Where is the new Protection 11 1-Point Talent?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby gmf1 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:47 pm

I want an 11 point talent :( doesnt even need to be that good.

atm i get 5/5 kings / 5/5 divine strength
5/5 anticipation
3/3 imp rf / 5/5 toughness
1/1 Sanctuary

but that isnt enough to get the next teir you need one more point for sacred duty and 1h spec so that 1 point atm needs to go in one of the other less desirable talent like reckoning. Im a perfectioninst and putting 1 point in something (other then imp judgements i can deal with that) pains me.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby Mithos » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:12 pm

WotLK might be being put on to disks atm, but is it not mostly textures and models etc? The content like talents etc is being covered in 3.0 which isn't finished yet.
Mithos

Postby Amarant_Pally » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:20 pm

Mithos wrote:WotLK might be being put on to disks atm, but is it not mostly textures and models etc? The content like talents etc is being covered in 3.0 which isn't finished yet.

Hell, Blizzard could sell us blank discs and just patch everything in, for all it really matters.

All you *really* by at your local game store is the Account Key to enable your account, anyway, since so much changes through patches (like we how we've seen tier-armor models change).
Amarant_Pally

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:27 pm

Mithos wrote:WotLK might be being put on to disks atm, but is it not mostly textures and models etc? The content like talents etc is being covered in 3.0 which isn't finished yet.

Yeah you'll almost certainly download a patch after installing wotlk. However, in the warrior forum GC all but said adding new active abilities aren't going to happen between now and release. There's too much overhead involved with that it seems.

I do feel like our tree is incomplete, and I'm not sure GC would disagree with that based on his earlier comments. It's an odd feeling having your polish pass just be a consolidation and reshuffle with nothing new and some holes left behind.

Hopefully they do address it shortly.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Mithos » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 am

Well, they're at least 3 buidls ahead, so let's hope ;).
Mithos

Postby Keion » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:15 am

I'd like a mini holy nova. Maybe talent that causes your consecration to heal allies. As it is not so deep in prot it must be useful for other trees.
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby gmf1 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:27 am

Ok i have the best idea ever it might have to be 21 point though.

Not even guna try making a tooltip up ille just give my idea.

taunt the target breaking fear, i duno maybe channell holy power making you not scared and making the boss attack you as your shiny :)

I don't see how warriors can break fear and we cant palldins in lore are uber, there not scared of anything, this would fit lore and be something we need.

Edit for reasoning.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:00 am

3 days till the patch hits live, no signs of a new build on ptr until then, we are screwed, we arent getting ANYTHING, blizzard fails at pally fixing... hopefully before the xpac??? or hopefully before 2009?
steadypal

Postby Grigsby » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:05 am

What's gonna happen - Patch is going to go live - Blizzard will get inundated with Whines and Complaints from the 1000's of 12-yr old players who wanted to dps as a prot paladin (Just cause they could) and dont have an 11-pt talent.

Someone at blizzard will get fired (The guy putting in the talent by WotLK) and we will be without a 11-pt talent until Warcraft 2.

As for me - Meh, My gear got to a certain level, and Kings became 25 man buff only, at which point we had Holy/Prot spec pallies that would take kings. (Used Sanctuary after that to laugh at 10 mobs beating on me and losing 30-40 points of damage a hit, out of a 19k health pool).
Grigsby

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:07 am

Grigsby wrote:What's gonna happen - Patch is going to go live - Blizzard will get inundated with Whines and Complaints from the 100's of players who wanted to dps as a prot paladin (Just cause they could) and dont have an 11-pt talent.

Someone at blizzard will get fired (The guy putting in the talent by WotLK) and we will be without a 11-pt talent until Warcraft 2.

Warcraft 2 came out in 1995 :wink:
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby crabcrouton » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Someone just asked it and their answer is:
Uh we're not sure yet.
We don't want Paladins and Warriors to be too similar. (Hinting that it won't be a Last Stand ability, sorry guys).
crabcrouton

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:58 pm

They also hinted that they want to see where the Paladins are having the most trouble and give us something to deal with that.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to WotLK