Where is the new Protection 11 1-Point Talent?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Seraphia » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:51 am

That's one thing I honestly don't expect to see. Maybe they'll make a totally mundane and boring 11 point talent, but I can't recall a tree ever not having one.
-Seraphia <Slap in the Face> : Doomhammer
Seraphia

Postby q111 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:31 am

I hope someone @ Blizzcon will ask for it, but here's my new idea:

Prepared Guardian
Instant, 5 Minutes Cooldown
Not on GCD

Instant reset the Cooldown on all Paladin abilities with a cooldown shorter than 15 Minutes (not Divine Intervention and Lay on Hands) and remove Forbearance.

That would be our "Last Stand": We can instantly reset all our cooldowns and it removes Forbearance, so we can use Divine Protection again. And it also would be interresting for all other Paladin specs.
q111

Postby Bobness » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:37 am

^^ Very samey with other classes, But I must admit it's a nice idea... still might be OP not sure though tbh
Bobness

Postby lusisia » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:39 am

Improved Crusader Aura
Increases the speed bonus of your Crusader Aura by 1%

True story from the inside.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby maximilliann » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:43 am

I have a theory for this. I think that the 11 pt talent is a gab closer that looks like the heroic leap talent for warriors. It was replaced by something that would about do the same effect only it is pvp oriented for fury warriors.

That talent was buggy and was removed because it would have been a great effort to debug at this point in their development cycle but it would probably be available for the next patch or the other one.

Also, if it was an something else like an additionnal interrupt, fear breaker or another attack, it would have been implemented much earlier or even now because they are still adding new talents to the game or adjusting the existing ones.

So right now, they are concentrating on balancing the stuff but you can bet that they will look at this as soon as the expansion is shipping.

What do you think?
maximilliann

Postby Bobness » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:48 am

lusisia wrote:Improved Crusader Aura

You are ofc joking ?

although the uproar it would cause would be outstanding
Bobness

Postby Papewaio » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:54 am

Bobness wrote:

You are ofc joking ?

Indeed. /nerdrage at a retribution spell being buffed in the prot tree :wink:
Papewaio

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:55 am

Papewaio wrote:
Bobness wrote:

You are ofc joking ?

Indeed. /nerdrage at a retribution spell being buffed in the prot tree :wink:
YOu do know we don't have many prot spells, right? I'm talking about seal of justice and auras here
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:23 am

maximilliann wrote:I have a theory for this. I think that the 11 pt talent is a gab closer that looks like the heroic leap talent for warriors. It was replaced by something that would about do the same effect only it is pvp oriented for fury warriors.

That talent was buggy and was removed because it would have been a great effort to debug at this point in their development cycle but it would probably be available for the next patch or the other one.

Fordering was jumping at the Lich King. Why not? But 11 Point Prot would be nice also for our Ret Brothers. They would all specc 10 points in prot to get this. And so the question with BoK for Ret would be answerd forever.

Hope they do!
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby lusisia » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:48 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:
maximilliann wrote:I have a theory for this. I think that the 11 pt talent is a gab closer that looks like the heroic leap talent for warriors. It was replaced by something that would about do the same effect only it is pvp oriented for fury warriors.

Fordering was jumping at the Lich King. Why not? But 11 Point Prot would be nice also for our Ret Brothers. They would all specc 10 points in prot to get this. And so the question with BoK for Ret would be answerd forever.

Hope they do!

Tirion is like a freaking bunny rabbit anytime the LK is around. There's another quest later on in Icecrown where he does the same damn thing.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby kvark » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:14 am

I miss the 11 pointer less that mana tap. WTB new racial =)
kvark

Postby Brand » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:22 am

Honestly, I don't think we're getting one. Due to the lack of communication from GC on the Beta forums where we're getting to the point of having to get our info from other classes forums, shines a huge light on things. For whatever reason, our class has seen this kind of treatment in the past and it's not looking to change anytime soon. I think the lack of 11-pt talent is just the period at the end of that particular statement.
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun." - Zap Rowsdower
Brand

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:32 am

kvark wrote:I miss the 11 pointer less that mana tap. WTB new racial =)
You don't miss it because you still have it. What is wrong about having an 11 - pointer? I don't even care if it's stupid and terribad and stops me from getting a pony, just put one there so I can finally not have to think about that extra point in my spec.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby kvark » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:18 am

kings is still there, manatap is gone. I use manatap a lot, it's a great skill when AS is on CD for pulling caster groups.
kvark

Postby Karock » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:28 am

Avenging Guardian 1/1: Your character now displays golden glowing wings permanently. Your corpse has a 60% chance to dance until resurrected.
Karock

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK