Does Vindication work in WoTLK now ?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Does Vindication work in WoTLK now ?

Postby Shadowhamer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:24 am

like the title says, does this now work on mobs in the 10 man's and 25 man's ? Or even perhaps a boss ?

Someone in beta should mention that this would go a LOOOOOOOONG way in mitigation. Would also bring a nice different way of doing our job in wrath with a talent that is easy to get to for prot.
Evil does not fight fair, so nor do I

For he who dares !
Shadowhamer

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:25 am

Works on (part of) trashs, all bosses are immune.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Thanehand » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:28 am

Vindication? -x% from stats debuff?

Mobs don't have stats, per se

they have Attack Power, Health pool (i think, could be wrong) and Mana Pool.

No Str, Agi, Stm, Int, or Spr.

So, unless I'm wrong, whats the point?
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 am

Mobs do have Stamina, that's sure, since Vindication cuts a good portion of their HP.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shadowhamer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 am

Thanks worldie. Has nobody in beta mention to the powers that be, that this would be a great mitigation tool for us ? Even based on the proc system, it would be a very nice tanking tool ?

20% for 15 secs is a nice boost, and when I have used this, it can stay up on the target easily. Falls right in line with our other skills imo.

For he who dares !
Shadowhamer

Postby Shadowhamer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:31 am

Thanehand wrote:Vindication? -x% from stats debuff?

Even a cut on on hits, if it could be made to work that way in pve would be nice. And since it does work on some mobs, and not others, that does mean that it is affecting something on the table, otherwise it would not come up correct ?

For he who dares !
Shadowhamer

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:32 am

The difference in melee damage is not noticeable.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dianora » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:36 am

Thanehand wrote:Vindication? -x% from stats debuff?

As near as I can tell, Vindication is always a PVP oriented spec.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Return to WotLK