Taunt/Interrupt

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Erendis » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:16 pm

I'm fine with our taunt. As often as it is a bad thing for me it is also a good thing. If we juts get a single target taunt it'll make us even more like warrior clones IMO.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby tullock » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:26 pm

So i dont know how many good glyphs warriors can get, but they have one that makes mocking blow a taunt, its called glyph of barbaric insults.
tullock
Maintankadonor

Postby Sharlos » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:30 pm

Erendis wrote:I'm fine with our taunt. As often as it is a bad thing for me it is also a good thing. If we juts get a single target taunt it'll make us even more like warrior clones IMO.

How on earth do you rationalise that? Paladins and Warriors re very different classes.
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby Dantriges » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:38 pm

Tullock wrote:So i dont know how many good glyphs warriors can get, but they have one that makes mocking blow a taunt, its called glyph of barbaric insults.

So I can curse and call you names like a madman now, while hitting you now, because it stands right int his this handy manual, eh glyph? :D

Somehow I find the name of the glyph funny. :D
Dantriges

Postby tullock » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Yeah, i laughed when i saw it in the ah, had to read it to see if it was even a real glyph
tullock
Maintankadonor

Postby Mavrix » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:00 pm

We do need a second taunt, ideally of a single target variety . . . we always have needed one. "OK warrior buddy who is tanking 2 mobs, get ready to taunt the one you want to keep, I have to use my tripletaunt to get the one you don't want off of you." Such a non-fun work around.
And let me tell you it just plain sucks being told that a paladin is the tank some people don't want for Brutallus or Kalecgos because if our taunt fails when it's time to swap and we don't have a backup . . . .
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Warcraft » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:16 pm

Other tanking classes have had their taunts upgraded from 5 yards to 20, I think the only logical solution is to give our taunt a 160 yard range.

But seriously, I was satisfied when they changed it to a 10 second cooldown. Having it cost no mana, not trigger the GCD, and be castable on my actual target without using a macro were all just icing on the cake. I really couldn't ask for more.

Having it effect more targets than it has to only adds to my fun factor. I like the notion of Paladins still being optimized for threat on several enemies, despite the fact everyone now could tank several enemies.

And I like the synergy and teamwork it forces when it actually is crucial that you only peel one mob. "Other tank, I'm taunting. Get ready to taunt back!"
Warcraft

Postby Amarant_Pally » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:19 pm

Warcraft wrote:And I like the synergy and teamwork it forces when it actually is crucial that you only peel one mob. "Other tank, I'm taunting. Get ready to taunt back!"

This.

My soon-to-be-DK offtank and I have already discussed how we're going to handle 4 Horsemen in Nax10.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Extermi » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:49 pm

I am fine with one 10 sec taunt. The only change needed is the mechanics. As you remember, a few patches ago you could only cast it on a friedly target, needing targettarget macros. This is now build-in but works the same. What is needed:

Target is friendly -> Taunt up to 3 hostiles that aggro this target
Target is hostile -> Taunt exactly this target (and not the 2 additional ones)

Simple, easy, problem solved. Could even be tweaked by macros to whatever behavior one likes (mouseover is cool for taunting with grid, etc.).

Extermi
Extermi

Postby knaughty » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:02 am

Extermi wrote:(1) Target is friendly -> Taunt up to 3 hostiles that aggro this target
(2) Target is hostile -> Taunt exactly this target (and not the 2 additional ones)

While I'd accept this solution as a workable option I'd prefer a separate single-target taunt on a long CD (30sec or so - whatever AE taunt is on for other classes).

That said, I actually do use the "target one mob, taunt, grab 3" feature at Felmyst when collecting skellies - when I see one skelly get loose during roundup phase and peel towards a healer, I tag it, hit taunt, and two random skellies from the other side of the map usually start running at me as well.

I grant you it could be macroed, but still, PITA - if I'm going to need two taunt buttons, I'd rather actually have two spells rather than one spell with wierd mechanics depending on target or targetoftarget.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Mica » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:07 am

Challenging shout and roar are both 3 min cd's btw. Just wanted to clarify that, someone mentioned they were 10 mins.
Mica

Postby Extermi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:09 am

@Knaughty: In my proposal, only a single button whould be needed - that is the beauty of it. If you target the one skeleton running at the healer you get that one. If you target the healer, you the the ones from the other side as well, for good or bad. In todays implementation, you always get 3 whatever you do or macro.

Extermi
Extermi

Postby Norrath » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:11 am

Mica wrote:Challenging shout and roar are both 3 min cd's btw. Just wanted to clarify that, someone mentioned they were 10 mins.

That was me. The 10 min CD is live, the 3 min CD is WotLK. Sorry for the misinformation; I forgot they changed it.
Norrath

Postby Mutley » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:14 am

My idea for a single target taunt.

Judgements of the Just
Attack speed reduction 10%/20% as it is now
Your judgement of justice also taunts the target.

Gives us a 10/9/8 second cd taunt, and makes the judgement actually usefull.
Mutley
Vek'nilash EU
Mutley

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:18 am

Erendis wrote:I'm fine with our taunt. As often as it is a bad thing for me it is also a good thing. If we juts get a single target taunt it'll make us even more like warrior clones IMO.

And giving warriors and druids our trade-mark ranged taunt is cool?
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK