Remove Advertisements

PTR 3.0 Available Now.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Morn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:06 pm

Woah, must say I'm impressed by Ret's damage. I tried it with my terrible Ret gear. And by terrible I mean terrible: mostly the vendor bought PvP blues, unenchanted and ungemmed, a 90 DPS twohander, level 55 Dire Maul healing bracers, a healing ring that I've equipped for the +crit, Blackhand's Breadth (I didn't even know I still had it) and some other AH bought greens or blues. All in all about 1k AP unbuffed, 16% crit, 500 spellpower.

Now, I was farming at Tyr's Hand, yes, level 54-53 mobs, but I only came there in the first place because my twohand mace skill was 305. And in terms of hp, they have about the hp of a level 68-70 mob.

And like I said, I was impressed with the damage output. Stuff died, fast. I think the biggest change to Ret is probably the fact that CS and DS now proc seals,

Sustainability was also good. Pretty much unlimited mana and between fights an instant FoL meant I was unstoppable.

But yeah, this patch probably gives people the wrong idea. These talents weren't meant for level 70 as we know it. I mean, my paladin on the PTR that is specced Ret heals 25% more than my Holy specced paladin on live.
Morn

Postby fafhrd » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:15 pm

PsiVen wrote:and this patch is going to ruin pre-expansion PvP just as much as 2.0 did. Want to heal? Too bad, everybody dies in 2 seconds.

probably an unpopular opinion, but this is imo the best thing that can happen to pvp, i wish it could last - i hate heals prolonging fights in pvp, things should be decided in 3-5s, not in 10 minutes of "whose healer will get drained/LoS'd first". if a heal isn't being initiated, cast and landed in 2s, it should be likely your target is dead.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Jaedyn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:35 pm

Took a break from SH for a moment to comment on how strong heals are now. The change to shift BoL into our healing was a very good one.
Jaedyn

Postby Borten » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Wow, god i loved my paladin, but protection, i just got into ptr, put in a basic prot talent build, and went and soloed ramparts to see some numbers, god i don't know how but this class is just so much more fun for me than it was before, and i was happy with prot :D this is incredible, i hope we don't get any heavy prot nerfs cause it feels very stable to me
Borten

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:24 pm

Pious wrote:I haven't played as Warrior/Rogue/Deathknight - but are they also able to spam rotations like these without ever worrying about rage/energy/runic power?

yes.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Jaedyn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:29 pm

So...

I just got crushed by Sylvanas.

This is depressing.

Jaedyn

Postby Vanifae » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Jaedyn wrote:So...

This is depressing.

Make sure to bug that, unless eh is counted as level 74.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Jaedyn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Already bugged it. Rezzed and died twice more before getting sick of the godawful run back. One more time was a crush. The last time was a normal swing + ret paly killing me.
Jaedyn

Postby Caelia » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:07 pm

So....I transferred my old 70 prot paladin to the PTR, which the account it is on is expired and it let me do this which was odd but w/e i rolled with it. (also transferred my new paladin who is 68 there also but a 70 with t5/t6 is funner to play with on a ptr)

As seen here:

Now i go to log in as seen here:

and heres what i get!

So.....this is cool, on us PVP server.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:09 pm

It's not a bug. She's the leader of the Forsaken. She's all-powerful.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby fafhrd » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:39 pm

This is depressing.

i'm not sure what they did aside from the projective shadows, but character graphics are looking a lot nicer now.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby EvilNuff » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:03 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Pious wrote:I haven't played as Warrior/Rogue/Deathknight - but are they also able to spam rotations like these without ever worrying about rage/energy/runic power?

yes.

Actually no...not in the least. Mutilate is 60 E...Rogues sit on zero energy just waiting on it to recharge. Warriors of course start at zero and unless main tanking it doesn't fill up. In fact Warriors have rage dump abilities (heroic strike) to use specifically when over 50ish rage.
EvilNuff

Postby aranil » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:36 pm

This is depressing.

Don't fuck with the queen, she is hacks
aranil

Postby Caelia » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:03 pm

Soloing SH as we i type. OMG i love HotR!
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Jaedyn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Caelia wrote:Soloing SH as we i type. OMG i love HotR!

It's fairly amazing =)
Jaedyn

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK