AD worth it?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: AD worth it?

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Rena wrote:Hi, so i have been debatin to get 5/5 AD or like partial AD or no AD.

I highly recommend 5/5 AD.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sunstrider » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:40 pm

Guess this is gonna be an eternal question. I would think it logical that as our hitpoints keep increasing this would be more of a no-brainer but oh well. My answer is yes, and when this question rolls around next expansion my answer is yes.
Sunstrider

Postby Dehn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:05 am

Yes.

Its a great tool of mitigation.
Dehn

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:01 am

Sunstrider, its only a no-brainer as health increases if boss damage doesn't increase as well. If bosses still hit for 25%, 35% etc of your health, then there is basically no difference in how much it helps, of course the trash 1k/hit situation is better, but typically mitigation in those situations is not a major deal.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby kvark » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:16 am

AD is a winner till bosses hits for 30-50% your health in one solid punch. I'm a TPS freak, and in TBC I ditched AD for 40/21 spec. This time I'll spec AD.
kvark

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:18 am

Majiben wrote:
Sharlos wrote:I wish it resurectted dead critters when it procced. And then those dead critters had golden wings and threw Avenger's shield at other critters.

I like but the thought scares me
So, new AD form: It resses critters around you, and you toss them instead of the avenger's shield.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:24 am

There are more things about AD in wrath that make it even more valuable than before.

1: Avoidance will generally be a little lower, this means we'll take more hits and boss damage balance will take that in consideration(hits are relatively lower). Leapfrogging will be a little less frequent.
2: We now have a crapton of blockvalue. No, really, a crapton. A regular, not focused on bv tank set will easily have 1600+ block value.
3: stacks with everything.

AD reduction applies just before/after armor, so block value scales with AD too. Now that we have a LOT of BV, the difference will be significant.
That 10k-to-8,4k hit will actually be 7k-to-5,4k if it's within AD.
Last edited by Snake-Aes on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Racolus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:25 am

Just get a Tankadin UI and enable the AD announce, you will notice actually AD kicks in alot. (yeah, especially when you grouped with brain lagging healer)

I'll get it to 5/5 as long as I wanna be the tank. (we have no better choice on tanking talent, right?)
Racolus

Postby Galannor » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:27 am

Snake-Aes wrote:There are more things about AD in wrath that make it even more valuable than before.

1: Avoidance will generally be a little lower, this means we'll take more hits and boss damage balance will take that in consideration(hits are relatively lower). Leapfrogging will be a little less frequent.
2: We now have a crapton of blockvalue. No, really, a crapton. A regular, not focused on bv tank set will easily have 1600+ block value.
3: stacks with everything.

AD reduction applies just before/after armor, so block value scales with AD too. Now that we have a LOT of BV, the difference will be significant.
That 10k-to-8,4k hit will actually be 7k-to-5,4k if it's within AD.

Not to mention the huge health pools we'll have will make it even better.
Last edited by Galannor on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galannor

Re: AD worth it?

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:29 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Rena wrote:Hi, so i have been debatin to get 5/5 AD or like partial AD or no AD.

I highly recommend 5/5 AD.

On our first kill of Lady Vashj I MTed here. I had some procs and one proc that saved me. I would have died, we probably wiped.

On our first kill of Kael'Thas Warrior MT died @ 70%, I took over (yes, I was second on TPS), survived the pyro with DS. Still at the end, a AD procc saved me here too.

Supremus first Kill with me MT, AD proc saved me.

I highly recommend 5/5 for progression.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:32 am

Dehn wrote:Yes.

Its a great tool of mitigation.

That is not true. Really. 1-2% for 5 points. That is very little mitigation. BUT you have it automatically when you're ass is on the line. And THEN it is important. 5k Damage less in a 10 minute fight is very very little. But if it is the 5k that would otherwise kill you it means all.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:04 am

Make it proc on any hit that would take you below 35% and its well worth it, its not 5% for 5 talent points, but its highly effective at what it does.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby daemonym » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:22 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:But if it is the 5k that would otherwise kill you it means all.

QFT! and also quoted because i was just abotu to say it :P

but really. i look at it like this:

-i rarely see AD proc. i put my 5 talent points elsewhere.
-i rarely use lay on hands, why bother spending the 5g to train it
-i rarely use bubblewall, why bother training it either?

it's not just a panic button, but it's a button that you don't even need to push yourself. 5k damage reduced doesn't mean anything. except when AD prevents it, because you just died otherwise.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 am

Because it's nature, it's hard to measure how good it is right away.
AD is that talent that you never see working, but when you skip it and it could have saved you, you suddenly miss it a lot.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:41 am

Galannor wrote:Not to mention the huge health pools we'll have will male it even better.

I'm not exactly sure what the thought process is that comes to this conclusion. This is only true if bosses don't hit any harder.
I rule.
moduspwnens

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK