Free XP in wotlk?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Free XP in wotlk?

Postby Merodyn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:03 am

Currently levling a paladin and a druid up again with the recruit a friend bonus, they are 63 atm(quitted wow a while ago and have to redo it now)

Anyway, i read that it wasnt possible to stack up on completed quests and then leave em in at start of wotlk for exp here on the forums. Thought what if u complete quests that requires u to find something, like heart of/head of/collect xx amount etc. And then abond them and retake them at the start of wotlk. Would that work?
ImageImage
Merodyn

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:04 am

The Quest that made you ding 70 will have the exp difference covered once levels are unlocked. Any quest completed after you hit 70 gives no xp. Any quest you complete as soon as levels are unlocked will give you xp as normal.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:08 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Any quest you complete as soon as levels are unlocked will give you xp as normal.

As a caveat though, the XP jump from 70-71 is much larger than the jump from 69-70 to prevent this kind of thing. Even if you do turn in 25 level 70 quests after WotLK's launched, it'll only give you as much XP as maybe 5 Northrend quests.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:09 am

I assume that if you keep a completed quest in your log and turn it in after the levels are unlocked you'll still only get the money and no XP, correct? I've heard different things about this. Some say you get XP, some say only money.
hoho

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:12 am

Ulushnar wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Any quest you complete as soon as levels are unlocked will give you xp as normal.

As a caveat though, the XP jump from 70-71 is much larger than the jump from 69-70 to prevent this kind of thing. Even if you do turn in 25 level 70 quests after WotLK's launched, it'll only give you as much XP as maybe 5 Northrend quests.
Yar
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:12 am

hoho wrote:I assume that if you keep a completed quest in your log and turn it in after the levels are unlocked you'll still only get the money and no XP, correct?

Wrong. You get the XP, but the amount's pitiful compared to the Northrend quests and the amount of XP you need to get lvl 71-80 is far huger than 61-70. They did the same thing with XP in TBC, so that level 60s couldn't turn in a bunch of quests and get a headstart to 61.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 am

Also keep in mind that most quest items get destroyed when you abandon the quest. So stacking up on them won't work either.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby steadypal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:52 am

well we can grind up 25 dailies worth of quests and then turn them all in once we install the xpac correct?
steadypal

Postby Belloc » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:58 am

It will definitely be worth it to save up a bunch of completed quests, assuming they are all located relatively close to each other (the isle dailies, for instance). The more gold that a quest rewards, the better.

My recommendation: Have all of your isle, shattrath, and gold-giving netherwing dailies completed. Log out on Netherwing ledge with your hearth on the Isle. Turn in your netherwing quests, hearth to the Isle, turn in those quests, use the scroll to get to shatt, and take the Stormwind portal to get on the boat.

Substitute Netherwing quests with Ogri'la quests if you don't have your epic flyer.
Belloc

Postby MonkH » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:13 am

steadypal wrote:well we can grind up 25 dailies worth of quests and then turn them all in once we install the xpac correct?

it was said on TBC expansion that u couldnt do this but it turned u actualy could well dailys didnt exist then but regular quests
Daeden Prot Pala of EU-Frostmane.

Classes also played:
Druid, Warlock, Priest, Warrior, and now Paladin
MonkH

Postby dmok » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:42 am

steadypal wrote:well we can grind up 25 dailies worth of quests and then turn them all in once we install the xpac correct?

Pretty sure dailies don't reward XP at all.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Kilthanas » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 am

dmok wrote:

I know the Daily BG quest certainly gave me XP as I lvled. I believe the Thrallmar take the towers daily did as well but can't recall for sure.
Kilthanas

Postby Korbah » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:07 am

dmok wrote:

Yeah they do, when levelling my priest I made sure to do the PvP daily and spirit towers every day. They gave the same amount of XP that other quests gave me.
Korbah

Postby dmok » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:10 am

Kilthanas wrote:I know the Daily BG quest certainly gave me XP as I lvled. I believe the Thrallmar take the towers daily did as well but can't recall for sure.

Strange, I only recall minimal returns on rep and gold after the initial turn in with no XP gain to it whatsoever. Could just be my old age seeping through.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Korbah » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 am

Maybe you're thinking about repeatable quests, like a quest to turn in rep items. Dailies are different. :P
Korbah

Next

Return to WotLK