Threat problems? :/

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:57 am

It does, that makes up a bit for the lesser threat.

But really people make things bigger than they are, with all the misdirection from rogues / hunter, plus the very high baseline threat compared to dps, threat is far from being a issue.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby honorshammer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:03 am

We've had a threat advantage on Warriors for most of Burning Crusade. I don't see where it helped us very much. I doubt a small threat advantage (if it exists) will matter a great deal.
honorshammer

Postby Equitas » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:06 am

I have 330 spelldmg on live with about 16K HP unbuffed.

On PTR i have about 680 spelldmg and 900 AP with 15.7K life.

Ive had T6 Warlocks trying to steal aggro from me in ZA timed and Karazhan, nobody managed.

This is a whisper i got:

"How the hell are you keeping aggro? Are you taunting on CD? Dude im hitting regularly for 8k with Caos Bolts and 6K Incinerates and i was not able to steal aggro from you once".

Were fine. Learn 2 Mashbuttons with your palm until you get annoyed by the klack klack klack

MY TPS was about 1.9-2.1 K Steady on bosses with 3.3 K spiked and MDs.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Dianora » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:26 am

Equitas wrote:I have 330 spelldmg on live with about 16K HP unbuffed.

Ive had T6 Warlocks trying to steal aggro from me in ZA timed and Karazhan, nobody managed.

This is a whisper i got:

"How the hell are you keeping aggro? Are you taunting on CD? Dude im hitting regularly for 8k with Caos Bolts and 6K Incinerates and i was not able to steal aggro from you once".

Were fine. Learn 2 Mashbuttons with your palm until you get annoyed by the klack klack klack

I'm seriously thinking about adding that script line to remove the HotR anvil noise in my Shor/HotR macro. After 5 weeks of hearing it every 6 seconds, it gets annoying.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby steadypal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:28 am

This is a whisper i got:

can u link your ptr spec :P
steadypal

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:30 am

How different can it be from the cookie cutter one.

I've tanked Naxx 10 a few times, noone ever managed to take aggro off me, i have no idea of my TPS, but considering i was doing 1300+ DPS, it was in the order of 2500-2600 with my 1 sec lag, and i'm still very bad at the 969
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:30 am

In summary, threat is fine, l2p.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:32 am

Ye, that's the TLDR version.

I suspect Fiorina tanks without RF in order to complain about TPS but don't tell him.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:33 am

Worldie wrote:Ye, that's the TLDR version.

I suspect Fiorina tanks without RF in order to complain about TPS but don't tell him.

I did that once in 10 man naxx! It took much longer to realize it than it would on live.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Andryana » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:40 am

What about the damage, how much DPS are we delivering on naxx?

I'm curious about their approach of making tanks doing more damage, how far behind we are from the regular DPS'ers??
Andryana

Postby Juugimus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:58 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Worldie wrote:Ye, that's the TLDR version.

I did that once in 10 man naxx! It took much longer to realize it than it would on live.

The only time I ever lost threat in Naxx 10 is when Sabin sabotaged me with a BoP.

Hmm, I thought that was my Hyjal ring proc animation... :lol:

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:01 am

Macha wrote:Yes, we do less threat than druids and warriors.
No, it's not an issue atm - so far threat is no problem in any instance for any tank. A dev stated that they don't want to be threat as important(sadly), that might be why.

Do you have a source on saying they don't want threat to be as important. They have said they want threat to be relatively equal across the tanking classes.

GC has also shown some concern that our threat scales too well, so that might explain for some of our skills being a bit on the low side initially.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sechs » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:06 am

If things stays as they are right now dps will never ever have to worry about threat.
I did maxxina in naxx 10 last night i had 900k threat while the hunter with the 2nd highest threat had only 300k. I could tank naxx without righteous fury and they still never pull agro It's just silly... ;>_>
Sechs

Postby Andryana » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:06 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Macha wrote:Yes, we do less threat than druids and warriors.
No, it's not an issue atm - so far threat is no problem in any instance for any tank. A dev stated that they don't want to be threat as important(sadly), that might be why.

Do you have a source on saying they don't want threat to be as important. They have said they want threat to be relatively equal across the tanking classes.

GC has also shown some concern that our threat scales too well, so that might explain for some of our skills being a bit on the low side initially.

I think this is the post Macha is referring to:

We've really buffed threat generation for tanks. Even when broken classes were doing 4500 dps in raids, they weren't pulling off the tanks. We're trying to back off threat management as a major component of grouping (though we're not removing it). Raid fights should be more about keeping people alive, knowing the fight, and coordinating with your group. As part of this philosophy, we are trying to make more consistent spells with odd threat rules, and PoM fell into that category.

When threat numbers are very low, then things like PoM going off or even a Renew tick can cause threat problems. We think this is a little sucky and are trying to come up with elegant ways to fix it. While the start of a fight can present this problem, I actually think it's worse once a fight is well undeway and there are adds and spawns of some kind that go right to the healer.

Another reason we changed the way spells like PoM healed was so the healing credit would actually go to the Priest in mods that track such things.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... id=2000#29
Andryana

Postby Equitas » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:17 am

steadypal wrote:

This is a whisper i got:

can u link your ptr spec :P

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... 1433312321

there you go.

Im off for the evening, play fair kids ^^
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK