Itemization problem, please add your 2 cents

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Griffonheart » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:57 pm

Norrath wrote:Thus, the slower the weapon, the bigger the damage range, and the more damage your instant attack deals.


This is the part I don't understand. Wouldn't warrior use slower weapons too? But so far they have no complaint about using weapon with 2.0 or quicker weapon.
Griffonheart
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:51 pm

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:02 pm

It's because, while they do lose devastate damage, they gain a LOT from heroic strikes. Those are weapon damage + some damage, and are "on-next-attack" mechanics. Those benefit so greatly from a fast attack speed(and the smoother rage income) that they get the better end of the deal with a fast weapon.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15542
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Moses » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:05 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:It's because, while they do lose devastate damage, they gain a LOT from heroic strikes. Those are weapon damage + some damage, and are "on-next-attack" mechanics. Those benefit so greatly from a fast attack speed(and the smoother rage income) that they get the better end of the deal with a fast weapon.


Soooo change HotR to 50% damage and give it some other boosting effect, like better AP scaling or something.... of course that is just gonna push us back into caster weapons again prolly. Maybe make it weapon DPSx300%... might even get away with 400%. The better they make HotR work with weapon dps though the less likely we are to use spell damage weapons which are what is (as of right now) the best bet still right?
Image
User avatar
Moses
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Postby Griffonheart » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:49 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:It's because, while they do lose devastate damage, they gain a LOT from heroic strikes. Those are weapon damage + some damage, and are "on-next-attack" mechanics. Those benefit so greatly from a fast attack speed(and the smoother rage income) that they get the better end of the deal with a fast weapon.


Thank you Snake. I've never leveed a warrior above 10 so could use as much info as I can ^_^
Griffonheart
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:51 pm

Postby Blutreich » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:50 pm

it's a warrior tank weapon who cares?

i'd rather complain about our best tank weapon being
Titansteel Guardian
damn being stuck to caster weps!
Image
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Image
Blutreich
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:51 am

Postby Rasmfrackn » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:56 pm

Heroic Strike is the problem... Make heroic strike scale with weapon speed but leave it as an ONA, and rip out the stupid inherent threat (damage for threat is the way to go these days), and everybody gets to use nice slow weapons like we're supposed to. We have HotR, they have devastate, DKs have a bajillion instant attacks or something. :)

-- And yeah... the fact that HotR isn't enough to make us want to use melee weapons in the first place is another big problem we need to work out.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
User avatar
Rasmfrackn
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:11 pm

Postby Warcraft » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:16 pm

Well why don't all of you guys, or at least the ones with beta access, head over to Ghostcrawler's feedback thread and point out that Hammer of the Righteous needs to work equally well with fast weapons, since there are so many of them? I've only seen a few comments about it there. Most people just praise it for being a fun talent and leave it at that.
User avatar
Warcraft
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:49 am

Postby Vanifae » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:20 pm

Warcraft wrote:Well why don't all of you guys, or at least the ones with beta access, head over to Ghostcrawler's feedback thread and point out that Hammer of the Righteous needs to work equally well with fast weapons, since there are so many of them? I've only seen a few comments about it there. Most people just praise it for being a fun talent and leave it at that.

I created a thread about it and Dorvan has another thread and many people mentioned that.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby Jessiespano » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:57 pm

The spell damage weapon issue is why I'm in favor of changing Reckoning into a mechanic that increases our threat from weapon damage, either through something like Necrosis or the old Windfury Totem as holy damage. Either way, our auto attack damage leading to Holy damage (and thus more RF threat) would help to make actual weapon damage matter. it still doesn't really change the whole weapon speed problem, but it might be enough to make us forget about Titansteel Guardian.
Image
User avatar
Jessiespano
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:41 am

Postby Sharlos » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:51 pm

Moses wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:It's because, while they do lose devastate damage, they gain a LOT from heroic strikes. Those are weapon damage + some damage, and are "on-next-attack" mechanics. Those benefit so greatly from a fast attack speed(and the smoother rage income) that they get the better end of the deal with a fast weapon.


Soooo change HotR to 50% damage and give it some other boosting effect, like better AP scaling or something.... of course that is just gonna push us back into caster weapons again prolly. Maybe make it weapon DPSx300%... might even get away with 400%. The better they make HotR work with weapon dps though the less likely we are to use spell damage weapons which are what is (as of right now) the best bet still right?


I'd rather change Heroic Strike to scale with weapon speed like SoR dos.

Pladins used to favour fast weapon speed until they changed SoR to scale with weapon speed, they should do the same with heroic strike
I hate signatures, but i love irony
User avatar
Sharlos
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Spacemagic » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:42 am

Do DK's use a 2-hander to tank or two 1-handers?? if it's the latter, then maybe this sword is for them. It seems even faster than warrior tank weapons im used to...Sun Eater 1.60, King's Defender 1.60...etc. I just saw it and thought DK.
Spacemagic
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: Louisville,KY

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:26 am

Spacemagic wrote:Do DK's use a 2-hander to tank or two 1-handers?? if it's the latter, then maybe this sword is for them. It seems even faster than warrior tank weapons im used to...Sun Eater 1.60, King's Defender 1.60...etc. I just saw it and thought DK.
Deathknights use 2hers to tank.
Image
The Seeker.
User avatar
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 4529
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:53 am
Location: Malorne

Postby Norrath » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:33 am

Griffonheart wrote:
Norrath wrote:Thus, the slower the weapon, the bigger the damage range, and the more damage your instant attack deals.


This is the part I don't understand. Wouldn't warrior use slower weapons too? But so far they have no complaint about using weapon with 2.0 or quicker weapon.


Warriors have one instant attack that deals damage based on weapon damage: Devastate. It does 50% damage.

Plus, there's Heroic Strike. The faster the weapon, the more Heroic Strikes.

Warriors use slow weapons when OTing because there's not enough rage to use Heroic Strike effectively.
Image
Image
User avatar
Norrath
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Denmark

Postby Spacemagic » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:15 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Spacemagic wrote:Do DK's use a 2-hander to tank or two 1-handers?? if it's the latter, then maybe this sword is for them. It seems even faster than warrior tank weapons im used to...Sun Eater 1.60, King's Defender 1.60...etc. I just saw it and thought DK.
Deathknights use 2hers to tank.


o well, i tried :)
Spacemagic
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: Louisville,KY

Postby Lore » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:43 am

As a few people have mentioned - making Heroic Strike scale with weapon speed fixes the problem nicely.

DK's want slow weapons, Paladins want slow weapons, Warriors want slow weapons sometimes but fast weapons most of the time. Not a hard fix.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest