Pally Buffs (minor RD buff) + more Bacon of Light

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Elsie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:06 am

My point was that any of the other classes don't look at their buff and go "oh i will have to log on my alt and buff the raid with this, then log back to my main". It seems a twisted way to look at a buff.
The conclusion seems that it's folly to look at a buff and think "oh hey this is something my alt can provide". Apart from the fact that alt swapping is only done by a handful of guilds (the ones i have been in didn't do this), it's still an alt you talk about and no proper guild should NOT ignore the mains in it.

The conclusion is that it is folly to look at a buff and think "This isn't a reason to bring X class when an alt can provide it." In making an analysis of the data, all I am doing is a positive analysis - saying how things are, not how they ought to be. This requires an assumption that people act rationally by evaluating all information available to them.

Talking about preference doesn't nullify the issue. I merely used it to state "This is the reason. The discussion at hand is a part involved in that reason." Preference stems from prejudice, personnel relations, and class advantages. This is the latter.

I'm not saying we're inferior enough to be left out of a raid. That war vs pal was an example if you read my entire post. The comparison was of raid utility abilities. My single normative analysis is thus: BoSanc should not be considered a prot paladin benefit in comparisons when it's easily supplied by another means.
Last edited by Elsie on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elsie

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:13 am

Elsie wrote:
My point was that any of the other classes don't look at their buff and go "oh i will have to log on my alt and buff the raid with this, then log back to my main". It seems a twisted way to look at a buff.
The conclusion seems that it's folly to look at a buff and think "oh hey this is something my alt can provide". Apart from the fact that alt swapping is only done by a handful of guilds (the ones i have been in didn't do this), it's still an alt you talk about and no proper guild should NOT ignore the mains in it.

The conclusion is that it is folly to look at a buff and think "This isn't a reason to bring X class when an alt can provide it." In making an analysis, all I am doing is a positive analysis - saying how things are, not how they ought to be. This requires an assumption that people act rationally by evaluating all information available to them.

Talking about preference doesn't nullify the issue. I merely used it to state "This is the reason. The discussion at hand is a part involved in that reason." Preference stems from prejudice, personnel relations, and class advantages. This is the latter.

I'm not saying we're inferior enough to be left out of a raid. That war vs pal was an example if you read my entire post. The comparison was of raid utility abilities. My single normative analysis is thus: BoSanc should not be considered a prot paladin benefit in comparisons when it's easily supplied by another means.

I think in most cases raids would just as soon bring someone with the buff if they were otherwise able to compete for their respective role. So there is logic in weighing buffs for bringing a class to the raid.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:45 am

I think in most cases raids would just as soon bring someone with the buff if they were otherwise able to compete for their respective role. So there is logic in weighing buffs for bringing a class to the raid.

In wotlk, that is certainly likely to be the case. I think the key term is "otherwise compete" implying that the class is competitive without the buff. Which is another way of stating my point.
Elsie

Previous

Return to WotLK