Free XP in wotlk?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:50 am

The ogri'la bombing run gives 13k just like you'd expect.

25 x 13k = 325k xp. Barring run time, it's probably well worth it. Starting northrend quests are worth 20k to outland quests' 13k. It's less, but it doesn't hurt to drop off 20% of level 70 in half an hour before you head to northrend...

I'd probably do all of IQD, and netherwing... portal to IQD, turn everything in, use the scroll to get back, turn in all the SSO dailies from shatt, fly to SMV, turn in the netherwings, hearth back, portal to SW and head out with a cool 300k xp.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Belloc » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:53 am

dmok wrote:
steadypal wrote:well we can grind up 25 dailies worth of quests and then turn them all in once we install the xpac correct?

Pretty sure dailies don't reward XP at all.

If a quest rewards gold, it will almost definitely reward XP.

Having turned in Isle daily quests on the beta server, I can say that they do, in fact, reward XP.
Belloc

Postby unboundarea52 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:25 pm

Since they do in fact reward xp, and are all amazingly close together, especially just the isle quests that can be completed on the Isle, I have to wonder.... would it be beneficial to complete those quests every day?

I know I can finish them all in under 45 mins, barring horrific drop rates. Thats what? 11 quests? Lets make the assumption they all reward 13k xp which leaves us with ~140k xp? All in under 45 mins? Possibly less if you group up and do them all. This also doesn't take into account the xp from mobs you kill, and while I am certain they won't reward anywhere near the amount Northrend mobs, it's still not insignificant.

I can't speak from experience here, I have no idea how convenient the quests hubs are in Northrend, and honestly from and "fun" standpoint this wouldn't be that much of it.

Just a thought.
Unbound - Area 52
Prot Pally
unboundarea52

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 pm

They're redoing the XP scale for 60-70 at the same time aren't they?

So if it's anything like the retuning of 20-60 the high level Azeroth quests give XP on par with beginning Outland quests.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby majiben » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:12 pm

the heroic and regular dungeon dailies would be a good chunk of experience.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby EvilNuff » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:26 pm

unboundarea52 wrote:Since they do in fact reward xp, and are all amazingly close together, especially just the isle quests that can be completed on the Isle, I have to wonder.... would it be beneficial to complete those quests every day?

Thought about it but on beta at 70 they give around half the xp on average of Northrend quests. Its slower to xp on them travelling back and forth every day than just staying in Northrend and questing there.
EvilNuff

Postby ryan4nayr » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:19 pm

If we're running by that 325k xp for 25 TBC quests, that's 21ish% of 1523800 xp needed to reach level 71 in beta. It's not a bad way to supplement the Northrend quests, not to replace them. Missing all the ancillary things that come with questing (cool loot, faction rep, profession mats, better gold) isn't a great idea.

From what I've played in beta, the quest hubs in Borean Tundra are fairly convenient with the few Tuskarr questgivers dotting the map making it worth your time to run around far from the hubs (1 reward in particular beat my Sonic Spear as my fake ret 2H'er).
ryan4nayr

Postby Knatniam » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:26 pm

Yeah the Borean Tundra quests are incredibly well placed for sure. It really isn't worth the time to continually travel to Outlands for questing. I'm not even going to bother saving up the dailies because leveling is just so fast following the Northrend quest chains.
Knatniam - Dark - Proudmoore
Knatniam

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:06 pm

ryan4nayr wrote:If we're running by that 325k xp for 25 TBC quests, that's 21ish% of 1523800 xp needed to reach level 71 in beta. It's not a bad way to supplement the Northrend quests, not to replace them. Missing all the ancillary things that come with questing (cool loot, faction rep, profession mats, better gold) isn't a great idea.

From what I've played in beta, the quest hubs in Borean Tundra are fairly convenient with the few Tuskarr questgivers dotting the map making it worth your time to run around far from the hubs (1 reward in particular beat my Sonic Spear as my fake ret 2H'er).

