Remove Advertisements

What are we best at? Mitigating steady damage. Lock PLS.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:47 pm

steadypal wrote:
snowwight wrote:We aren't really "way ahead" of where we are currently. We're 3% ahead, and another 2% to spells.

you counting the 3% from bosanc or the assumed added 3% to shield of the templar that is not implemented yet 1 week prior to when the patch is supposed to hit...

Ok seriously, this ridiculous wild speculation about the patch hitting really needs to stop.

Just because they are ending an arena season DOES NOT MEAN they need to release a content patch. It also doesn't mean they need to release the 3.0 content patch, they could easily release an update to 2.4.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Splug » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:53 pm

As 3.0 is the patch currently on the PTR's, it seems likely that it will be the next released - no sense in releasing something untested when there's a version in testing. However, while it is likely that it will be released coinciding with the end of the arena season, there was no explicit statement, nor is there any reason why the patch couldn't just be delayed another week (even if the Tuesday release date was intended at some point).

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Racolus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:42 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Racolus wrote:Yeah, so we are mitigating a little behind (meh, or match), have tanking tools a little behind, and our threat also a little behind.

What are we GOOD at?
I don't know, but you are good at whining. It's stated that our threat is borderline op in comparison to the other tanks.

Our mitigation is not behind.
ON DEMAND mitigation is behind. Overall mitigation is close on the lines of 0,X% fraction. If THAT concerns you than you have more to worry about.
And tanking tools... Please tell me, what is behind? The only think I can openly state I'm missing is a single target direct taunt.

Please tell me if you not notice the difference between shield wall and our bubble wall.

Please tell me if you not notice warriors have spell reflect and we have nothing.

Please tell me if you not notice our hammer need to be talented to get 30 sec cd, while warriors are having their concussion blow BUILD IN on 30 sec.

There is a fine line between whinning and pointing out the problem. All I have done in here is keep asking 'What is our edge?'.

You can decide to fool yourself by overlooking our short comings, but the rest of us, at least me, decided to face the fact and think how can we overcome these.
Racolus

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:44 pm

Lurk more.
Levantine

Postby Sharlos » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:01 pm

Levantine wrote:Lurk more.

Troll Moar? :P
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby Drathian » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Racolus wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Racolus wrote:Yeah, so we are mitigating a little behind (meh, or match), have tanking tools a little behind, and our threat also a little behind.

What are we GOOD at?
I don't know, but you are good at whining. It's stated that our threat is borderline op in comparison to the other tanks.

ON DEMAND mitigation is behind. Overall mitigation is close on the lines of 0,X% fraction. If THAT concerns you than you have more to worry about.
And tanking tools... Please tell me, what is behind? The only think I can openly state I'm missing is a single target direct taunt.

Please tell me if you not notice the difference between shield wall and our bubble wall.

Please tell me if you not notice warriors have spell reflect and we have nothing.

Please tell me if you not notice our hammer need to be talented to get 30 sec cd, while warriors are having their concussion blow BUILD IN on 30 sec.

There is a fine line between whinning and pointing out the problem. All I have done in here is keep asking 'What is our edge?'.

You can decide to fool yourself by overlooking our short comings, but the rest of us, at least me, decided to face the fact and think how can we overcome these.

For the last time, Bubble-wall is 50% because it interacts with Ardent Defender. It's MORE POWERFUL than Shield Wall.

Spell-reflect is a gimmick ability. If every tanking class absolutely needed it, they'd have it.

And at least we have Hammer of Justice baseline. They don't have concussion blow baseline.

30 seconds is more than short enough for anything a boss will do that absolutely has to be interrupted. It's a last resort type of thing, the DPS should be taking care of this anyway.
Drathian

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:03 pm

Don't forget that when 3.0 hits, they're nerfing raid boss HP and damage output, so, yaknow, wouldn't worry about the threat needed for Brutallus, and his damage output will be nerfed, too.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby knaughty » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Point of the thread now moot due to recent changes, we're ahead of warriors in certain situations.

Take QQ -> WoW Forums.

Last few pages are useless QQ/anti-QQ - OP requests lock.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:22 pm

Knaughty wrote:Point of the thread now moot due to recent changes, we're ahead of warriors in certain situations.

Take QQ -> WoW Forums.

Last few pages are useless QQ/anti-QQ - OP requests lock.

Last.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:26 pm

NO I AM
Levantine

Postby Sharlos » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 pm

Levantine wrote:NO I AM

Nuh Uh
Sharlos

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 pm

Racolus wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

What are we GOOD at?

Ardent defender + bubble wall = 65% reduction. In any situation you'd actually need bubblewall, it's better than shield wall.
Spell reflect is how it is right now. Dunno what to say.
Hammer CD? Like I cared. IF you look closely, there's no raid encounter where interrupts are sensitive and there isn't anyone dpsing that toon with you exactly because of the interrupt.

Unless they make an interrupt-sensitive encounter where dps can't be with you at all, then a full 60 sec cd on ours isn't an issue.

Racolus wrote:You can decide to fool yourself by overlooking our short comings, but the rest of us, at least me, decided to face the fact and think how can we overcome these.
You decide to fool yourself by overlooking our sellers, but the rest of us, at least me, decided to face the fact and think how we don't have half as many issues as it looks like.

See what I did there?

You see a problem and explodes about it. I see the same problem and don't see it as a problem at all.
Who is right? I'm waiting for your argument. "Because warriors have it" is not a valid one unless it makes a big difference in the encounter.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:41 pm

Sharlos wrote:

Nuh Uh

You lie.
Levantine

Postby Selinaria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Ardent defender + bubble wall = 65% reduction. In any situation you'd actually need bubblewall, it's better than shield wall.
Spell reflect is how it is right now. Dunno what to say.
Hammer CD? Like I cared. IF you look closely, there's no raid encounter where interrupts are sensitive and there isn't anyone dpsing that toon with you exactly because of the interrupt.

Unless they make an interrupt-sensitive encounter where dps can't be with you at all, then a full 60 sec cd on ours isn't an issue.

Pretty much this and the argument should end now.....Paladins are fine.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Sharlos » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:50 pm

Levantine wrote:
Sharlos wrote:

Nuh Uh

You lie.

O'Rly?
Sharlos

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK