Remove Advertisements

Shield of Righteousness

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Shield of Righteousness

Postby Dianora » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:08 pm

Ok, got to 75 on beta. First thing I did is The Amphitheater of Anguish and did about 40% of 75 with assorted quest.

2 things that jumped out at me about this spell:

1. It has no sound. Nothing, zippo. I'm so used to Hammer of the Righteous and the jack hammer sound. It's kind of difficult to adjust to a spell without much graphic (the shield bitch slap) and no sound.

2. There isn't much of damage range out of 1 hour of use. My minimum damage is 1470. My maximum damage is 1471, and Criical is 2940.
Last edited by Dianora on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Marklevin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:10 pm

on single targets the gonging sound from HotR is cool imo
Marklevin

Postby Lore » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:17 pm

It does a flat amount with a flat bonus, I dunno why you expected a damage range :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby stevebeiser » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:14 am

Is there any concern that the lack of this (core?) tanking ability at level 70 will hurt our overall threat output in the 3.0 patch before we can level to 75 to get it?
stevebeiser

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:20 am

Is there any concern that the lack of this (core?) tanking ability at level 70 will hurt our overall threat output in the 3.0 patch before we can level to 75 to get it?

na, not really.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:20 am

Our threat is already redicolous at 70, losing aggro is close to impossible.

Also, HotR is getting buffed soon as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Katamai » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:32 am

Worldie wrote:Our threat is already redicolous at 70, losing aggro is close to impossible.

Also, HotR is getting buffed soon as well.

Didn't HotR get buffed this last pass?
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:01 am

It did, but GC said they will boost it again.

Does actually make sense for our 51 pointer to be a proper threat skill doesn't it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Karock » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:03 am

The triple your weapon dps was a buff for fast speed weapons and remained about the same for slower weapons. Like if I lost or gained any damage with Rising Tide it was small enough that I didn't notice it.
Karock

Postby Solitatis » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:02 am

Worldie wrote:It did, but GC said they will boost it again.

Does actually make sense for our 51 pointer to be a proper threat skill doesn't it.

As I understodd GC's post. They wanted to make sure we did not use "warlock" weapons. Dont know if this is a "buff" or not. Time will tell.
Thought without action is a daydream.
Action without thought is a nightmare.
Solitatis

Postby QuantumDelta » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:09 am

Solitatis wrote:
Worldie wrote:It did, but GC said they will boost it again.

As I understodd GC's post. They wanted to make sure we did not use "warlock" weapons. Dont know if this is a "buff" or not. Time will tell.

even if it's not a direct TPS buff it would be a mitigation buff in most cases (armour on weapons, extra effective health from sta too, dodge, defence, expertise, parry all not on caster weapons)
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Solitatis » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:16 am

QuantumDelta wrote:even if it's not a direct TPS buff it would be a mitigation buff in most cases (armour on weapons, extra effective health from sta too, dodge, defence, expertise, parry all not on caster weapons)

Yes, but at the same time, I would be loosing Crit and hit from my ToC, wich IS a TPS drop.
Solitatis

Postby QuantumDelta » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:18 am

Crit is one of the least effective tanking stats (now and then) period.

Hit is on several tanking weapons, expertise is worth twice as much to us as Hit.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Solitatis » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:24 am

With crit affecting both melee and spell hit, it does become worth more. Defence, dodge and what not wont affect my TPS, Experties and hit will.

The point beeing, that when we switch to tanking weapons we loose some things, and that might be a TPS drop, as we are changeing from stats that boost out TPS, to stats that midigate damage. So to call it a boost (TPS boost) that we switching to tanking weapons may not be accurate, wich was my point in the start.

Edit: Sorry for going offtopic, original post was a about shield concirns, not changes done to 51-point talent
Solitatis

Postby Norrath » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:30 am

QuantumDelta wrote:Hit is on several tanking weapons, expertise is worth twice as much to us as Hit.

That's not strictly true.

For one thing, Hit affects more than Expertise does. Spells can't be dodged or parried, but they can "miss" (which is what a level-based resist is).

Secondly, as soon as we pass the Dodge cap, Hit = Expertise for threat on the abilities that are affected by both.

Expertise has the added benefit of reducing parry-gibs, though.
Norrath

Next

Return to WotLK