I have a concern (dun dun dun)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Faeth » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:What do people think of the SA glyph (2% additional mana return) for offtanking? Would it make a noticable difference (assuming Sacrifice and splash damage)?
<shrug>
T6 + Glyph = SA returns 13% of the heal as mana. Unless we match some tough to sustain tanking somewhere, I don't see why use that.

Personally, i'd rather pick a glyph that supports me both when soloing as well as when grouped. SA is useless when soloing plus in a group i don't seem to need the extra % either.

I'm currently looking at:
- 8% extra hit chance on Righteous defense
- Exorcism becoming an interrupt
- Avenger's shield becoming single target with increased damage
Faeth

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:25 am

Interruptcism is kinda fail right now because it's still strict to undead. Unless we see a zomgcrapton of undead that must be interrupted by the tank, i'm not taking it.

Right now I'm looking at 10 expertise-SoV, 8% hit and something else. For now the 10% judgment damage.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:31 am

8% hit is one of those "required when used, useless when not". I suspect I'll be using Judge/SoV/Avengers and switching glyphs if and when tank switching is needed.
ziggyunderslashone

Postby Rehlachs- » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:32 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Right now I'm looking at 10 expertise-SoV, 8% hit and something else. For now the 10% judgment damage.

Rehlachs-

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:34 am

Well I was talking about Glyphing specifically to off-tank (however ill-advised that may be in terms of cost vs. effectiveness). I know there are better options in a MT build.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:52 am

I only recall one fight where "offtank" has to fight for threat.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:55 am

+10% Judgement Damage = MT/OT
+Expertise with SoV = MT/OT
+ Double Damage AS = MT/OT

That would be my pick
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:57 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I only recall one fight where "offtank" has to fight for threat.

Gruul, Void, Boil. I tried to stay second on p2 RoS in case of missed kicks (don't ask) and if I remember rightly, we did the same on lurker early on due to some knockback issue (I was a priest at the time)

2% of a source you're not really recieving is going to be worth less that something with raw output.
ziggyunderslashone

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:59 am

ziggyunderslashone wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:I only recall one fight where "offtank" has to fight for threat.

Gruul, Void, Boil. I tried to stay second on p2 RoS in case of missed kicks (don't ask) and if I remember rightly, we did the same on lurker early on due to some knockback issue (I was a priest at the time)

2% of a source you're not really recieving is going to be worth less that something with raw output.
Ah yes, gruul and reaver. I've only thought of bloodboil.
Well, the damage intake in those is moderate. For these encounters the glyph might have worked.

What about the SoB glyph, and how does it's damage compare? If sob is any close to sov, it might very well be a good OT seal if glyphed.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sunstrider » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:04 am

Just figured I'd mention it for the horde side, new arcane torrent, 6% mana every 2minutes and its off the GCD. Take that alliance!! :P
Sunstrider

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:05 am

+ Silence and 2% spell-miss
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:08 am

Sunstrider wrote:Just figured I'd mention it for the horde side, new arcane torrent, 6% mana every 2minutes and its off the GCD. Take that alliance!! :P

I'll like my 3 free Expertise, PvP Inignia for PvE encounter with lets say fear or stuns or mind control, 10% extra reputation and stealth detection.

Plus I don't look as *please insert a random flame* as a belf (though females are hot :))
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Rehlachs- » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:13 am

Blood Elves, hoooooo!

/chicken
Rehlachs-

Postby Sunstrider » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:14 am

I don't know dude, humans look like they go to the gym and bench press each other.

Yeah I wasn't comparing overall racials, just in relevance to mana return. Though overall I am happy with the racial changes, and the only racial envy I've ever had was Tauren Endurance, though they are taming that a tad.
Sunstrider

Postby Rehlachs- » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:22 am

Sunstrider wrote:Yeah I wasn't comparing overall racials, just in relevance to mana return. Though overall I am happy with the racial changes, and the only racial envy I've ever had was Tauren Endurance, though they are taming that a tad.

if there will be any Troll Paladins, they could go crazy with their +1% critical strike chance with bows.
Rehlachs-

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK