All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Base » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:01 am

InspiredOgre wrote:
Similar Perks!?!?!

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44063

ONE..... Minute..... Cooldown1!!!!on1!

Oh, its 10 seconds.... well, still...

Granted, it's nice, but the JC trinkets replace a normal trinket so in order to see what they get you should really take away the stats that a non profession trinket might have. The extra sockets for a BS are in addition to all of your normal gear.

Blacksmithing seems to give access to some nice starter gear, so if you aren't decked out in T6 atm chances are you find some nice upgrades available there.

Engineering, doesn't seem to have a huge amount going for it at the moment, but that's always been the case. There's the mote extractor, plus there is a helm and some toys.

From my point of view, there is no "WINNING PROFESSION." Just go with what you like the idea of and enjoy the benefits, whatever they may be.
Base

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:04 am

Tailoring is the winner, clearly FLYING CARPET > ALL
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby daemonym » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:33 am

currently enchanter/engineer and it's looking like i'll be staying that way. however once 80, depending on the bop creations, i may drop enchanting for BS or LW. if the bop items from BS are pretty sweet and not retarded hard to get ill take it. my logic is a bit fail on why i'm staying with engin/enchant for the mean time, but here it is.

engineering: fackin goggles baby! granted the price to max the skill is ludicrous, but once that's taken care of the return is totally worth it from the goggles so you arnt totally slacking on being a tank for some fun toys. the stam/tank trinkets look quite nice and so are the new bombs (goblins ftw). Also if the "eternals" are as profitable for me as the primals are, it's a fun/crafting/gathering profession rolled into one.

enchanting: while lvling up to 80 i'll be keeping this, if nothing else it will double my quest rewards (xp+money+de mats) and with all the random greens i find it also makes a good chunk of change once it's maxed and it's very conveinant.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Rachmaninoff » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:21 am

does anyone know if there are any BS plans in naxx? and is it true there are some new spell dmg weapons too??

my only thing with the JC trinkets is, these are blues... what are we going to see for epics? are the JC ones going to be better? or are the boss drop ones going to be better?

I don't have access to many wow sites... yay work!
Rachmaninoff

Postby Sober » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:28 am

Worldie wrote:Tailoring is the winner, clearly FLYING CARPET > ALL

I bet that healadin on my server that actually has 375 tailoring (he actually wears the PMC set) is laughing all the way to the bank when flying carpets come out...
Sober

Postby Conaan! » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:28 am

personally im sticking engineering/herbalism, especially with the rise in flask/mana pot prices on my realm, it helps to be able to farm them, and the self heal (1200 over 5 seconds) will help with leveling or low level dungeons (when you get that priest who lost his healing button), Engineering will provide great benefits if the grenades still work, for dhawk during bear runs i bring grenades to help pick up birds that get past me (resists/misses etc etc).

with eng/herb, you can farm very effectively, gathering herbs AND motes at same time.
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Drak » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:34 am

I plan on going BS/JC and then making my Hunter ENG/Mining. Only thing I'm really losing is the goggles, but there are some nice BS helms anyway. I figured having eng on my hunter would benefit him more with all the bullets and guns and whatnot, and if I really need injectors or something I can make them on him.
Drak

Postby Kellern » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:36 am

i'm sticking with engineering

because i'm going to be sat on a BADASS HOG no matter what.
Moonlight - Argent Dawn EU
Kellern

Postby Sunstrider » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:08 am

Herbing/mining/Profit professions thats for alts to take care.

Was enchanting/engineering and both have been dropped. Leveling up blacksmithing now along with mining, once I reach 80 and have maxed out blacksmithing I'm gonna drop mining because I can start leveling one of my alts who has mining, and pick up either JC or LW depending on which becomes stronger. The exclusives are the big picture, and the goggles are something I intend to replace through raids anyhow. What can't be replaced are exclusive sockets on bracers or gloves, plus whatever other bonuses might be coming blacksmiths way.
Sunstrider

Postby Mouse » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:24 pm

The Hog is Eng crafted, BOE, in case this hasn't been posted.
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby MomysLidlMonsta » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:47 am

Mouse wrote:The Hog is Eng crafted, BOE, in case this hasn't been posted.

I hope they change it, it's not like the flying carpet is boe either.

I guess I'll stick with Eng/Mining till one of my alts can handle Mining and then switch to JC...those 3 JC-only gems = win imo
MomysLidlMonsta

Previous

Return to WotLK