Remove Advertisements

Question concerning Haste and formula coefficients

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Question concerning Haste and formula coefficients

Postby sherck » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:16 am

Tankadins,

I have never had haste gear before so I am a bit unfamiliar with the mechanics.

Under WoW 3.0, I will be gaining a 15% haste effect after throwing out a Judgement (due to Holy talents) that will now be my opening move when soloing / questing.

So, for my Continuum Blade (which is both my combat and healing weapon come WoW 3.0. Healing with a sword? Go figure.) which has a 1.80 sec swing speed, this would translate it into a 1.53 sec hasted swing speed.

I believe that the formula for Seal of Righteousness under WoW 3.0 is:

0.1 * Weapon Speed * Spell Power

Does the weapon speed in the formula use the base weapon speed or the hasted weapon speed?

Is the 0.1 factor still correct? If it is, it sort of sucks. With around 760 Spell Damage on Live, with the effects of Judgement of the Crusader, my Seal of Rightousness hits deal around 205 Holy damage per swing.

Under the new calcuations with my 957 Spell Power, I would only be doing 172 Holy damage per swing (assuming that the original 1.8 is used in the formula calcuation).

Sigh....I will kill even slower than I do now...which is sad.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:21 am

It still adds attack power too, which you should have a few hundred, the damage doesn't deviate much. I'm not sure if haste is accounted for SoR damage. My SoR damage doesn't go down with bloodlust.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby sherck » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:26 am

Snake-Aes wrote:It still adds attack power too, which you should have a few hundred, the damage doesn't deviate much. I'm not sure if haste is accounted for SoR damage. My SoR damage doesn't go down with bloodlust.

LoL....barely. My gear has zero Strength on it so with my base level 70 Blood Elf = 124 strength, that equals 248 AP.

I guess that would end up adding some damage....I was just hoping that since my Spell Power number jumped by about 25% over my Spell Damage number from live, that my damage would also scale up.

I keep hearing about how much increased damage Prot and Ret do under WoW 3.0 and with the exception of a better Holy Shock, I just am not seeing much of a damage increase AT ALL for Holy.

Unless the intention is that almost all my increased DPS comes from Ret Aura. I guess that is a good source but I will need to be switching out if to self-heal with Concentration so....sigh....

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Legionp » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:40 am

1) prot gear is being changed to have strength rather than spell damage.

2) coefficients have changed on all of our spells to including both SP and Str, so I'm not sure what the net change is over all.
Legionp

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:41 am

Legionp wrote:1) prot gear is being changed to have strength rather than spell damage.

2) coefficients have changed on all of our spells to including both SP and Str, so I'm not sure what the net change is over all.
He's talking about holy.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to WotLK