spell damage and healing", and there has always been "damage from _____ spells and effects". They've just changed the wording of the latter to "_____ spell power". Yeah, it's a little ambiguous (in rare cases like this with Holy spellpower), but nothing to get upset about.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby steadypal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:15 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Gothyelk_ -
In the past, there has always been "Spell damage and healing", and there has always been "damage from _____ spells and effects". They've just changed the wording of the latter to "_____ spell power". Yeah, it's a little ambiguous (in rare cases like this with Holy spellpower), but nothing to get upset about.

are the tailoring items getting changed, the fsw set, the spellfire set?

those are frost/shadow, and fire/arcane....

i was about to say woot my spriest will be able to use those for healing to :P so check into this, i havent seen a link to the fsw and spellfire that says increases frost and shadow spellpower or w/e..
steadypal

Postby Raugmoss » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 pm

It does still only increase Holy Damage on the PTR, though I'm wondering if it's an oversight that it hasn't been changed yet. Currently I don't think there are any other items above lvl 61 that have any school-specific spell power. Most, like Hellfire-Encased Pendant and Frozen Shadoweave, have had their spell power generalized and reduced slightly.
Raugmoss

Postby Keion » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:40 am

It was the first thing I tested and reported as bug as I got to PTR. Either the effect or the description must be changed.
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby trellian » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:43 am

It's dibious as Wizard Oil is stated to effect spell damage, while in practise it also works on healing.
trellian

Postby sherck » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:12 am

trellian wrote:It's dibious as Wizard Oil is stated to effect spell damage, while in practise it also works on healing.

Yeah, with some of the new changes to consumables, my Spell Power is going to get quite a boost when soloing....

I use Elixir of Healing Power (+50 Healing) and Golden Fish Sticks (+44 Healing) along with Superior Wizard's Oil when raiding under WoW 2.x.

Now, the Elixir of Healing Power becomes + 24 Spell Power and the Golden Fish Sticks become + 23 Spell Power along with the unchanged + 42 Spell Power for the Superior Wizard's Oil.

That extra + 47 SP will be very useful to me when soloing and questing now rather than just being useful when healing.

Also, when my 2 stacks of Elixir of Healing Power runs out, I will be switching over to Adept's Elixir because it will deliver the same + 24 SP but then also add in + 24 Crit rating.

Heck, my unbuffed SP will be around 870 and my consumables will deliver +89 for a 10% increase.

I cannot wait to see what will be avaiable in early WoTLK to increase this.

Sigh.....to becoming addicted to consumables. I never really worried about them before Kara but now.....cannot live without them.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby mconeone » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:45 am

Well http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=32589 is very nice for healing.
mconeone

Return to WotLK