Attack Deflected

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:29 am

@ ziggyunderslashone, do you have any proof, that it is in fact any different then parry?

Ok, it says deflected, not parry in combat log. But appart from that, do you know anything that is in fact (proofen, tried out) different?
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:37 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:@ ziggyunderslashone, do you have any proof, that it is in fact any different then parry?

It says "Deflect" as opposed to "Parry".

But ok, if people are seeing it as you stated. A 10-15% deflection rate in the absence of parry, then we can say it has parry like qualities.

I still feel we should avoid calling it parry as it clouds the issue of what it effectively does.
ziggyunderslashone

Postby Selinaria » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:52 am

Running a quick test right now on boss level target dummy.

Going from 0 expertise to as much as I can slap on in two separate tests, will see what happens and report back.
Last edited by Selinaria on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:59 am

Selinaria wrote:Running a quick test right now on boss level target dummy.

Ooh, do they still exist?

I'm on euro beta, and they've dissapeared from the dalaran sewer system. I was most annoyed.
ziggyunderslashone

Postby Selinaria » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:05 am

Not sure if you are horde or alliance but I know they are still up in Org, UC even though they were removed from Dalaran.

Still working on numbers, takes time to get high enough sample of a move on a 6 second CD grrr. So far running at about 11% parry and 6% dodge though.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:10 am

Alliance, but I do have a premade character copy left. I'll have a look for them.

Keep us updated!

edit: hurrah! http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?npc=30527
ziggyunderslashone

Postby Selinaria » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:32 am

First test :
Code: Select all
200 uses at 0 expertise
155 hits 77.5%
23 deflections 11.5%
12 dodged 6.0%
10 crit 5%

Second test:
Code: Select all
200 uses at 23 expertise
177 hits 88.5%
10 deflections 5%
0 dodged 0%
13 crits 6.5%

I cheated the numbers a bit but in all honesty given the layout of the target dummies I wouldn't be able to avoid hitting more than one target with hammer. So basically there was 100 hits on a boss level dummy and 100 hits on a level 80 dummy each time. I can say with certainty that NONE of the parries in the second test came from the level 80 dummy whereas in the first test some did.

While I wouldn't call this sample conclusive given the sample size and slight taint due to 2 targets of different level, it does seem to lean towards expertise reducing deflections.
Selinaria

Postby Origon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:42 am

Can a player deflect? or only mobs, might be useful to try to grab a holy pally or something and try to force a deflect on them to see if you get hasted due to it
Origon

Postby Selinaria » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:44 am

Origon wrote:Can a player deflect? or only mobs, might be useful to try to grab a holy pally or something and try to force a deflect on them to see if you get hasted due to it

I know when I was dueling Fridmarr, we were both deflecting the other's hammer + I have gotten a rare deflect in BT (can't recall which mob you can deflect, obviously something with a magical melee attack of some sort, might be trash on the way to Shade of Akama).

Can't say for sure about parry haste yet though.
Selinaria

Postby Origon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:56 am

Might be worth checking the combat log for the melee swings if players can deflect.
Origon

Postby dmok » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:53 am

Selinaria wrote:I cheated the numbers a bit but in all honesty given the layout of the target dummies I wouldn't be able to avoid hitting more than one target with hammer. So basically there was 100 hits on a boss level dummy and 100 hits on a level 80 dummy each time. I can say with certainty that NONE of the parries in the second test came from the level 80 dummy whereas in the first test some did.

Would a better location for this not be in IF where the boss dummy is off on his own? Thus preventing any splash on HorR. (I dont know the location of any of the horde dummies. and am basing IF dummy location from PTR information)
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:56 am

Origon wrote:Might be worth checking the combat log for the melee swings if players can deflect.

I've multiple times deflected the stun from mobs in Karazhan and Blade's edge.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Origon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:12 am

I meant that as in check the speed of the melee swings around the deflect to see if they're sped up, since it'd be easy to tell with a player's combatlog data
Origon

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:59 am

Should be VERY easy to test that.

DK + Two Hand Weapon. Lots of Parry, slow swing. You should see after less then 10 Hammers if he got haste or not.
Sarkan-ZdC

Previous

Return to WotLK