Remove Advertisements

PTR 3.0 Available Now.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Grimmal » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:04 am

I had a 3 day wait. It took about 6 hours or so to download the patch, another 30 minutes to install, and another 10 minutes for the second patch. When I got in, all of my characters were there.

So shouldn't be to long hopefully.
Grimmal

Postby fafhrd » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:19 am

yeah, i got a 2 day wait to copy to the pve ptr, then next morning it says i have successful copies to pve and pvp ptr...

logging in and using portals is a nightmare though. and half the achievements seem retroactive, half do not...
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Andox » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:30 am

fafhrd wrote:yeah, i got a 2 day wait to copy to the pve ptr, then next morning it says i have successful copies to pve and pvp ptr...

logging in and using portals is a nightmare though. and half the achievements seem retroactive, half do not...

Well, seems like I have to solo the lvl 60 instances so I can get some Achivements from them
Andox

Postby Zalaria » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:34 am

Does anyone know what Beta version the PTR is? I'd assume it's the latest (8926), but are there any differences?
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby kram » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:46 am

Zalaria wrote:Does anyone know what Beta version the PTR is? I'd assume it's the latest (8926), but are there any differences?

Just from the notes it doesnt look like its the latest, AS .5 sec cast time.
kram

Postby Makaijin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:09 am

kram wrote:
Zalaria wrote:Does anyone know what Beta version the PTR is? I'd assume it's the latest (8926), but are there any differences?

Just from the notes it doesnt look like its the latest, AS .5 sec cast time.

I was got off the PTR just now, and I can tell you that AS is instant cast.
Makaijin

Postby Andox » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:38 am

Hm, I still don't get the new Judgements.

I created a Paladin and leveld him to 4, he just got JoL. When I Judge JoL it says in my log:

Jugement hit <target> for 14 damage

Is it the Judgement itself that do the damage, or the individual seal? I don't get that at all. And another thing. Is it only the Judge that give me health, or do the following melee hit also give me HP?
Andox

Postby Zalaria » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:44 am

Andox wrote:Hm, I still don't get the new Judgements.

I created a Paladin and leveld him to 4, he just got JoL. When I Judge JoL it says in my log:

Jugement hit <target> for 14 damage

Is it the Judgement itself that do the damage, or the individual seal? I don't get that at all. And another thing. Is it only the Judge that give me health, or do the following melee hit also give me HP?

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... 850#191850
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Andox » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:09 am

All cause damage based on attack power and spell power [20% of AP + 32% of Spell Power + 1]. The damage is additionally modified by the currently active Seal.

The bolded part is the thing I don't understand. Is it first Judgement damage + SoR damage, or is it just Judgement damage modified by the SoR damage? When I judged Light I had SoR up, but I still only saw the daage from the Judgement. Not even displayed on the SoR that it add damage to the Judgement.
Andox

Postby Fenris » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:13 am

Andox wrote:
All cause damage based on attack power and spell power [20% of AP + 32% of Spell Power + 1]. The damage is additionally modified by the currently active Seal.

The bolded part is the thing I don't understand. Is it first Judgement damage + SoR damage, or is it just Judgement damage modified by the SoR damage? When I judged Light I had SoR up, but I still only saw the daage from the Judgement. Not even displayed on the SoR that it add damage to the Judgement.

You judge and deal damage only once,the damage is modified by the seal you have active.

Btw,i noticed that JoW procs seem to happen once in a lifetime...It's just me or something is broken?
Last edited by Fenris on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Vedelin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:13 am

Because the PTR will actually be up and not crash every two seconds.

People who got the beta have to suuufffeeerrr.
Vedelin

Postby Pious » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:47 am

PTRs are full of "nefr ret palas!" - I do admit, Divine Storm and Judgements of the Wise coupled with the increased crit damage are pretty insane.

Great fun though, but I can smell the nerf bat incoming.
Pious

Postby Jaedyn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:48 am

About to try it out, almost done installing. We'll see how it goes.

Anything specific people would like me to test out?
Jaedyn

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:56 am

Pious wrote:PTRs are full of "nefr ret palas!" - I do admit, Divine Storm and Judgements of the Wise coupled with the increased crit damage are pretty insane.

Their overpowered , yes they are , that is using abilities DESIGNED for level 80 seriously ffs

Anywyay its funny to see everyone trying to bet a s3 ret pala , and he whipes the floor with em , ferals hah piece of cake , warlocks laugh etc.
Io.Draco

Postby fafhrd » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:06 am

Io.Draco wrote:
Pious wrote:PTRs are full of "nefr ret palas!" - I do admit, Divine Storm and Judgements of the Wise coupled with the increased crit damage are pretty insane.

Their overpowered , yes they are , that is using abilities DESIGNED for level 80 seriously ffs

The sad thing is though, when the 2.0 patch hit before TBC, and other classes were similarly overpowered using level 70 abilities at 60, people cried enough that the abilities got nerfed before TBC. And of course stayed nerfed at 70.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK