Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Aleriya » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:58 am

I am debating about taking inscription . . . with the current set of glyphs, it isn't all that attractive, but in the long run I would expect to see a lot more glyphs added, and the 4th slot could be a major bonus. The shoulder enchant isn't bad either.

If not inscription, then mining (for the third time >_<)
Aleriya

Postby katraya » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:15 am

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... id=2000#53

The motorcycles will be created by engineers but BoE so anyone can use them. :(

I just recently leveled engineering on my paladin and now I am kind of regretting it. The goggles are great for now, I was able equip them right when I hit 62, but I'm starting to think I should have gone with something else for long term (Wrath) usefulness.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Aldonza » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:52 am

BoE motorcycles?!

Since my Hunter is an engineer, I'm totally got to pick Mining back up on one of them. I may just drop Skinning on my paladin and pick up Mining and feed her the mats to level her Engineering.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Vestori » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:00 pm

Elixir's last 2 hours, Flasks last 4

ImageImage

Tank trinket

ImageImage

The mixology Effect seems to be anwhere from 25% - 50%, really no solid number from what I've seen.
Vestori

Postby honorshammer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Vestori wrote:Elixir's last 2 hours, Flasks last 4

ImageImage

Tank trinket

ImageImage

The mixology Effect seems to be anwhere from 25% - 50%, really no solid number from what I've seen.

do Elixir's persist through death?
honorshammer

Postby Vestori » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:06 pm

Honorshammer wrote:
Vestori wrote:Elixir's last 2 hours, Flasks last 4

ImageImage

Tank trinket

ImageImage

do Elixir's persist through death?

No the effect is still canceled when you die

Forgot to mention, as of now there are NO recipe's from various factions, not sure if they're just NYI, or not there at all, so possibility of no rep grind for recipe's for alchemy.
Vestori

Postby sapientialb » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:27 pm

To sort of keep this together,

Here's the itemized version of the tanking goggles.
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... oggles.jpg

I guess I'm still on a wait and see about BoP BS epics before I switch.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Bentfork » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:06 pm

update on the BOP eng goggles

tanking version
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... oggles.jpg

compared to the BS tanking helm:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41387

So the eng helm still wins out over the BS helm

gonna stick with BS and Eng, will walk into naxx at 80 with epic crafted shield, couple extra sockets, crafted weapon(depending if titansteel guardian req weap smith when all is said and done), a few other crafted epic tanking toys from bs like boots, gloves, etc, and eng helm, 81 stam trink with atk pwr proc also from eng.

gonna be really helpful to get a jump on raiding early on, can get rid of eng once helm and trinket are replaced eventually.
- the Fork
Bentfork

Postby Archimeades » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Does anyone know if Northrend will have an equivalent of motes? Will engineers still be at least kind of a gathering prof?
Archimeades

Postby Selinaria » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:33 pm

Archimeades wrote:Does anyone know if Northrend will have an equivalent of motes? Will engineers still be at least kind of a gathering prof?

Yes, there are new motes. Crystallized X and Eternal X where X is fire, water etc. are the new versions. And yes there are clouds.
Selinaria

Postby tbolt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:12 pm

I have Mining/Eng right now but my plan is to wait for the professions to get straightened out. Then when I know which 2 would give me the most benefits out of BS,Eng, and JC I'll mine the mats I need to level them up and then drop mining (and possibly Eng) and level those. I'm not too worried about money 'cause from what I've heard there are plenty of quests in Northrend that pay out pretty nicely.
tbolt

Postby Songblade » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:45 pm

So here is the end all, be all question for me.

What does everyone think will be the best for a raiding protection paladin?

Basically, if you were solely 100% dedicated to raiding, and you had no professions at the moment, what would you take?

I'm thinking of Leatherworking and Blacksmithing, that 90 stam enchant looks really nice, and a couple of extra stamina gems would fit very nicely with the (hopefully BoP) new gear they come out with.

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby tbolt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:16 pm

Songblade wrote:So here is the end all, be all question for me.

Basically, if you were solely 100% dedicated to raiding, and you had no professions at the moment, what would you take?

I'm thinking of Leatherworking and Blacksmithing, that 90 stam enchant looks really nice, and a couple of extra stamina gems would fit very nicely with the (hopefully BoP) new gear they come out with.

I would've guessed that BS/JC combo gives the most benefit for a tank due to the epic gems, extra sockets, and JC trinkets. But I have neither looked at the Inscription shoulder enchants nor done the math on the socket/epic gem combo vs other popular combinations. I would also like to know however, which two would give the most benefits.
tbolt

Postby Kroda » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:06 pm

Songblade wrote:So here is the end all, be all question for me.

I think the best combo will be Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting.

They synergy between extra slots, JC only gems and the trinkets from JCing is awesome.

The only reason I would consider leatherworking is for the resists, not the stam enchant.
Kroda

Postby edgeta » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:25 pm

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet so I figured I'd ask...does anyone know if the alchemy boost to pots, etc. stacks with the boost from the alchemist stones?

Also, I'm planning on switching to BS (From herbalism), but I'm not sure if I should go Armor or Weapon. Someone above mentioned a crafted epic shield...is this tied to one of the specializations or is it universal?
Mandoralin - lv 70 Paladin - Elune

50/11/0 (respeccing prot with next patch)
edgeta

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK