Remove Advertisements

Librams in 3.0

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:39 am

Melathys wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:
Candiru wrote:If no-one else wants the item, shouldn't it cost you a negligible amount of DKP to get it?

Some people use systems that don't discount for items that would otherwise be sharded.

This prevents people from "gaming" the system by pretending to not want a thing so they can get it for cheap.

I'm of the opinion that such systems punish people for taking situational side grades and the like, leaving them poorly prepared for those situational, uh, situations, but maybe that's just me.

thus is why I've never joined a "serious" guild. I was actually considering apping to a t6 guild. I found out they had a one upgrade per run policy. In hyjal, the guild MT got an offspec (healing) upgrade. Then hammer of judgement dropped, and they sharded it because the MT had already gotten an upgrade. That was the end of my consideration of a "serious" guild. People too caught up in loot to let friends get upgrades, even if it results in a shard. Upgrade >>>>>>>>>>>> shard, no matter the case.

That's not a serious guild, that's a guild made by idiots, it's slightly different.

Let me bet, they were a 3/4 5/6 guild too? :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Obrimos » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:46 pm

Worldie wrote:
Melathys wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:
Candiru wrote:If no-one else wants the item, shouldn't it cost you a negligible amount of DKP to get it?

Some people use systems that don't discount for items that would otherwise be sharded.

This prevents people from "gaming" the system by pretending to not want a thing so they can get it for cheap.

I'm of the opinion that such systems punish people for taking situational side grades and the like, leaving them poorly prepared for those situational, uh, situations, but maybe that's just me.

thus is why I've never joined a "serious" guild. I was actually considering apping to a t6 guild. I found out they had a one upgrade per run policy. In hyjal, the guild MT got an offspec (healing) upgrade. Then hammer of judgement dropped, and they sharded it because the MT had already gotten an upgrade. That was the end of my consideration of a "serious" guild. People too caught up in loot to let friends get upgrades, even if it results in a shard. Upgrade >>>>>>>>>>>> shard, no matter the case.

That's not a serious guild, that's a guild made by idiots, it's slightly different.

Let me bet, they were a 3/4 5/6 guild too? :)

Srsly.

I'd much rather see it go to someone for off-offspec gear, or a sidegrade for a spec they've never played than shard an item.

At least it may see use.
Obrimos

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:48 pm

Now thats just plain stupidity lol
Io.Draco

Postby Lexica » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:04 pm

My guild is 4/5 and 5/9 (we are only 3 months old) but I would never ever shard something someone could use.

I evern let maces go to rogues for offspec because they would never use them in a raid. I have given a shaman the offhand fist for free because again they would never use it in a raid because its poo even as the two set.

Seems to work for us - no one loot whores and people are always willing to pass for others because they know I am always fair with loot even with a DKP system in place.

I have a ton of void crystals in the gbank anyway from heroics so don't exactly need them... I do wonder about some guilds.
Lexica

Postby Macha » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:30 pm

In hyjal, the guild MT got an offspec (healing) upgrade. Then hammer of judgement dropped, and they sharded it because the MT had already gotten an upgrade

This is not a serious guild, but a seriously stupid guild.
A "one upgrade per run" policy can work - simply by saying "after you get one, you can only get another when everyone else passes".
Macha

Postby Norrath » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Item > shard. Always.
Norrath

Postby Omatre » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:04 pm

Meh, Hammer of Judgement drops like chicken feed anyway, along with Pepe's cloak, and that pos fire only dmg item.

Regardless. The way we work it, its secret whispers to raid leader if you want.

He waits, if nothing comes in for the item. Its offspec /roll's. The benefit to that? Some guys will use it, most guys won't, but shards are worthless.

We used to do 1/2 DKP for offset, but that got expensive for chaps such as myself, as of course I wanted a good healing offset, I'd actually use it. So I was burning DKP more than others because my offset actually had a purpose. It was a double ding. They changed that, and I think everyone's been rather happy with the results.

Main spec = DKP, offspec = whatever you want.
Some guys would even probably agree to this...if you want it for offspec, you pay the 1 shard cost for it, and its yours. Most guys have excess materials, and even if they don't, shards have a market value, just gold buy the item.

There's many more optons than sharding items imo.
Omatre

Postby Helpunot » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Candiru wrote:
Helpunot wrote:I didnt want to take it when it dropped but my guild made me. I was trying to save my PR for t6 stuff.... now I am glad they made me take it.

If no-one else wants the item, shouldn't it cost you a negligible amount of DKP to get it?

Not how it works on an EPGP system. It would cost nothing if it were offspec for me, but since it is part of my main spec, it cost me points, not a lot, but some. And it actually works quite well. The only complaint I have is that for someone that just joins the guild, they can expect 1 upgrade after a couple of weeks of raiding (if they have competition for same item) and then nothing for a couple more weeks while they wait for decay to come into play. But this isnt a thread about EPGP so yeah..... =D
Helpunot

Postby Zibey » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:45 am

@topic
Well looking at my gear and reading bout DRs on avoidance I am unsure if it isnt reasonable to find my 42 block rating libram ^^.
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

sethekk libram

Postby Kurgen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:24 pm

I may be wrong and have no maths, but I was under the impression that cons is basically an unused ability after 3.0 unless there are 4+ targets. Add to that the (fact~ thought i read some where anyhow) that consecrate was doing much more damage now, is the 5.5 dmg a tick really worth it now?

If I am misguided please let me know, i think i will stick with BR libram on bosses and cons libram for mega-trash pulling.
Image Image
Kurgen

Postby Eanin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:09 pm

That's basically what I'm going to do. I'm going back to the Libram of Repentance for most purposes, using the Consecrate libram for AoE tanking. That's not so bad, anyway, since the defense changes are pushing me under 102.4% as it is (I'm exactly there now), so the extra BR will get me back up there.
Eanin

Postby Candiru » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:33 pm

open biding system seem to work best, with cap on bids for offspecs.

Means if no-one else but you wants an item, you get it very cheap (half the RP gained from 1 boss kill)

If other people want the item you bid for it, the person its a bigger upgrade for bids more and gets it. Or the person who has been on more raids and so is more reliable can outbid someone else on it.

If only one person wants an item, it should go for negligible RP, anything else is stupid!
Candiru

Postby hotlips » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:09 am

I don't have the BV libram, so I'm gonna use http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=27484 the concecration libram doesn't add much dmg imo.
hotlips

Postby Kethion » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:15 pm

kvark wrote:annoying how that libram never drops :(
We've only seen two since the end of April :<
Kethion

Postby aureon » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:05 pm

3 tankadins in the guild, one dropped in 24 kills.
luckyly, i got it !
aureon

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK