Three Basic Quick Questions

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Three Basic Quick Questions

Postby Quacky » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:25 am

Basic quick questions:

1. Does Ebon Plaguebringer effect holy spell damage? If so, according to the tooltips it would be the only spell damage taken debuff that does, is that true?

2. Someone said in the Beta Forums, RD is back on GCD. Is that this patch (10-07-08)? Are tuants currently on GCD for all tanks?

3. The tooltip for Blessing of Sancturay list 20 RP, 10 Rage, 2% total Mana. Do Paladin Mana bars fill up and get used about the same as the other tanks in a Raid?
Quacky

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:32 am

I believe both Ebon Plaguebringer and Curse of Elements are % magic damage for all types now.

On 3), our mana bars allow for several cycles before going OOM, whereas other classes can use a full rage bar in much shorter time; the 2% mana vs 10 rage actually works out about equal.

Can't test RD, because my downloader won't connect to get the new patch.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Katamai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:49 am

Just tested RD, it's back on GCD... epic fail -.-
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:52 am

Bugged RD is bugged

(altho, i'd accept RD being on GCD if they gave us a single target Taunt not on GCD, but that's just me)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Quacky » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:01 am

Thank you for the replies.
Quacky

Postby Katamai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:01 am

Worldie wrote:Bugged RD is bugged

(altho, i'd accept RD being on GCD if they gave us a single target Taunt not on GCD, but that's just me)

Yep... an optimist in me is saying it's a sign of things to come... but why announce cd reduction to 8 sec, leave it at 10 and then put it back on gcd? >.<
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:03 am

That's a "incoming change".

None of the incoming change has been done for any class, that's probably the 9th time i say it today.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Katamai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:07 am

Worldie wrote:That's a "incoming change".

None of the incoming change has been done for any class, that's probably the 9th time i say it today.

This is a sign for me to grab a cup of coffee :X
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby trellian » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:09 am

afaik Ebon Plaguebringer is a 13% dmg increase.
CoE is 10% and Malediction+CoE is 13%.
trellian

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:14 am

Anyone else think it's kinda shite that Ebon Plague and Curse of Elements seems to have an effect of Holy damage while Earth and Moon doesn't?

WTB Moonkin love.
Levantine

Postby Katamai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:18 am

Levantine wrote:Anyone else think it's kinda shite that Ebon Plague and Curse of Elements seems to have an effect of Holy damage while Earth and Moon doesn't?

WTB Moonkin love.

I agree but it's still an improvement over TBC where we had 0 holy spell dmg increase debuffs.
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:20 am

Levantine wrote:Anyone else think it's kinda shite that Ebon Plague and Curse of Elements seems to have an effect of Holy damage while Earth and Moon doesn't?

WTB Moonkin love.

They are making them all the same so i'm guessing Earth and Moon will be all damage as well.

That said, i find quite hard for a raid to not have a warlock anyway so at least 10% is guaranteed anyway.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:23 am

My guild seems to think bringing 4 Warlocks will be ideal. D:
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:30 am

4 soulstones, you got like us death-prone priests?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Katamai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:34 am

Worldie wrote:4 soulstones, you got like us death-prone priests?

*cough* mages *cough*

"Why isn't anyone dispelling the curse on tanks?"
"All mages are dead"

<_<
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Next

Return to WotLK