Starting tanking stats for Naxx 10

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Amarant_Pally » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:10 am

At least being uncrittable before Nax10 doesn't seem like the headache it was getting uncrushable before Kara (pre 2.3 patch). /shudder
Amarant_Pally

Postby Origon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:20 am

It doesn't seem too bad with the high number of defense pieces, but you pretty much need to make sure every single piece of armor has +def, as well as enchants and a trinket / ring for +def as well. Problems will start to show when you start getting drop gear with +dodge / +parry that you cant sub in because it'll make you crittable until you get piece 'xyz' simular to how it was maintaining uncrush for T4 starting tanks (pre-2.3/2.4 badge gear)
Origon

Postby Dimwit » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:29 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:with all the crafted and reputation gear available, i don't see why you;d do that.

Like, you could spend time grinding honor

Oooor

You could grind Wyrmrest Rep and be better off.

Well you can have 75k honor before wrath ever ships, so if you are short on def, I could see rounding it out with a piece of high stamina/resilience gear until you can get some better stuff.

Honor/Badge Reset! All honor and badges for BG's are going bye bye.
Dimwit

Postby Corman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:29 am

So I'm going to presume I'm going to have to chuck T6 gear well before 80 then despite them saying it should be good up until T7? It just doesn't seem like there's anywhere near enough def on it to support hitting 80...
Corman

Postby Origon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:01 am

Some pieces are fine for def. I believe there is a post on tankspot that lists warriors being able to keep 1/2 pieces of T6 for naxx due to decent defense, not 100% sure how it compares to our T6 though, have not checked
Origon

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:23 am

Dimwit wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:with all the crafted and reputation gear available, i don't see why you;d do that.

Like, you could spend time grinding honor

Oooor

You could grind Wyrmrest Rep and be better off.

Well you can have 75k honor before wrath ever ships, so if you are short on def, I could see rounding it out with a piece of high stamina/resilience gear until you can get some better stuff.

Honor/Badge Reset! All honor and badges for BG's are going bye bye.

Nope, blizzard said they decided you keep both honor and badges.

Too much QQ from cazualz
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dimwit » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Worldie wrote:Too much QQ from cazualz

Yeah figures, Blizzard always gives in to the PVPers who QQ. The fact is they will get an instant leg up when they hit 80 and that's what Blizz was trying to prevent.
Dimwit

Postby Doloth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:48 pm

Just for kicks I decided to throw on all my defense gear, including two defense trinkets (Shadowmoon insignia and Scarab of Displacement), and I was able to get 544 defense rating (nearly 600 defense), which was kinda fun. But it does show that getting an extra 150 should not be an issue in 10 levels, especially considering the extra defense from the levels themselves.
Doloth

Postby Mavrix » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:56 pm

Dimwit wrote:

Yeah figures, Blizzard always gives in to the PVPers who QQ. The fact is they will get an instant leg up when they hit 80 and that's what Blizz was trying to prevent.

They'll prevent it in another way, I suspect.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Mavrix » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:59 pm

Doloth wrote:Just for kicks I decided to throw on all my defense gear, including two defense trinkets (Shadowmoon insignia and Scarab of Displacement), and I was able to get 544 defense rating (nearly 600 defense), which was kinda fun. But it does show that getting an extra 150 should not be an issue in 10 levels, especially considering the extra defense from the levels themselves.

It's 50 def from the additional 10 levels still, correct?
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Sinadil » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:35 am

Do we not get a rare dungeon set like the Righteous Armor set in TBC?
Sinadil

Postby Barathorn » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:24 am

Mavrix wrote:
Dimwit wrote:

They'll prevent it in another way, I suspect.

They have, honor will only get you the 'basic' PvP set, you will need arena rating and arena points to get higher sets. They wont get an instant 'leg up' because the honor required to get items is 'significantly' more than it was in TBC according to the blue post.

Honestly, does it matter? The expansion hasn't even been released and people are already developing grudges against ANYONE who they think might have a slight advantage. All the QQ actually makes me think this is starting to be the official forums :(

I for one am looking forward to the expansion and PvP at level 80.

Sorry if this sounds negative, but the QQ, can we just stop it please?

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Ephod » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:37 am

I imagine being able to wield a real tanking weapon would make being uncrittable even easier?
Ephod

Postby Chevalier » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:25 am

I would suggest being uncrittable before doing Naxx 10, I was one-shot from Faerlina with a 22k crit, uncrittable shouldn't be that hard on live with all the defense enchants available.
Chevalier

Previous

Return to WotLK