Pally Buffs (minor RD buff) + more Bacon of Light

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Pally Buffs (minor RD buff) + more Bacon of Light

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Righteous Defense -- cooldown lowered to 8 sec. It had been 10 sec recently and is 15 sec on live.

Infusion of Light -- now affects Flash of Light or Holy Light. Flash of Light is reduced to 0 cast time with 2 ranks, meaning that if you're running around and get a Holy Shock crit, you can also Flash without stopping.

Judgements of the Pure -- haste benefit now up to 15% with 5 ranks (was 10%).

Enlightened Judgements -- range benefit is now 30 yards with 2 ranks (was 20). This means you can judge or heal from the same range without having to run around so much.

Bacon of Light -- no change here, but I can never miss an opportunity to call it Bacon.

Woo 8sec ranged taunt :)
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&sid=2000
DeadMilliken

Postby Andryana » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:30 pm

Disappointing.
Andryana

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Andryana wrote:Disappointing.

Holy needed it.
DeadMilliken

Postby Sunstrider » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Well thats a world of improvement in taking it from 15 to 8 seconds. But as the replies quickly show people still are concerned with a single target taunt. Righteous Defense is awesome for 5 mans, but can be quite a handicap on raids.
Sunstrider

Postby Andryana » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:35 pm

DeadMilliken wrote:
Andryana wrote:Disappointing.

Holy needed it.

Yes they did i'm not bashing that ;)

Was expecting more significant prot changes, that's why i'm disappointed.
Andryana

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:36 pm

Sunstrider wrote:Well thats a world of improvement in taking it from 15 to 8 seconds. But as the replies quickly show people still are concerned with a single target taunt. Righteous Defense is awesome for 5 mans, but can be quite a handicap on raids.

One of my favorite suggestions so far is for RD to become a two ranked spell sharing a cooldown. Rank 1 = 1 target, Rank2 = 3 targets.

Andryana wrote:
Was expecting more significant prot changes, that's why i'm disappointed.

Honestly, I don't think we need significant anymore. Something worked out on the single target front and the rest is minor to unimportant for the moment.
(*Sure Reckoning and Redoubt could be better as could several of our mechanics...but fundamentally we are very sound)

Edit in:

I'd MUCH rather be going into WotLK slightly underpowered but mechanically sound then like druids who Blizzard constantly refers to "possibly op in mitigation". I'd rather need minor buff tweaks then be in fear of the comming nerfbat.
DeadMilliken

Postby Lore » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:40 pm

8 second taunt is awesome.

Holy buffs were much needed.

Only a true Paladin could look at that and be upset :P

And we're hardly going into Wrath as underpowered; honestly I think Blessing of Sanctuary needs a nerf.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Looks good to me.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Selinaria » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:43 pm

I like all the changes :)
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Spiggless » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:44 pm

DeadMilliken wrote:One of my favorite suggestions so far is for RD to become a two ranked spell sharing a cooldown. Rank 1 = 1 target, Rank2 = 3 targets.

My favorite so far was to have it single target taunt if you are targeting a hostile target, and the current 3 way taunt if you're targeting a friendly target.
Spiggless

Postby Andryana » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Deadmiliken i'm not saying we are crap ;) , just think we could use some AWESOME SMALL TWEAKS(as GC says) like getting a 11-point and some tuning to Sanctuary/Kings,Reckoning or Redoubt.

Still, 8 second taunt is amazing.
Andryana

Postby Rasmfrackn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:46 pm

I still feel bad for holy, but better is better...
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Splug » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:46 pm

Lore wrote:honestly I think Blessing of Sanctuary needs a nerf.
Yeah... I understand it has to compete with kings, but it is one of the only unique buffs still in the game. The 3% DR is shared, but with the change to rune strike it does significantly alter how I'd spec my death knight depending on whether there is a prot paladin in the raid or not.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:48 pm

Splug wrote:
Lore wrote:honestly I think Blessing of Sanctuary needs a nerf.
Yeah... I understand it has to compete with kings, but it is one of the only unique buffs still in the game. The 3% DR is shared, but with the change to rune strike it does significantly alter how I'd spec my death knight depending on whether there is a prot paladin in the raid or not.

-Splug

It needs to be removed from the game imo... it's too good and too unique for a tank spec to have. If it were on a healer or DPS, i'd be fine with it, but on the most numerically limited role in a raid it's just wrong.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby steadypal » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:52 pm

upcoming changes are fine and all, but patch coming out next week when are we going to see the slight change to bosanc, and the 3% dr in shield of the templar implemented? before patch, after the patch, before xpac or after xpac?
steadypal

Next

Return to WotLK