Remove Advertisements

Seal and judgement of light.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby majiben » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:27 pm

Keion wrote:Doesseal generate threat?

yes but don't forget we only get half the healing as threat and it's spread between all mobs present. Don't rely on it for threat.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Sakiara » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:29 pm

I was under the impression UB stood for Underbawwg. :(
mew wrote:Spoiler: People have different opinions
Sakiara

Postby Keion » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:52 am

Idea:

Return SoR to Spellpower only.
Give protection talent that gives more threat to seal of lights, seal from overheals and crits of seal of light.
And now make ret talents scale with AP only.

Balance problem solved.
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:57 am

Keion wrote:Return SoR to Spellpower only.

Kills low level paladins who have no seal to solo with

Keion wrote:Give protection talent that gives more threat to seal of lights, seal from overheals and crits of seal of light.

Maybe but not needed. Would also go against blizzard's statement that they want tanks to generate threat through damage. Also threat suffers heavily when multiple mobs are present.

Keion wrote:And now make ret talents scale with AP only.

Nice in theory but that would eliminate most of the appeal that sheath of light has for ret paladins.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Noradin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:52 am

Worldie wrote:
Keion wrote:
Worldie wrote:You can already solo non-hc UB at 70 o.o

Can I solo 3rd boss (ogre) in SH HC?

Currently not due to the magic damage... maybe yes but i'd think it's going to be very hard.

It is doable, only the second boss required DS to clear the stack and I used LH to be on the save side. (I used judgement and seal of light on this one, on everything else judgement of wisdom and seal of light).

There were no adds on the last boss, though. (Are they supposed to spawn on normal? They always were buggy in heroic mode. If yes, I think, our CDs will be enough to manage the fight, since seal of light alone was enough to keep me at full health against the boss.)
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Origon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:10 am

A question to the beta players, I know that there are no issues holding threat (at least no big ones). How much threat would one lose using SoL and JoW to tank with (to avoid mana issues and the health differences). Would it be an option for non-threat sensitive fights (Patchwerk for instance). What about regular fights? Heroics? Would be a very nice option to offset our health difference with warriors if we could keep SoL up even part of the time.
Origon

Postby Davalin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:33 am

Origon wrote:A question to the beta players, I know that there are no issues holding threat (at least no big ones). How much threat would one lose using SoL and JoW to tank with (to avoid mana issues and the health differences). Would it be an option for non-threat sensitive fights (Patchwerk for instance). What about regular fights? Heroics? Would be a very nice option to offset our health difference with warriors if we could keep SoL up even part of the time.

in a raid situation hopefuly hu have a holy paladin in it and they will be keeping up SoL on the bosses now.
Powerbocking FTW!
Davalin

Postby Selinaria » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:38 am

Davalin wrote:
in a raid situation hopefuly hu have a holy paladin in it and they will be keeping up SoL on the bosses now.

There is a good chance of either this or a ret paladin doing the same so at least half of it will be covered.

As far as threat goes, I really wouldn't say we are head and shoulders above dps but we are fairly ahead of most dps at the moment, so it's hard to say whether you could (or would want to) sacrifice a tps/dps seal for some self healing.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Origon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:41 am

Patchwerk used to add quite a significant amount of threat to the MT when he used his hateful strike. Would be a decent fight to swap to Seal of Light and Judgement of Wisdom like normal on him. (This is me going off about 10man content, assume theres no other pallies, since it could very well happen)
Origon

Previous

Return to WotLK