Agreed. It's a head-start by letting you put in some quest time before the expansion hits. It's certainly not time- or cost-effective to be running back to old content every day to re-do the dailies.

I really liked BT (only zone I've really done thoroughly for quests), and most of the quest hubs are pleasantly localized. The only one that wasn't was the long story chain that sends you through the zone, but the http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=38237 at the end was worth it. :) I traded in my Gorehowl for it.

-- Oh, and the stupid kirin tor guy making me run around to take fissure readings. That was kinda lame.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Zumor » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:17 am

I dont like borean Tundra, Fjord was much more fun (ok, you dont get to drive that cool tank at the start of Tundra when you start in fjord, but hey, you can ride a kayak and turtle and capture ships, kill a giant with a cannon, ride a dragon, control suicide bomber scourge or make a lovestory between animals xD)
and the questhubs are well placed, when you leave your first town in fjord you get to a little warzone, the guys there send you to 2 new towns, you can choose what to visit first but never get the feeling of being lost in the wild and no quests.
The Idea with saving up dailys and then turn them is nice, but dont waste time on it, make all dailys on the isle and start WotLK there, turn them in, jump to shatt, to UC and go Fjord, the easiest quests in fjord already give you more exp than dailys and if you want to leave the zone as fast as possible to let the mass of people behind to quest alone you need to be in fjord fast and get to dragonblight fast

for speed I would suggest: Do the intro quests at the landing point in Fjord, leave with the elevator, do the combatzone quests there, go to the forsaken outpost, quest there, visit tunka, quest them, grab ship to dragonblight. you should be around 71,5 by then.

being alone or with one friend and quest fast is a good way to see many things but stay out of masscrowds, I did that in BC with a shaman and me as mage and we were around 6th and 7th lvl 70 on the server but saw everything important while questing, only 5man quests got left out.
(did minimum in Hellfire and left for Zanga fast and got ahead of all people, I wasnt in beta, I didnt know about everything, but worked out)
Zumor

Postby honorshammer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:47 am

"The Battle Must Continue" yeilded 9k XP when I did it on Beta.
honorshammer

Postby kurros » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:16 am

Knatniam wrote:Yeah the Borean Tundra quests are incredibly well placed for sure. It really isn't worth the time to continually travel to Outlands for questing. I'm not even going to bother saving up the dailies because leveling is just so fast following the Northrend quest chains.

It'll depend on stability. When BC was released, for the first day outlands crashed probably once an hour, and when it wasn't crashing it was extreamly laggy and slow- at least on emerald dream. Hopefully blizzard won't have the same problems with wrath, but if northrend feels unstable at all to me I'll be heading back to outland to level for the first day or so.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Rasmfrackn » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:23 am

kurros wrote:
Knatniam wrote:Yeah the Borean Tundra quests are incredibly well placed for sure. It really isn't worth the time to continually travel to Outlands for questing. I'm not even going to bother saving up the dailies because leveling is just so fast following the Northrend quest chains.

It'll depend on stability. When BC was released, for the first day outlands crashed probably once an hour, and when it wasn't crashing it was extreamly laggy and slow- at least on emerald dream. Hopefully blizzard won't have the same problems with wrath, but if northrend feels unstable at all to me I'll be heading back to outland to level for the first day or so.

Yeah... exactly. Just in case the instance server ends up more stable, my plan is to hit up the Nexus and Utgarde chains right away, and then I'll have instancing as another option when the world server is on the fritz.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Re: Free XP in wotlk?

Postby kurros » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:32 am

Merodyn wrote:Thought what if u complete quests that requires u to find something, like heart of/head of/collect xx amount etc. And then abond them and retake them at the start of wotlk. Would that work?

Your spelling makes it hard to understand, but I think you are saying you want to pick up some collection quests, collect all the quest items, and then drop the quests.

That won't be useful, because when you drop a quest all the quest items you collected are destroyed automagically.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Previous

Return to WotLK