Remove Advertisements

Avenger's Shield Wonkyness

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Avenger's Shield Wonkyness

Postby sapientialb » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:43 am

Anyone having issues with AS doing truly odd things?

For example, I was in HMGT on the PTR yesterday and started to do the first pull of Wretched in the room with the first boss. I generally start with the two guys in the center on live just to give myself some room (ok so I'm a wuss) Well, I targeted one of the pair and hit AS, the graphic effect of the shield jumped all the way to the left group and then the whole room came.

Same issue in SH, I've been soloing some of it and I'll clear the left side of the 4 mobs there while the pathing Legionare (sp?) is on the far side. After I kill them, i wait for him to path back to the left but it doesnt seem to matter how far to the left he is, the shield still bounces to the right to hit the other side.

Anyone else notice the bounce range being weird?

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Lore » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:45 am

It did seem like they increased the bounce range on AS (and HotR) in this latest push.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Caelia » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:21 am

Lore wrote:It did seem like they increased the bounce range on AS (and HotR) in this latest push.
Yea, found this out in kara the hard way. full group of elites that fear = BAD
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby majiben » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:29 am

Forcing the new gylph on us just so we have a pulling tool that doesn't carry the risk of overpulling and wiping :-(.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby taerethel » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:59 am

I've had a few bad pulls because of the shield overbouncing.

Does anybody else wish that there was no daze effect? It just slows things down, especially when you are trying to LOS casters.
Taerethel 70 Prot Pally on Shadowmoon
taerethel

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:06 am

taerethel wrote:I've had a few bad pulls because of the shield overbouncing.

Does anybody else wish that there was no daze effect? It just slows things down, especially when you are trying to LOS casters.
It's to help with cc where we can still consecrate. Not that it matters much now >.>
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Orms » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am

taerethel wrote:I've had a few bad pulls because of the shield overbouncing.

/signed

On top of that, with the new 10 sec duration, and everyone glyphing it, it's a real hinderance because 4-5 other mobs get to you first and the target that you shield pulled, which has the nice threat chunk on it is lagging behind.
Orms

Postby Kelaan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:52 am

Body pull, and Shield toss once they're out of LOS of the other groups? (I know, that's a shitty workaround.)
Kelaan

Postby Tranz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:59 am

Kelaan wrote:Body pull, and Shield toss once they're out of LOS of the other groups? (I know, that's a shitty workaround.)

I don't know of many other 41 pt talents that you have to have to work to make useful, this kinda sucks.
Tranz

Postby Sunstrider » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:05 am

It just might not be that great for pulling in 5mans or dungeons, perhaps. But really complaining about it being our 41 point talent and needing to workaround for pulls cause of daze isn't as dire as you all make it out to be. They made it instant cast and its gonna be one awesome threat tool for raid bosses, I'm more excited about Avenger's Shield then I've ever been.

You guys are also forgetting about PVP, with our increase to DPS i'll go into battlegrounds as prot and do more then just run flags, and that 10 second daze will be very welcome in battlegrounds as I run up and Shield of the Righteous my target in the back. If for all that the only tradeoff is maybe my pulls in 5 man/heroics are a tad awkward I'll take it. I mean really its not that much of a handicap, if for some reason you need to use sheep it makes it easier on your mages, and even if not, in those 10 seconds aoe finish off the mobs and then just *gasp* single target the straggler dead.
Sunstrider

Postby DeadMilliken » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:09 am

As a proponent of Chain pulling, I suppose the extra bounciness.

As with boobs, I'm liking my shield being bouncy.
(*comeon, someone had too...it was too easy)
DeadMilliken

Postby dmok » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:18 am

I dont see the problem with the extra bouncing. Just single-target pull the group now, and with AS an instant-cast, throw it after they get out of "bounce" range. you still get all that snap-aggro, it's just a few seconds later than normal.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Re: Avenger's Shield Wonkyness

Postby Macawber » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:50 pm

sapientialb wrote:For example, I was in HMGT on the PTR yesterday and started to do the first pull of Wretched in the room with the first boss. I generally start with the two guys in the center on live just to give myself some room (ok so I'm a wuss) Well, I targeted one of the pair and hit AS, the graphic effect of the shield jumped all the way to the left group and then the whole room came.

I did the exact same thing, except it it the boss.
Macawber

Postby Rofladin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:49 pm

I did exactly the same thing in HMgT as well -- pulled the center two and got Selin Fireheart along with them. We fought him in the hall... lol. Good thing he's easymode.
Rofladin

Postby knaughty » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:33 pm

dmok wrote: Just single-target pull the group now.

Sure, I'll whip out my trusty Gun!

Wait.... I don't have a ranged weapon...

NP, I'll just nuke one!

Wait.... I don't have a nuke...

SHIT! :evil:

So what's this "single target pull" plan you have?
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Next

Return to WotLK