New build 9061 Inc Tuesday October 7th

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:11 am

Katamai wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:All I can think of is the ocasional delay in 1o ut of 4 or 5 judgments along a rotation.
Unless he thinks 2/2 imp judge is actually a good pickup.
Dunno, you'll have to ask him o.o

Since 2/2 is not as good as it used to be, we will be judging less often than we used to and in long term it adds up (in terms of Judgments per fight).
But we'll still judge it on cooldown: 9 seconds.
(which to be frank is how I already do it in live. 8 seconds is kinda messy)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Norrath » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:12 am

Katamai wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:All I can think of is the ocasional delay in 1o ut of 4 or 5 judgments along a rotation.
Unless he thinks 2/2 imp judge is actually a good pickup.
Dunno, you'll have to ask him o.o

Since 2/2 is not as good as it used to be, we will be judging less often than we used to and in long term it adds up (in terms of Judgments per fight).

That's still judging every CD, though. :P The CD is simply longer.
Norrath

Postby Katamai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:14 am

Norrath wrote:That's still judging every CD, though. :P The CD is simply longer.

You're right... i've managed to confuse myself :shock:

I don't even know what i wanted to say :oops:
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Norrath » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:17 am

You probably meant we won't be judging as often (which is accurate if you took 2/2 Imp. Judgement before).
Norrath

Postby Modal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:05 am

Seems clear at this point that 3.0 patch content is finalized and they're just working on getting it ready for release. We're not going to see any other changes until the actual expansion or later.
Modal

Postby Aldonza » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:23 am

Even if they are finalizing the 3.0.2 content patch, they could still decide to make some major changes between 3.0.2 and WotLK release. IIRC, they made some major talent changes between 2.0 and TBC for Rogues. 2.0 content patch pushed Cloak of Shadows as the end talent of Subtlety, which come TBC was made baselne and replaced with Shadowstep in the same tree.

So, even if they have finalized the major changes that they want to go live come the next content patch, they could still make some changes (even significant ones) between 3.0.2 where they can get even more en masse data and WotLK.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby VikrumthePally » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:07 am

moduspwnens wrote:This just in:

Ghostcrawler wrote:The wings provided by Avenging Wrath can now be used to fly at epic flying mount speed, including in arenas.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=10972017221&pageNo=1&sid=2000#0

PLAY ALONG

Wow pro. Haven't been RR'd but twice in my life. This one is tops. And it's tops for other obvious RR's I've seen.
VikrumthePally

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:26 am

Am I the only one that looks at the status bar and sees the youtube link?
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Syralana » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:45 am

Bah, didn't pay attention, sorry.
Last edited by Syralana on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syralana

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:47 am

Are you looking at rank one, before putting points in?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby steadypal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:54 am

convinced we are rolling out next week as is, expect a paladin patch in 2009
steadypal

Postby Dianora » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:21 am

Worldie wrote:Actually i did never understand why they put it in place in the first time, originally SoV (and i'm talking of TBC) didn't do any damage when renewing a 5 stacked dot.

Since the horde never had the pre-3.0.2 version of Sov, let me refresh the reason why they added the small on-hit damage.

SoV was ALWAYS designed to be a tanking seal. Unfortunately, it's a PROC. A high PPM PROC, but still a PROC with a chance of it rolling off. It favors slow weapon.

The amount of tick it was doing was slightly better than SoR hit, but considered the reason why most Alliance Pally never bother with it was the fact that a couple of unlucky miss with slow weapon and proc miss means it rolls dropped off from the mob. They want to equalized it to SoR, so they added a small (5) holy damage on hit when it PROC on a 5 stack SoV. Think of it as a reward of keeping 5 stack SoV PROC (which used to do nothing).

Now that SoV is a guarantee hit, and applicable to all special move, there's really no reason why the on-hit 5 proc remained.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Scotthew » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:45 am

My testing is still showing HotR as 4x Weapon DPS. =]

Thaco
US-Daggerspine
Scotthew

Postby steadypal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:49 am

btw is it just me or did 9061 not come out? because im still showing mine as 9056 as my ptr build?

pally changes INC in 2009
steadypal

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:52 am

Aldonza wrote:Even if they are finalizing the 3.0.2 content patch, they could still decide to make some major changes between 3.0.2 and WotLK release. IIRC, they made some major talent changes between 2.0 and TBC for Rogues. 2.0 content patch pushed Cloak of Shadows as the end talent of Subtlety, which come TBC was made baselne and replaced with Shadowstep in the same tree.

So, even if they have finalized the major changes that they want to go live come the next content patch, they could still make some changes (even significant ones) between 3.0.2 where they can get even more en masse data and WotLK.

Well 2.0 released a very old beta patch. For instance, 2.0 got released in December and still had the 6 second crusader strike. In beta, Crusader Strike had been nerfed to 10 seconds in October. The 2.0 patch was basically a 6 week old beta patch. They don't seem to be repeating that disaster at least.

The difference between the final beta when the blues took control of raid bosses and marched on Shattrah, and the release of the expansion wasn't all that big.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK