Remove Advertisements

Starting tanking stats for Naxx 10

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Starting tanking stats for Naxx 10

Postby Airenis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:57 am

Hi guys, sorry if this was posted earlier, but what will be the starting stats for us to tank Naxx 10. Just wondering how well you do with which stats.

thanks

Airenis
Someone must die... and it wont be me!!!
Airenis

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:58 am

Uncrittable.

Seriously, that's all you need.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:02 am

You can totally do it while crittable, it'll just be a little harder on some bosses like Patchwerk and Maexxna.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Joacimcans » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:24 am

So since i havent seen it anywhere i am going to assume uncritable is reached at 540Defense 490 + (5*10)= 540

My question is since we no longer have anticipation and i know +defense rating scales down as you level how much +defense rating is required at level 80 to reach uncritable?
Joacimcans

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:30 am

Joacimcans wrote:So since i havent seen it anywhere i am going to assume uncritable is reached at 540Defense 490 + (5*10)= 540

My question is since we no longer have anticipation and i know +defense rating scales down as you level how much +defense rating is required at level 80 to reach uncritable?

a lot.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Andox » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:01 am

I think it was 689 rating, I need confirm on this.
Andox

Postby Somrael » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:47 am

With our new look, would tanking in PvP gear be feasible? If it really just takes being uncrittable, why not slide some Resilience in? Might be easier to cobble together a set that way and get better gear once one is raiding; I've seen it work for plenty of warriors in BC.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato
Somrael

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:49 am

with all the crafted and reputation gear available, i don't see why you;d do that.

Like, you could spend time grinding honor

Oooor

You could grind Wyrmrest Rep and be better off.
Sabindeus

Postby Galoheart » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:40 pm

You need like 690 Defense Rating to get at 540 Defense.

At 80 I reached that without a whole lot of effort but did give it some thought and effort all the same. It didn't just magically happen. Between some the BS crafted Saronite/Daunting gear and having all quest blues from all the other 80 instances which didn't take much but some fun I was over 540 Defense. As well Wyrmrest Accord Honored which you can reach easily via quest helps quite a bit also. So is Argent Crusade Reps which don't take all that long to get quite a bit via fun quests and wearing the Tabard in 80 instances. Both of those Factions have some very good Plate reward gear at that level.

The extra difference was that I enchanted all my gear pieces like a good tank does and I had over 540+ Defense. Was only at 21K when I reached that. Good Defense Trinkets helps as well for all the needed Defense. All my gear was Blue with the only real Epic being the BS crafted Titansteel Shield Wall.
Last edited by Galoheart on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galoheart

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:11 pm

Personally i got to 540 with just craftables and some gear from heroics / lvl 80 normals... it's less hard than it seemb. Just you can't get at 80 and magically be able to tank Naxx.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:53 pm

Just as Kara was doable while crushable, Naxx10 will be doable while crittable. You don't even need 80 instance gear, just a full complement of blacksmithing stuff will get you pretty close.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Selinaria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:01 pm

Psiven and Worldie are correct.

Just grab a somewhat decent set of high level crafted and instanced blues and go to town. You may get the rare unlikely crit death on certain bosses but beyond that it won't be an issue.

Beyond that it really isn't hard to get to the crit cap, but it isn't mind numbingly easy anymore either. Just proper choice of gems and enchants to cover the gap.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Sabreyn » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:23 am

Just out of curiosity, what do you need for entry-level Naxx25 tanking?
Sabreyn

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:32 am

Sabindeus wrote:with all the crafted and reputation gear available, i don't see why you;d do that.

Like, you could spend time grinding honor

Oooor

You could grind Wyrmrest Rep and be better off.

Well you can have 75k honor before wrath ever ships, so if you are short on def, I could see rounding it out with a piece of high stamina/resilience gear until you can get some better stuff.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Zumor » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:58 am

getting uncrittable is a bit more work now in WotLK, but whats even harder is staying uncrittable,
the BS-Stuff has high defratings (the chest of wyrmrest rep as well), the epics in Naxx10 have less defrating but more avoidance and stamina/str, if you exchange that you can go below 540def, you need to compensate that with enchants/gems changes.
one or two good defrating trinkets (still hard to get...) help alot now until your gear is exchanged to "normal" tankgear (BS Stuff = Extrem Defrating pushed Items)
Zumor

Next

Return to WotLK