BoK vs BoSanc

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby lusisia » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 pm

steadypal wrote:
Sark wrote:
Knaughty wrote:
Sark wrote:this is the 1st topic my search returned so i'll just post my question here:

Now that that 3% has been added to shield of the templar, are the folks who were planning on using sanct instead of kings now more willing to take that 10% stat boost?

No, because the reason to go Sanc > Kings is nothing to do with damage reduction, it's mana regen in 5/10 content or out-geared content.

You'd never take Sanc over Kings due to mitigation. 10% EH > 3% EH....

I agree wholeheartedly, i just recall shortly after the announced sanct change many posts where folks seemed to prefer sanct as a primary tank blessing over kings

I wanted to see if opinions were swayed any by this extra 3% mit

the mana regen is nothing to be lol'd at either tho :P

It's not but it isn't important where it counts i.e. progression content. In fact Divine Plea scales BETTER with Kings (and other int buffs for that matter) in off-tanking situations where BoSanc is pretty useless.

If I can get BoSanc AND kings, I should be sitting at 3% MORE DR than a warrior excluding AD thanks to the missing 3% being rolled into SotT.

If I really cared about it that is ;)
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Stilgarr » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:36 am

Rorshach wrote:With the change to the 5-point Reckoning, I find myself unable to not take it.

Changes ?

I thought reckoning was now pretty much dead for Prot once the patch and expansion hits.
Or did I miss something seeing as there are constant changes going on atm ?
Stilgarr

Postby Sabreyn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:41 am

Stilgarr wrote:
Rorshach wrote:With the change to the 5-point Reckoning, I find myself unable to not take it.

Changes ?

I thought reckoning was now pretty much dead for Prot once the patch and expansion hits.
Or did I miss something seeing as there are constant changes going on atm ?

Reckoning was dead before the patch but is going to come alive again, since it will be able to proc off blocked attacks. Also, our white damage will be non-negligible, making it even a little better when it does proc.
Sabreyn

Postby Questioner » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:08 am

Sabreyn wrote:Reckoning was dead before the patch but is going to come alive again, since it will be able to proc off blocked attacks. Also, our white damage will be non-negligible, making it even a little better when it does proc.

1.) It has nothing to do with having 5 points in it, it applies even with 3 points. Its just a typo n the calculator.
2.) Makes no noticable difference in progression content. You already proc reck off blocked attacks, this just added FULLY blocked attacks. This means you'd be able to solo Arlokk faster.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Previous

Return to WotLK