Remove Advertisements

shield of templar reduces dmg by 3%

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mavrix » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:52 pm

Omatre wrote:And I'd just like to reiterate why patience is a good thing.

Patience is fine. So is communication of needs.
If you never ask the question, the answer is always "no".
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Macha » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:23 pm

Omatre wrote:And I'd just like to reiterate why patience is a good thing.

Actually, this showed the opposite: Sometimes, complaining can go a long way. GC went from "you're fine, lol." to "Okay, you're maybe right somewhat, and it can't hurt"
Macha

Postby Norrath » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Actually, I'm pretty sure GC was already taking the SotT change into account in her "it's fine" posts.
Norrath

Postby Omatre » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:45 pm

Or, she had the data that you and I did not.

She knew what was coming, and she was confident in stating that the differences were nothing to fret over. Why there was no revealing of this previously, well, everyone has handlers.

And I wasn't saying to stop talking about differences. I'm saying that changes are always going to be evident, in one form or another, positive or negative, so sometimes, patience will allow for those changes to take place by natural needs alone. I think the noise ratio from paladins in the official forums is deafening at times. Even with this boost to 3% to mitigation, people just glassed over it and bitched about something else. Some people will never be happy I suppose, until you let them login and type /godmode, and just let the game play itself for them and they just hit need on the purples. I feel it safe to assume that as age of the player scales, their perception for change scales with it also.

There weren't many patches in BC that didn't have some form or another of balance for 1 class or another. Expecting that concept to change would be nonsensical. They constantly monitor things, and if their true goal is basically tank homogenization, then they will continue to tweak and "turn dials" as she's said, till they feel its suitable.
Is that always going to be in line with what you or I feel are suitable. Maybe, maybe not, but the fact remains, its their baby, you and I just change the diapers and feed it while they're working :lol:
Omatre

Postby Telvannis » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:53 pm

I believe I'm not the only one that will say this...

HELL YEAH.
"When the first link of chain is forged, the first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, it chains us all irrevocably."
Telvannis

Postby Macha » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:44 pm

Norrath wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure GC was already taking the SotT change into account in her "it's fine" posts.

In which case their information policy failed for Paladins alone - which I kinda doubt. More likely is that they simply overlooked it.
Macha

Postby Norrath » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:14 am

Considering how adamant GC was that paladins and warriors were more or less equal?

No, I seriously believe she was taking the change into account.
Norrath

Postby Extermi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:15 am

I was kind of expecting these fine-tweaks to happen - the difference between 6% from RF and 10% from DS was simply too obvious. With 9% and the option to reach 12% like druids, but also:

- Having this buffable to other tanks
- Having this not stack with Grace

It seems quite fair to me. That said, its still a pity that it is a decision between Sanc and Kings.

So, what is left on the agenda ?
-> Role when not tanking. Cant DPS properly without taking damage or JotW (unreachable), cant heal without Illumination (nearly unreachable) and deeper Holy talents
-> Something that feels more interactive and fun than the 696969 rotation all day. Hey if they get Heroic Leap implemented one day, this would be cool for Paladins (and fitting by lore).

Extermi
Extermi

Postby Mortehl » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:34 am

Boy, you guys who are not playing on the beta are going to be so surprised at how protadins actually stand up to warriors in raid when Wrath goes live.

Oh and yay for the change =)
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:36 am

Omatre wrote:Or, she had the data that you and I did not.

Yet she just didn't bother to tell us this instead of opted to keep us in the dark till we became intolerable? <_<
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Eneru » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:12 pm

Mortehl now your sig does not need the "increase RF to 10% and we're done!"

I'm glad GC listened to all the theorycrafters of our comunity. Well done guys!
Last edited by Eneru on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eneru

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:31 pm

Norrath wrote:Considering how adamant GC was that paladins and warriors were more or less equal?

Or, he was wrong.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Norrath » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:41 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Norrath wrote:Considering how adamant GC was that paladins and warriors were more or less equal?

Or, he was wrong.

I acknowledge it's possible.

I don't see it, though.
Norrath

Postby Emilia » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:54 pm

It is happy times indeed, if they also give us something compared to that critical block that be the cherry at the top on the cake. Also a new 11 point talent would be fun.
Emilia

Postby Harlequina » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Mortehl wrote:Boy, you guys who are not playing on the beta are going to be so surprised at how protadins actually stand up to warriors in raid when Wrath goes live.

Oh and yay for the change =)

Willing to wait, see, and experience it. :p

Damn I haven't even tried stuff on PTR... Not that everyone has really, but still.
Harlequina

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK