Just some fun experiences!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Just some fun experiences!

Postby Kamades » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:15 am

So, myself and a few of my guildies were playing around on the PTR last night.

We decided to try Kara.

Prot Pallie - Kamahammer of Kul Tiras
Ret Pally - My GM (Eternusanima)
Resto Shammie - in mixed Ele\Resto set (Plays Ele on live)
Enh Shammie.

In one hour, we killed every boss on the way to Aran - Except nightbane. We all forgot our buckets. We're all in badge\T4\ZA level gear, and we have Bears on farm in Live - Just to give a sense of where our gearing\coordination is.

The only time I started taking any real amounts of dmg was on the trash leading up to Curator - most everything before that was alot of "riptide + poop shield does it" healing. It was a LOT of fun. Only time I had aggro issues was when I forgot to refresh buffs.

I was running 30% dodge in my normal trash set + the new Strength of earth. To be honest - wow, we have HUGE avoidance (at 70), and its really, really nice.

I had no reason to post this beyond wanting to brag, to be honest - but if 80 tanking is remotely this fun, I dont understand playing any other class in the game ;)
Kamades
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:17 am

Postby Huon » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:20 am

I agree that the new changes are fun :twisted:

But don't forget that on the PTR, raid mobs now have 30% less hp, and also hit for less than they do on live, and both of those points most likely helped you feeling OP in there as compared to live :P

But don't get me wrong, its not a dig at your skills, bear runs with a T4 group is pretty impressive... Then again, the new badge loot is like T6...

/shakefist @ OP badge loot.
Image
Huon
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:12 pm

Postby Kelaan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:35 pm

That means that with a slightly larger group, you'd be able to do some CRAZY stuff. :D awesome! I'mlooking forward to this.
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:01 pm

How many Kara Bosses can you tank at once

Lets Kidnap a Kitty and find out!

Moroes, Attu, Maiden should be do-able...

Bonus points would be working them all into opera then starting the event.
(*You'd have to kill the Moroes adds, but it should still be possible)

All the Uper-lvl ones either have doors, teleports or other nastiness.
Image
User avatar
DeadMilliken
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:19 am

Postby Inukshuk » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:03 pm

DeadMilliken wrote:How many Kara Bosses can you tank at once

Lets Kidnap a Kitty and find out!

Moroes, Attu, Maiden should be do-able...

Bonus points would be working them all into opera then starting the event.
(*You'd have to kill the Moroes adds, but it should still be possible)

All the Uper-lvl ones either have doors, teleports or other nastiness.


I think Moroes and Attumen reset if you move them too far, so not doable simply because it's not allowed.
Inukshuk
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:02 am

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Inukshuk wrote:
DeadMilliken wrote:How many Kara Bosses can you tank at once

Lets Kidnap a Kitty and find out!

Moroes, Attu, Maiden should be do-able...

Bonus points would be working them all into opera then starting the event.
(*You'd have to kill the Moroes adds, but it should still be possible)

All the Uper-lvl ones either have doors, teleports or other nastiness.


I think Moroes and Attumen reset if you move them too far, so not doable simply because it's not allowed.


AFAIK attun does not have a leash, Moroes is ABSOLUTELY not leashed but his adds are (*hence kill his adds). And I also know Maiden is not leashed.

Even if Attun had a leash the other two definately do not and you just have to bring them down to him. If I'm remembering right that he does not you "should" be able to get all three to opera.
Image
User avatar
DeadMilliken
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:19 am

Postby Belloc » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Attumen does leash and Moroes would be annoying at best. Getting those 3 together would be a very difficult thing to pull off.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:16 pm

DeadMilliken wrote:
Inukshuk wrote:
DeadMilliken wrote:How many Kara Bosses can you tank at once

Lets Kidnap a Kitty and find out!

Moroes, Attu, Maiden should be do-able...

Bonus points would be working them all into opera then starting the event.
(*You'd have to kill the Moroes adds, but it should still be possible)

All the Uper-lvl ones either have doors, teleports or other nastiness.


I think Moroes and Attumen reset if you move them too far, so not doable simply because it's not allowed.


AFAIK attun does not have a leash, Moroes is ABSOLUTELY not leashed but his adds are (*hence kill his adds). And I also know Maiden is not leashed.

Even if Attun had a leash the other two definately do not and you just have to bring them down to him. If I'm remembering right that he does not you "should" be able to get all three to opera.


I'm fairly sure Moroes has to be down before you can do Opera.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:19 pm

Belloc wrote:Attumen does leash and Moroes would be annoying at best. Getting those 3 together would be a very difficult thing to pull off.


Is the leash on all three forms? Midnight, Attunemen, Attune+Midnight

It shouldn't be that hard...Maiden is pretty slow and you can jump ahead in some parts.

Clear all three areas, Start Moroes, Kill his adds, have a hunter kite maiden down then FD to you and head down to attune.
User avatar
DeadMilliken
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:19 am

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:25 pm

I'd like to see a full Kara clear performed while keeping Maiden in combat and unkilled. There should be an achievement for it: Masochist
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby Arcand » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:30 pm

PsiVen wrote:I'd like to see a full Kara clear performed while keeping Maiden in combat and unkilled. There should be an achievement for it: Masochist


She'd help by breaking all the sheep on Aran. :)
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby majiben » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:59 pm

PsiVen wrote:I'd like to see a full Kara clear performed while keeping Maiden in combat and unkilled. There should be an achievement for it: Masochist


Doesn't she have an enrage?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby Elsie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:14 pm

Imo... Morogrim + karathress + leo... all at the same time.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby Chunes » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 pm

Elsie wrote:Imo... Morogrim + karathress + leo... all at the same time.


my brain is melting at the thought of doing just FLK and Leo together, combine that w/ watery graves, murloc zergs...

X_x
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Postby Songblade » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:43 pm

Belloc wrote:Attumen does leash and Moroes would be annoying at best. Getting those 3 together would be a very difficult thing to pull off.


I don't think it would be too bad, just kill all the trash, and have two hunters to and MD Maiden and Attumen to you while you pull Moroes. It should be doable.
Image

[Insert witty comment here]
User avatar
Songblade
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: Interdimensional Limbo

Next

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest