Where is the new Protection 11 1-Point Talent?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:30 am

we arent getting a 11 pt talent and we are not getting 3% dr in templar talent, we never got new and fun talents deep in the tree, we dont get much feedback on the beta forums... so stop worrying...

hopefully we'll get this by 2009
steadypal

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:03 am

kvark wrote:kings is still there, manatap is gone. I use manatap a lot, it's a great skill when AS is on CD for pulling caster groups.
I was talking about kings, bud.

And mana tap being gone... C'mon? Can't you wait the 30 secs of it's cd? It's an excuse to fill mana before fighting. There is ONE thing I miss that mana tap gave me: An arcane type pull for those mobs in arc that go resist to the damage they take.

steadypal wrote:we arent getting a 11 pt talent and we are not getting 3% dr in templar talent, we never got new and fun talents deep in the tree, we dont get much feedback on the beta forums... so stop worrying...

Chill
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:06 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
kvark wrote:kings is still there, manatap is gone. I use manatap a lot, it's a great skill when AS is on CD for pulling caster groups.
I was talking about kings, bud.

And mana tap being gone... C'mon? Can't you wait the 30 secs of it's cd? It's an excuse to fill mana before fighting. There is ONE thing I miss that mana tap gave me: An arcane type pull for those mobs in arc that go resist to the damage they take.

steadypal wrote:we arent getting a 11 pt talent and we are not getting 3% dr in templar talent, we never got new and fun talents deep in the tree, we dont get much feedback on the beta forums... so stop worrying...

Chill

The new Arcane Torrent is actually better since it's a percentage return IMHO. No more of this - TAP,TAP,TAP for a for a shitty little mana return. It's now 6% and pretty damn nice.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:10 am

Like I said, I know I won't miss tap, and the torrent got twice better being independent and off-gcd.

I used to use tap a lot since I'm 0/40/21, but now that AS is actually desirable 100% of the time, and sanctity isn't there, I won't miss tap at all.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Andryana » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:15 am

But i liked to tap.. i thought it fitted the race since we are mana junkies and all.

It would have been awesome if they made something like, if you didnt mana tapped three times in a hour and used an arcane torrent your character would get in withdrawal and started to feel dizzy ;)

On a more serious note, i liked mana tap to pull, i still hope they make another racial for us.
Andryana

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:21 am

Andryana wrote:But i liked to tap.. i thought it fitted the race since we are mana junkies and all.

It would have been awesome if they made something like, if you didnt mana tapped three times in a hour and used an arcane torrent your character would get in withdrawal and started to feel dizzy ;)

On a more serious note, i liked mana tap to pull, i still hope they make another racial for us.
Yes, it fits. Now every time my scrawny belf says "My mana tap brings all the boys to the yard" I'll weep in silence that I cannot tap mah mana anymore.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Tronden » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:26 am

Hey, how about this?

Beacon (mmmm more bacon for paladins!) of Defense:
Your Devotion Aura also increases Defense Rating by <insert static number or percentage here>

It could provide extra mitigation (which everybody is QQ'ing about) and provides a benefit to your co-tank (whether you are main or off). I also think it would be a nice balance to the newly buffed Retribution Aura - might make you think of using Devotion! (This is a reference to a general Mitigation vs Threat threads).

Thanks,

Tronden of Runetotem
Tronden

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:36 am

Devotion is use-ready, no need to buff it further. Imp Devo is an excellent filler and can be acquired without zomgbloating the tree.

Rather, I'll clone warcraft's idea that I read some days ago.

Glowy Pink Mighty Powerranger Aura sacred Shield of Happy funtimery(or whatever name you want to give)
X% mana cost
Y seconds cooldown(40?60?)
When activated, this ability will trigger an effect based on the aura you have active.

Devotion Aura: Absorbs physical damage(bubble)
Retribution Aura: Returns Z% of the damage taken on the next hit, up to a certain amount(very similar to Eye for Eye, but triggered instead of a proc)
<type> resistance aura: Absorbs <type> damage(elemental wards)
Concentration Aura: Cannot be interrupted or silenced for I seconds.
Crusader Aura: Breaks a going fear effect and cannot be feared for J seconds.

The only flaw in this is the gcd, but if you put auras on a different GCD, this ability would be, like, perfect.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Conaan! » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:38 am

Snake-Aes wrote:

better yet, save your guildies time, "gives you a raid warning to change your aura"
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:41 am

actually on devo topic, it "SHOULD" be 3% dmg reduction rolled into that...

think about it, tree druid in raid, WTF devo aura doesnt stack its useless, just more armor

make it 3% DR, and we good.... then we dont have to get shield of the templar until we reach lvl 75..
steadypal

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:42 am

steadypal wrote:actually on devo topic, it "SHOULD" be 3% dmg reduction rolled into that...

think about it, tree druid in raid, WTF devo aura doesnt stack its useless, just more armor

make it 3% DR, and we good.... then we dont have to get shield of the templar until we reach lvl 75..
Hm, how is "just more armor" bad?
damage reduction buffs are scarce, we have basically grace and sanctuary, no need to make them default.

Templar being a bad place for the 3% dr because we don't have ShoR before 75 is... a terribly far fetched complaint.
Last edited by Snake-Aes on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:43 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Devotion is use-ready, no need to buff it further. Imp Devo is an excellent filler and can be acquired without zomgbloating the tree.

Rather, I'll clone warcraft's idea that I read some days ago.

Glowy Pink Mighty Powerranger Aura sacred Shield of Happy funtimery(or whatever name you want to give)
X% mana cost
Y seconds cooldown(40?60?)
When activated, this ability will trigger an effect based on the aura you have active.

Devotion Aura: Absorbs physical damage(bubble)
Retribution Aura: Returns Z% of the damage taken on the next hit, up to a certain amount(very similar to Eye for Eye, but triggered instead of a proc)
<type> resistance aura: Absorbs <type> damage(elemental wards)
Concentration Aura: Cannot be interrupted or silenced for I seconds.

The only flaw in this is the gcd, but if you put auras on a different GCD, this ability would be, like, perfect.

Nice. Personally I want some sort of "Variety" talent that makes the tanking break away from the rotation. I read splug's post about DK tanking and how it depends on what runes are up and previous strike hitting. That kind of interactivity appeals to me on some level.

I'm thinking something that mixes up the rotation like S&B (I think it's S&B) does. Either enabling a new strike or resetting a CD on judgement or a free consecrate. Dunno.

And the Auras need to be off the GCD like last year. And they need to stack (the resistance ones anyway).
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:46 am

steadypal wrote: just more armor

*boggle*

1291.5 Armor at level 70 is "just more armor"?
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:10 pm

lusisia wrote:
steadypal wrote: just more armor

*boggle*

1291.5 Armor at level 70 is "just more armor"?

my point is tree in group we dont get the reason most spec imp devo, let them stack

give imp devo 1/2/3% dr that = WIN
steadypal

Postby fiorina » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:25 pm

12:00 PM - Blizzard is already manufacturing discs and putting the final touches to WotLK

11pt. talent in your face, right there :))
fiorina
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK