Remove Advertisements

Interrupt on Hammer of Justice

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Interrupt on Hammer of Justice

Postby Kierna » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:04 pm

I was on the PTR earlier today and was trying to solo Slave Pens (killed the shammy and Quag). Anyway, I was testing out the interrupt on Hammer of Justice and it didn't seem to work on any of the bosses. Are the bosses in SP just immune to interrupt or is there an issue with HoJ?
Kierna

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:12 pm

I think they may just be immune. I don't specifically remember. There aren't too many bosses that are made to be interrupted. You could try Kael'thas in MgT, or (the chick boss) in Arcatraz. Heck, or just run into Mag's Lair, pull a group, bubble, wait for one to cast, and then try it. That'd probably be a good place.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:16 pm

The first boss in SP heroic is immune to interrupt.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zumor » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:18 pm

if you bubble they wont cast, they try to melee you
bubble to block incomming spells, but dont bubble and wait for spells starting to cast
Zumor

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:18 pm

Zumor wrote:if you bubble they wont cast, they try to melee you
bubble to block incomming spells, but dont bubble and wait for spells starting to cast

Or HoP?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Kierna » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:21 pm

Worldie wrote:The first boss in SP heroic is immune to interrupt.

I was doing it on normal mode. I also attempted to interrupt Rokmar, and it seemed immune as well. I'll probably try the Mag test and see what happens.
Kierna

Postby Arthaal » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:15 pm

I've done it on regular elites in Northrend and not managed an interrupt either (they might be immune too, but its seems less likely than for bosses).
Infusion of Light: Light's Grace v2.0 - but random.
Arthaal

Postby Amarant_Pally » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Just a note: HoJ did not work on Hex Lord Malacrass on the PTR as of about 2 weeks ago. Also did not work on the chick-boss in Arcatraz (forget her name).

And Dalrissa in MgT can be stunned, anyway.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Noradin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:14 am

May not be implemented, yet.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Norfolk » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:28 am

Could one of you with beta access post about this issue on the beta forum to make sure Blizzard knows it isn't working? Or can perhaps confirm with them that it is working on a build further advanced than what testers have access to?
Norfolk

Postby Flex » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:49 am

Easy way to test.

Duel a Mage. Have them Arcane Missile you. HoJ them. See if they can Blink out of the stun.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Kierna » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:23 am

Flex wrote:Easy way to test.

Duel a Mage. Have them Arcane Missile you. HoJ them. See if they can Blink out of the stun.

Just tested it this way on the PTR and the mage was unable to blink out of the stun so I guess the interrupt portion does work.
Kierna

Postby Mordinm » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:25 am

Kierna wrote:
Flex wrote:Easy way to test.

Just tested it this way on the PTR and the mage was unable to blink out of the stun so I guess the interrupt portion does work.

If you can have the mage pop a free action potion before hand. Double check that immune to stun doesn't make it immune to the interrupt.
Mordinm

Re: Interrupt on Hammer of Justice

Postby Splug » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 am

Kierna wrote:I was on the PTR earlier today and was trying to solo Slave Pens (killed the shammy and Quag). Anyway, I was testing out the interrupt on Hammer of Justice and it didn't seem to work on any of the bosses. Are the bosses in SP just immune to interrupt or is there an issue with HoJ?
These two bosses cannot be interrupted; kick/pummel/shield bash don't work either.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Noradin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:47 pm

Has anyone ever verifiably used Hammer of Justice to interrupt a stun immune mob?

It didn' work in the theather event, Aran (interrupting 5sec channeling spells is not that hard, so I'm pretty sure I didn't just miss the right moment several times) or any other mob I tried, that I was sure I could interrupt with my mage.

My conclusion is that ether they didn' really implement it yet and only included the tooltip (in the moment tooltips and abilities don't match each other anyways) or it is just plain buggy. Be it one or the other, it shouldn't go live like this.
ImageImage
Noradin

Next

Return to WotLK